It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran will react if ships inspected: Ahmadinejad

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

Re your point about US executions. According to Amnesty International, US is the fifth highest in the world in terms of the number of executions carried out in 2009.

China, by a long way, carried out the most executions in the world. Followed by Iran (already high, the figures sky rocketed after the 2009 election protests), third highest is Iraq, fourth - Saudi Arabia, fifth - USA.

However, if you were to add to the US number of 'official' executions, all the 'unofficial' executions through their illegal wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, all the terrorist attacks perpetuated by them, US would be by a long, long way the country which executes more people than any other country in the world, and which now has the right to execute its citizens without any evidence against them and any judicial process. That too is execution - by bullet.

www.amnesty.org...

Not bad for a country which brags about wanting to take it's fictitious democracy to the rest of the world, brags about it's superiority and brags about its wish to create peace in the world. What sick hypocrisy.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I suppose it has escaped your attention that all of these "threats" are defensive.

If a bully comes up to me and starts waving his fists around, and I tell him if he touches me he's going to get what's coming to him, you call that a threat on my part?

I can't see how the people who think Iran is trying to start any of this have any lick of damned sense. I guess you have never been in any fights in your life? Probably shun away from them instantly as soon as you are confronted about anything. Well then no, you wouldn't understand the things Iran says. Of course you are going to go seek your Nanny State's teats instead. I hope if we attack Iran, it isn't just Iran that comes back and messes us up. I hope Washington DC is destroyed along with every crooked politician there.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
As long as US protects the other greatest thug on earth, Israel, there will never be peace in the region.

More sick hypocrisy. Israel has hundreds of undeclared nukes. Israel flouts all international conventions and laws.

I do not want to see Iran have nuclear weapons, and I abhor what the Iranian government is doing to its people, but Iran's argument against Israel is sound.

Israel's terrorism is the real problem in the area, and Israeli thugs should NOT have UNDECLARED weapons of mass destruction.

Israel is terrorising Palestinians, and Iran can totally justify its actions by sending in a flotilla, and threatening to defend itself against illegal searches by Israeli military.

Thus Israel plays into Iran's own agenda. Everyone can see that, but US still sends many billions of dollars of American's money to the Israeli thugs each year.

The opportunity to defy Israel, by sending in a flotilla towards Gaza, is a gift Israel has given to Iran.

And in any case, I believe they are all Illuminati, including Ahmadinajew, and are all playing their part in escalating the situation to its final horrendous outcome, because they ALL have world chaos as a means to total world domination as the final outcome of their shared sick agenda.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by wcitizen]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
well i must say i am impressed....America Is Waking UP..

I have faith yet in this world...thank you wc for correcting me on the executions and i knew i would be corrected....and i am glad your furthered your response.

And very good point about the other global thug Isreal.

the world as a whole...needs to wake up to these goverment agendas of global domination which is going to be at the demise of all mankind.

Iran is not the ones to be concerned about....even if they did get hold of nuclear power they would still be years and years from building up any kind of threatening arsenal.

But are we going to make a difference here...I think not.

But ,I for believe there is coming a time soon when we as people will need to make a stand and it is coming soon.

i believe in the human race,,,,and i believe the compassion within the human being will come to the forefront and we will find a way to beat the odds and actually live in peace that has not been forced upon us by government or religious influence

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Anyone boarding another nations vessels in their own or international waters is commiting an act of war, plain and simple. Sanctions are one thing, trying to board vessels for inspection is quite another, as is any sort of military blockade.

It's all simply designed to provoke and ramp up the likelihood of a reaction, and who could blame Iran for doing so? Trouble is, they are not playing ball and reacting, which makes the possibility of a false flag incident to kick things off even more likely or necessary in the eyes of the sociopathic maniacs pushing for war.

Last time I checked, Iran was not attacking anyone or guilty of nuclear weapons proliferation. Sadly, the same cannot be said for those most vocal in pushing for war.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Nope but Iran does sponsor terrorists such as the Hamas and the Hezbollah and letting one of these groups getting a nuke in their hands is unacceptable. Plain and simple.

Originally posted by Britguy
Anyone boarding another nations vessels in their own or international waters is commiting an act of war, plain and simple. Sanctions are one thing, trying to board vessels for inspection is quite another, as is any sort of military blockade.

It's all simply designed to provoke and ramp up the likelihood of a reaction, and who could blame Iran for doing so? Trouble is, they are not playing ball and reacting, which makes the possibility of a false flag incident to kick things off even more likely or necessary in the eyes of the sociopathic maniacs pushing for war.

