It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea Clinton's Wedding: Why its getting attention

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Terces_Pot_Evoba

Doesn't the royal family always get press in the "life" section.

America loves the princess and this is just another example.

We should all be proud to server the Clintons.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I come from the land of the celeb news fanatics, England. Here it's not just the royals, a footballer's marriage to a Spice Girl got tons of coverage too. It sells news, that's about it. Celeb gossip and the latest diet craze are the only reasons that every housewife in the nation reads the utterly horrid and barely coherent Daily Mail.

You Americans are going to be force-fed the Clinton wedding for the same reason, it sells. I'm a journalist and I hate that fact too, but it is true.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I also failed to mention that there will be ritualistic cannibalism at the wedding, and there will be reptillian humanoids performing the luciferian sacrifices after the incestuous bush-clinton blood orgy

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
To be honest i've heard more about Chelsea Clinton's wedding here on ATS than anywhere else.

I'd say any publicity in the media would be because the Clinton name still carries alot of juice and nothing to do with any nefarious influence on "sheeple".

Edited: for more lousy spelling...it's a long morning so far.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by bg_socalif]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I think it is getting the same amount of press as when one of George W. Bush's daughters got married. The Clinton Wedding does make for good entertainment news because a lot of celebrities and politicians will be there. However, it would not surprise me if Chelsea Clinton's wedding got pushed to the back pages if news breaks that Lindsey Lohan sneezed in prison or if one of the Kardashians broke a nail.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
2.5 million for a wedding.

Talk about elitism.

2.5 million is ridiculous.

But, people keep allowing this inequality to occur so whom am I to say.

Absolutely ludicris.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I would not complain about that, unless the Stimulus Package was used for it.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I saw them speculating on the News this morning that costs may exceed $10 million.

Seriously, how many millions does it take to realize that they know the dollar is defunct too! If you had a load of green you need dumping fast a wedding is the way to do it. The fortunate side to this is that the Clintons are certainly jumpstarting one local economy! False as it is.

Another item that I found absurd is the 'No Fly' order in effect; I wonder how much that cost, and can I get one too? Do you think there are some F-16's out there ready to intercept the paparazzi? Do you think they will shoot them down?

In all honesty it is a known fact that every girl marries her father; she can only gauge the man based on her known parameters. I am not wishing infidelity but if she doesn't get a dress sample she may not be able to prove anything. I am sure Momma Hillary filled her in on that one!

The fiance' is actually cute, so I say "You Go Girl!" They are only cute at this age anyways, besides she is not from a broken family so divorce is probably not something she will ever consider!

I heard Country Chic is the dress requirements, ole Oprah must be having a momentary flashback of "The Color Purple". Poor thing, always the bridesmaid never the bride.

I have only been to several weddings myself. One was my brother's wedding and the scary part about that one was when the Bride's mother came up to me and asked if I was the Groom! EEEEEK! LOL This was just before the ceremony.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I think it IS news.

The elites are showing themselves and there's a lot here that could use a closer look.

The wedding is being held at George Soros's daughter's house.

It has been said that George Soros is funding some of it - and the first figure I heard was 2.2 POUNDS not dollars. That's more than a 2million dollar wedding.

Think it is interesting that they are serving organic, grass fed organic beef. (The elites are not going to poison themselves I guess.)

She's now a HEDGE FUND Manager. Ok? He's an INVESTMENT BANKER at GOLDMAN SACHS.

His father was a congressman convicted of a lot of fraud. Her father was impeached, but there was that big real estate snafu that saw a dead man scandal....

She's protestant, he's Jewish. Will she convert?

It seems our politicians are not 'in bed' with the bankers. THEY ARE MARRYING THE BANKERS

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Bread

Circuses

"Let them eat cake"

Simple...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
This is really going to pizz some liberals off....but Chelsea's husband is Jewish.

The Jewish vote is in the Clinton family for sure.

Boy, are those liberals going to be pizzed off when they figure this out.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by fred call

Who cares what religion her husband follows? You act like every Liberal are racist. We're not and I have Jewish blood in me.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Her husband and his family is rather interesting...
by what I read, he works for a hedge fund...G3 Capital...
before that, he worked for Goldman Sachs.Ni

An "investment banker"..

His father is even more interesting. Sounds like the predecessor of bernie maddoff... ya know, catered to the rich people, conning them into ponzi schemes. Interestly enough one of those schemes he conned people out of money went into a ponzi scheme th alot of people would recognize if they've been reading email for any amount of time...
The Nigernian Email Scams....

I guess it is possible that the guy went nutty because of the drugs that were given to him for his bipolar condition (that was diagnosed after his indictment), but well, I am kind of like the court was when they heard the case.....don't really buy it...

by what I have read, the guy, a former senator, and big time investor got burned quite a bit by these Nigernian Email Scams....
I would hope that a senator, along with someone that the wealthy are getting advice from would be able to figure out most of us figure out whenever we read these lame emails.....it's a bunch of bs...

which leads me to a question...lol.....
what's the story behind these stupid little Nigernian Email Scams....

I mean, if a bunch of rich people would fall for them, then I guess there might be barristers in london, along with all those other shadey gov't officials that are swiping millions from their countries, family heritances, ect.....and well, are making deals that the ones that are described in those letters, only more than likely, it's just played amoung the rich and powerful....
I would assume that it would be rather common, for this guy to pull something like this off.....

or is there something else going on???

a way to transfer money, both public and private to the nigerian gov't as bribe payments or something??

[edit on 1-8-2010 by dawnstar]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Guys, this is fairly simple. Bill Clinton had the good luck (and it was largely luck) to serve as President during times of relative peace, with a prosperous economy and a balanced budget.

Nobody else -- not even the charismatic, partisan golden boys (Reagan, Obama) -- have been able to claim that in recent decades.

This drives people mad, but history is going to look VERY favorably upon Bill Clinton.

Thus, in hindsight, most people reluctantly like "Slick Willy," and the wedding of his only daughter has received widespread media coverage as a result.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by The Patriot

Geez , I hope her new Husband dosen't Smoke cigars........

top topics

<< 1   >>

join