It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200,000 Year Old South African Civlization! color me amazed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
So there I am surfing the net for something interesting and what to my wondering eyes should appear?

this! you gottab be kidding me?
the pictures are amazing!
here's a link to the article it's long detailed and it's a doozie

200,000 Year Old Metropolis

[SNIP]

Even if it isn't as old as they say ,and anything is possible, but this is super old ?it's a fascinating find ,and Goldmining that long ago ?

My brain is on fire

Mod Edit: Quoted text and images removed because of copyright restrictions.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Those old timers could do it all!

Those look like some really cool domiciles tho@!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I hope archeologists start excavating some of the sites right away. I want to see what else they find, like tools, burial sites etc. S&F

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
well they have found evidence of GOLDMIMING! like this site could be more interesting! hahaha

there is a stone circle than doesn't line up with the solstices and equinox es
unless you go back several Processions of the Equinoxes ,which is a long time

this is a head scratcher,fo sho

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Tellinger is like a bad penny. Two years ago he was touting Adam's Calendar. In the years before that he was trying to sell books about humanity as a 'Slave Species.' He was retreading the path of Sitchin with an extra twist along the lines of the Aliens movies. I'd provide a link to his 'Slave Species' website, but it went offline last year. Maybe the wayback machine can find it?

It's possible that he'd set his sights on a kind of Icke fame and exchanged those ambitions for the success of Graham Hancock. Here he is again...maybe three times is a charm?

ETA: Nope...I was wrong...Slave Species lives again. He's on tour again too. Maybe this will be his year at last!

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Kandinsky]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
well

Mitochondrial DNA and fossil evidence indicates that modern humans originated in Africa about 200,000 years ago

wikipedia

Two critical mutations appeared roughly 200,000 years ago in a gene linked to language, then swept through the population at roughly the same time anatomically modern humans began to dominate the planet, according to new research.

link

must have been an evolutionary year

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Here's a link to Michael Tellinger's and Johan Heine's website, Makomati:

www.makomati.org...

Enjoy

(I find the Adams Calendar very interesting)

[edit on 25-7-2010 by TortoiseKweek]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Its very difficult for stuff to survive even 1000 years, not to mention 200 000. This is great news if true. Those who claim we were apes 200 000 years ago wont like it though...

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Its about time all the ancient human history should be "torn up" and rewritten, lets start from scratch again with what we know now...
All the evidence does not fit the history anymore

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
There will be more "BIG" news soon regarding South Africa. Some may be bed some may be good, but the news im talking about? i dont quite have a word for yet.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Tellinger is like a bad penny. Two years ago he was touting Adam's Calendar. In the years before that he was trying to sell books about humanity as a 'Slave Species.' He was retreading the path of Sitchin with an extra twist along the lines of the Aliens movies. I'd provide a link to his 'Slave Species' website, but it went offline last year. Maybe the wayback machine can find it?

It's possible that he'd set his sights on a kind of Icke fame and exchanged those ambitions for the success of Graham Hancock. Here he is again...maybe three times is a charm?

ETA: Nope...I was wrong...Slave Species lives again. He's on tour again too. Maybe this will be his year at last!

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Kandinsky]

OH I KNOW ,my main reason for posting this is Something is there and I would love more details about it, I dunno what to think about the 'Slave Species' thing. We do get treated like disposable cattle by the TPTB,and something is going on with that

they have way to much of whatever they want and desire for it to be natural,and we don't do enough to oppose them for no reason I can can call sane.

back to the site I dunno how ruins this ancient fit with Sumerian mythology so I'm leaving that part out and focusing on the archaeology itself,since I believe it will tell it's own story

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Viewzone?

Really?

I'm gonna need to see a link to a legitimate source before I'll believe news this extraordinary.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Needless to say it has some serious implications ......if true. I will have to see more evidence before rewriting the history books. What was the climate and coastline of that area of Southern Africa 200,000 years ago?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Its very difficult for stuff to survive even 1000 years, not to mention 200 000. This is great news if true. Those who claim we were apes 200 000 years ago wont like it though...

oh I think most people who would even care about a find like this already know that humans were never "apes" in the first place and that we branched off way longer than 200,000 years ago.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

OH I KNOW ,my main reason for posting this is Something is there and I would love more details about it, I dunno what to think about the 'Slave Species' thing.

I can understand your curiosity about our distant past. The same interest is in me too. The thing is...Tellinger is just making stuff up. He can see a pile of rocks and present them as lost civilisations. He continually face-plants himself by forgetting that anywhere interesting in Africa has been studied already.

People live in these places. They have tourist boards, archaeologists write about them. In a sense he's stealing their culture, re-writing it and trying to sell this bogus stuff.

There's a good reason why he's failed to make an impression after nearly ten years of trying...no facts, no evidence and his claims are falsifiable.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Humanity did not exist 200,000 years ago.

We evolved 50,000 years ago.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Gorman91]

While we evolved anatomically 200,000 years ago, we did not mentally evolve until 50,000 years ago.

Please research before trusting an obviously biased site.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Theoritically....

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by thomasc83

No. Factually.

See my above edition.

The reason the 2nd theory is all but debunked is because it implies the races are unequal, when we know mentally we are equal, and in fact quite simply the same mentally. It is a statistic improbability that all humans globally evolved their brains around the same time 50,000 years ago.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

will all you guys relax
I know all that

I'm just asking do these ruins exist ? I f so we should find out more about them

I 'm not talking about human evolution like I said the dating of this site has to be bogus ,but are the ruins themselves bogus?

do we have any African ATSers who can shed some light on this?

inquiring minds want to know

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Are you refering to what will supposedly happen when Nelson Mandela dies?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join