Last time I checked, Iran was not attacking anyone or guilty of nuclear weapons proliferation. Sadly, the same cannot be said for those most vocal in pushing for war.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

What "nukes"? Iran hasn't got, nor is there any proof that they are developing nuclear weapons.
As for sponsoring terrorists, Hamas, like it or not were elected by the Palestinian people after years of the PA doing nothing to help them. At least Hamas work for their benefit.
Hezbollah are a Lebanese defence militia and political movment, nothing more or less. If Israel was not a threat to Lebanon, coveting it's territory, water supplies and offshore oil / gas, then Hezbollah would not be opposed to Israel, or might not even exist at all.

The destabilising force in the ME is Israel, plain and simple.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I am so sick and tired of the stupid childish games that Iran and North Korea are plaing. It's gone on for years, threats nearly every week (more in the case of NK) and then agreeing to talks, then stalling, then silliness again and on and on .....!!

Now I've just read that Iran wants to restart talks on a fuel exchange again

edition.cnn.com...=WiM-BpNtQlP

They are just so full of sh**, it's putting me off even reading the news now and every day a new thread on ATS, "North Korea Threatens ......"

Yep, here we go again.

Please somebody shut them up, I don't care how. Imagine how the Worlds leaders feel and I am sure they get to see / hear more silliness than we get in the MSM!

What do we do about it, any ideas??

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

I'm sure Iran will want the sanctions lifted, then they will start to talk, then they will back out of the talks, then the sanctions will be put back on them, then all of this will start over again until someone bombs the heck out of Iran

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Point well made, and I now that the PTB are in their little financial and subordinate cocoons, away from the true demise they , the people of power deserve that cause these thing's.
I am proud to be an American, and I say that with open mind,heart and unconditional belief in the rights for everyone on our planet.
Down with the "fat Cats" their wars are their money machine, we are the folks funding them, some how and somewhere you would think someone would be able to figure out how to take our virtues back as a nation, and not be epitomized by our lack of true interfering and governmental instabilities.
Send the people of power to the front lines, they are getting paid for their services, just doing from behind a desk somewhere in the USA.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
reply to post by minkey53

I'm sure Iran will want the sanctions lifted, then they will start to talk, then they will back out of the talks, then the sanctions will be put back on them, then all of this will start over again until someone bombs the heck out of Iran

Yay, a lot of people will say about time too and good ridance!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Negative. The destabilizing forces in the ME are the groups who keep firing the freaking rockets INDESCRIMINATELY i may add, into Israel. And who is supplying the vast majority of said rockets? IRAN. Its very simple actually....quit firing the freaking rockets and your areas whther its the Gaza Strip, The West Bank or Lebanon wont be flattened. Its that simple.

Originally posted by Britguy

What "nukes"? Iran hasn't got, nor is there any proof that they are developing nuclear weapons.
As for sponsoring terrorists, Hamas, like it or not were elected by the Palestinian people after years of the PA doing nothing to help them. At least Hamas work for their benefit.
Hezbollah are a Lebanese defence militia and political movment, nothing more or less. If Israel was not a threat to Lebanon, coveting it's territory, water supplies and offshore oil / gas, then Hezbollah would not be opposed to Israel, or might not even exist at all.

The destabilising force in the ME is Israel, plain and simple.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Now Iran is saying that they are capable of producing ballistic missles.
www.tehrantimes.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Don't you even find it a little ironic that those bottle rockets fired from Gaza are landing, for the most part, on empty land, that Israel stole after kicking off by force the Palestinian owners and occupants.
Hezbollah only fires in response to Israeli incursions across it's border, which is perfectly acceptable, don't you think?

There was all the talk and outrage about Ahmedinejad's mis-translated speech about wiping Israel off the map when, again rather ironically and missed by most people, it is Israel that has wiped Palestine off the map and is continuing to wipe out it's people.

So, I stand by my statement that it is in fact Israel that is the historical aggressor in the region and a massively destabilising influence. The sooner it falls the better.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Wow. Iran is forging ahead....i just dont see this whole issue being resolved peacefully...not at all. My guess is that strike will occur before the year is out.

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45

Now Iran is saying that they are capable of producing ballistic missles.
www.tehrantimes.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I think it will happen in the next six months. Maybe the Nov 11 date is right. What a good day to start WW3, after all it was the day WW1 ended.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by plube
I am Sorry but when is the states going to stop trying to inflict their will upon so many Nations of the world.

