It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-CIA chief: Strike on Iran seems more likely now

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Ex-CIA chief: Strike on Iran seems more likely now

www.washingtonpost.com

WASHINGTON -- A former CIA director says military action against Iran now seems more likely because no matter what the U.S. does diplomatically, Tehran keeps pushing ahead with its suspected nuclear program. Michael Hayden, a CIA chief under President George W. Bush, says that during his tenure a strike was "way down the list" of options. But he tells CNN's "State of the Union" that such action now "seems inexorable."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I am realy sick of all this talk, why not just get it over with already! I think the decision was made along time ago they are just waiting on the right opportunity. IMO it will be a disaster but nothing we can do about it !....

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-7-2010 by paradiselost333]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Yeah I kinda agree
Now it is just a matter of time,..
It will be an interesting rest of the year

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
If he's a neocon, this wish makes perfect sense. But I don't think his masters are going to get their way this time, barring an "accident" (wink wink), Israel going rogue, or a direct attack by Iran, which isn't going to happen. Then again maybe he knows something about the first two.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Hmm , so wait a second. All the countries america and its allies give a crap about , can defend themselves against nuclear threats , because most are probably involved with some protection scheme, allowing for US airbourne lazer platforms to remove ICBM and other nuclear threats from the skies.
Not to mention the other numerous methods by which a missile can be removed from active service by defensive action. Israel for instance has more than four ways to do it.
BUT even though the threat posed by Nuclear Iran is there fore moot, non existant, the US STILL wants to strike ??? Why the hell ? What possible reason for that could they have , except to put more kill markings on jets and apaches ? Sickening.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This quote is just too much

"Tehran keeps pushing ahead with its suspected nuclear program"

How does one know what stage a "suspected program" is at. Isn't that like saying . We really have no clue whats going on . But if something is going on . I bet its bad.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
What are the odds that all this talk is designed to scare Iran into compliance?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradiselost333

I am realy sick of all this talk, why not just get it over with already! I think the decision was made along time ago they are just waiting on the right opportunity. IMO it will be a disaster but nothing we can do about it !....

Oh, your so sick of this talk and wish they would go ahead and do it just so you don't have to be bothered anymore.

Then let the opening bombardments begin with your very own home ok?

Heaven forbid TPTB annoy paradiselost333 by not slaughtering thousands of innocent Iranians so that he can get on with his comfortable life thousands of miles away from the carnage.

I have a better idea, why don't we just bomb all of the warmongers on this planet first and then talk about killing others just because they're not playing along with our totalitarian demands which are so hypocritical they would ebarrass a prostitute.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by warequalsmurder]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
There is no such thing as Ex-CIA. There is only active and inactive. No one really gets out unless their life expires, kinda like the mafia.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
It's "talk" to make people think this is inevitable.

It's "talk" to get their agenda out there.

Look at who is "for" Israel and "for" striking Iran. The neocon pukes and their endless propaganda to convince the world this has to be done.

Netayahu, Lieberman, McCain, Bolton, and their various minions like this dude. The good news is the president (if that even matters) and Clinton and various other who now have a slight balance of power are NOT aligned with them. They are CFR, and while the CFR is by no means saintly, they're the lesser evil at this time. They do NOT want this to happen.

[edit on 7/25/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
What are the odds that they're desensitizing us to the fact that they ARE going in with or without a viable reason, or to make us so sick of it all that we just want them to "get it over with"?

Iran would have backed down 8 years ago if they were ever going to.

Like everything else that happens in the world, there are always two sides to every "story", but we never hear the truth either way. What really matters is who has the better propaganda, and is there a way to make money during and after the war.

They're only worried about the "after" at the moment...but that will wane soon enough.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Related thread in case you want to take action. This thread is talking about a bill in congress to support Israel and get Iran. Again, probably the neocons/zionists at work, pushing their agenda.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I'm new here so not so sure with adding links etc just yet, but I've just been looking on the RSOE alert map, and it's showing an event in Iran today, says there's been an explosion on Kharke Island off the Persian Gulf of an un-named petrochemical factory.. anyone have any further clarification of this?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
EDIS Number EX-20100725-27122-IRN
Event type Explosion Date / time [UTC] 25/07/2010 - 05:52:51
Country Iran Area Unnamed Petrochemical Factory
County / State Khark Island (Persian Gulf) City -
Cause of event Unknown Log date [UTC] 25/07/2010 - 05:52:51
Damage level Moderate Time left -
Latitude: N 29° 14.743 Longitude: E 50° 18.724
Number of deads: 4 persons Number of injured persons: 7 persons
Number of missing persons: Not or Not data Number of infected persons -
Number of evacuated persons: Not or Not data Population No data!

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Without going into all the past and ongoing inspections by the IAEA and no weapons programme being found, and no proof of it from those calling for attacks, the outcome will still be the one desired by Israel.

It is Israel, and it's bought, bribed and blackmailed supporters that are pushing for war. They, and thier share portfolios in the arms markets will also make them a nice little profit on the side too, while people are killed and maimed. The whole bunch of elitist, sociopathic bottom feeders should all be swinging from the nearest tree, as that's the only way this war is going to be averted.

We'll get the solemn looking leaders on tv telling us how difficult the decision to go to war was and how their hand was forced by the evil Iranian leaders...blah, blah, blah, heard it all before though, haven't we!

Of course, the Iranians brokered a fuel swap deal, which is what the US and others wanted, with Brazil and Turkey. Then, Israel murders 8 Turkish nationals on a boat in international waters and starts yelling that Turkey is siding with terrorists. Same old story, when they cannot get their own way, they'll kill some people and claim to be the poor victims, again and again.

So, this war will happen. Public opinion and objections will be ignored once again. The politicians and corporate boys will get their cheques from Israel for being good little doggies, and the dumb public will get stiffed for the bill and have to send their loved ones off to die for Israels wishes....again!

It's not like it hasn't happened before though.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Britguy]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Thanks for that, wasn't sure if I was seeing things at first... there doesn't seem to be much on the story (if it's relevant to become one). Just seems a bit of a coincidence with the talk over the past week or so.. hummm..

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Arent most of Irans nuclear sites in mountianous regions well away from population centers? This could bode well for a massive strike that would leave the cities and civilians alone but just hit their nuclear infrastructure.

So far all of the talk about potential military action is just against the nuclear sites. It would be VERY much UNLIKE Iraq when the strikes were against its leadership (i.e. government building and locations in its capital).

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Many Iranian research facilities are in or near population centres. Also, any massive strike will not just target these, but will also try to demolish government and military control and communications as well. That will of course lead to a lot of deaths.

I'm sure the Iranian people will back the US and Israel though despite the deaths of their friends and relatives and blame their own government.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
And if we attack Iran, will China invade Taiwan, and N Korea attack S Korea?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by warequalsmurder

Dont attack me with anti war rubbish I am not pro war just anti islama facist having nuclear bombs

dont kid yourself if they develope the means to make one they will!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join