The thread is about Iran making threats if Israel inspects their ships. I missed the part about how thats the US inflicting their will on the world.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Israeli never signed the NPT(nuclear proliferation treaty) and as far as i know neither did iran or NK there for we cant exactly claim there alleged arsenals as illegal we can not like them but theres nothing legally prohibiting any non signatory to that treaty from having such weapons

as for americans policing the world or buying everyone off with our money i think its about time we shut the spout off and cut EVERYONE off!

they dont want us policeing the world fine we wont but that also means its not our job to try to feed the world either time to fix our backyard and tell the rest of the world to handle there own sheniganas for a while

as for irans threats yeah there gonna make them there gonna keep makeing them just like NK but until they actualy do something there is no credibility to those threats so thats exactly what they are threats and nothing more

if we do end up "invadeing" iran it wont be a ground campaign for lack of a better term its more likely to be a SMASH and grab job ie we go in blow up or disable as much of there military and nuclear program then leave wont be a long drawn out mission for demoracy or anything like that least with iran now koreas another story but i digress

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I believe this is not the first time we have heard these threats....

However.........

I am an American and i can say that our government needs to keep its nose out of other countrys business....

Why do you think it is none of the other countrys like us?

[edit on 26-7-2010 by LittleIndianJr.]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

there is more than enough material going missing all the time so if someone wanted to make a dirty bomb it could be achieved.

A terrorist group does not need state sponsership i am sure.

Published on Saturday, May 4, 2002 in the Washington Post
NRC Warns of Missing Radioactive Materials
by Joby Warrick

U.S. businesses and medical facilities have lost track of nearly 1,500 pieces equipment with radioactive parts since 1996, according to a new federal accounting of radiological material that terrorism experts warn could be used in a "dirty bomb" attack against a U.S. city.

In the past we have been very concerned about 'loose nukes' in the former Soviet Union, but it looks like we have the same kind of problem in this country.

US Rep Ed Markey
(D-MA)
The loss of radiological material, ranging from medical diagnostic equipment to industrial X-ray machines, has been viewed with increased concern since the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks and has prompted several new measures to prevent theft, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission said in a document released yesterday by a House member from Massachusetts.

The vast majority of the missing items contain tiny amounts of radioactive material and pose little threat, NRC officials said. But there have been several instances in recent years of lost or stolen hospital equipment that contains potentially lethal amounts of radioactive cobalt or cesium.

Such material could be packed around a conventional explosive -- a combination known as a "dirty bomb" -- to scatter radiation over large areas.

"The commission is concerned about this potential terrorist threat and has advised its licensees to enhance security," the NRC said in the report, which was requested by Rep. Ed Markey (D-Mass.).

The NRC regulates the commercial use of radioactive material. It acknowledged receiving reports of 1,495 lost or stolen radioactive "sources" between October 1996 and September 2001; about 660 of the missing items -- 44 percent -- were recovered, but the rest remain missing, the agency said.

The agency launched enforcement action against 54 companies and institutions involved in the incidents and collected fines from 16 of them. The penalties ranged from a few hundred dollars to $50,000.

Markey, a frequent critic of federal nuclear security precautions, said the report highlighted a need for better safeguards measures and stricter enforcement.

"Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda have been trying to obtain nuclear material. We know that the creation of a dirty bomb is one of al Qaeda's stated objectives," Markey said. "In the past we have been very concerned about 'loose nukes' in the former Soviet Union, but it looks like we have the same kind of problem in this country."

In an interview yesterday, an NRC spokesman stood by the agency's enforcement record and stressed that most of the missing items contained "very, very small" amounts of radioactive material. Still, the agency believes the terrorism risk is significant enough to warrant new safeguards to prevent theft, spokesman Victor Dricks said.

"We have taken this matter very seriously," Dricks said.

Lost and missing radioactive material has been a chronic, if under-recognized, concern for both the NRC and the Department of Energy for more than a decade. A DOE inventory begun in 1995 determined that "tens of thousands" of the agency's radioactive sources could not be fully accounted for, said Robert Alvarez, a DOE senior adviser during the Clinton administration.

Many of the missing items -- including radiotherapy devices that could deliver a lethal dose of radiation within hours or minutes to someone directly exposed to the radioactive core -- ended up in dumps and scrap yards, Alvarez said. Today, radioactive material turns up so frequently in scrap metal that some recycling plants have installed radiation detectors, he said.

"If one of these things can end up in a scrap yard, it can end up in the hands of a terrorist," Alvarez said.

Now for TPTB to make huge amounts of money on thier weapons that they make all the time....these said weapons need to be used.

So therefore you need to create proper sized wars not just a tit for tat.

weapons cost billions of dollars to maintain, they can't just sit there.

Can they?

[edit on 023131p://f19Thursday by plube]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join