It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

90 Accomplishments of Pres. Obama Which The Media Fails to Report

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I cam across this on stumble upon. Apparently the media has never reported these to the people. I would like to get your thoughts on President Obama's 90 accomplishments.
I will share the first 15 and you can click the link to finish reading the list.
www.dailykos.com...

1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make recommendations for ways to cut spending

2. Ordered a review of all federal operations to identify and cut wasteful spending and practices

3. Instituted enforcement for equal pay for women

4. Beginning the withdrawal of US troops from Iraq

5. Families of fallen soldiers have expenses covered to be on hand when the body arrives at Dover AFB

6. Ended media blackout on war casualties; reporting full information

7. Ended media blackout on covering the return of fallen soldiers to Dover AFB; the media is now permitted to do so pending adherence to respectful rules and approval of fallen soldier's family

8. The White House and federal government are respecting the Freedom of Information Act

9. Instructed all federal agencies to promote openness and transparency as much as possible

10. Limits on lobbyist's access to the White House

11. Limits on White House aides working for lobbyists after their tenure in the administration

12. Ended the previous stop-loss policy that kept soldiers in Iraq/Afghanistan longer than their enlistment date

13. Phasing out the expensive F-22 war plane and other outdated weapons systems, which weren't even used or needed in Iraq/Afghanistan

14. Removed restrictions on embryonic stem-cell research

15. Federal support for stem-cell and new biomedical research

"Please keep this thread civil!!" We don't need any boo-boos.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I'm guessing this thread is sarcasm at its finest....

OR, you drank way too much Kool-Aid...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

Well I did have a little too much kool-aid. About an hour ago I found this article and wanted to see what every one's thoughts are on this article.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

8. The White House and federal government are respecting the Freedom of Information Act

9. Instructed all federal agencies to promote openness and transparency as much as possible

Well lets just start with the two above...

His first act as President was to sign an Executive Order to seal ALL his past documents...
Its the most secretive WH ever....

But thats not unusual, they all seem to hide more and more...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
This is outright propaganda and spin on things that aren't as they seem.

For instance, while Obama did order some troops home from Iraq, he surely isn't doing what he promised to do when he was on the stump. All he did, was basically bring home a few troops and then rename the operations of the remaining troops in a sick little play on words, designed to fool the American public. The sad thing is, some people actually bought it.

This is just one example and when you break down all of the rest, you will see that they are all little veneers, designed to trick us into believing that Obama is actually holding to his promise of change, when that couldn't be further from the truth.

When I have more time, I'll break all of them down to show just how phony most of these "changes" actually are.

--airspoon

[edit on 25-7-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   

I agree with that. All leaders are secretive. Would you want the public to know what's going on in the Oval office?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Thanks for replying to my message. Everyone with a brain knew Obama or McCain would bring the troops home right away. Didn't we ever learn anything from President Nixon promising an end to the Vietnam war and then started the bombings?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Would you want the public to know what's going on in the Oval office?

Damn right I would!!!!!

These people, Pres included, are supposed to be the Representatives of "THE PEOPLE"..They work for us....

And aslo, they seem to want the ability to spy on us and know EVERYTHING we do, say and think....

Why shouldn't we know what they are doing???

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Say that to everyone else. I do agree with you though. Would you want to improve your society or kiss some dirty butts behind closed doors.
I have site I would like to share with you.
mostlywater.org...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
the problem is that everyone knows how limited the president's powers are, but at the same time they expect him to fix everything.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
It doesn’t matter what Obama does on those fronts because if he doesn’t solve the unemployment mess that plagues the economy then he is a failure as president.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129

Would you want the public to know what's going on in the Oval office?

Damn right I would!!!!!

These people, Pres included, are supposed to be the Representatives of "THE PEOPLE"..They work for us....

And aslo, they seem to want the ability to spy on us and know EVERYTHING we do, say and think....

Why shouldn't we know what they are doing???

i agree. secrets belong in the realm of military intel (oxymoron), not in public office. there is a need for clandestine strategy, against the enemy. not the people. which suggests that our government views it's public as an enemy rather than employer.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
It doesn’t matter what Obama does on those fronts because if he doesn’t solve the unemployment mess that plagues the economy then he is a failure as president.

Coming into his presidency when he did, and picking up the disastrous pieces left behind by the Bush administration which included wars, skyrocketing unemployment/job loss and a monumental deficit, that isn't going to be such an easy task.

From December 2007 when the recession started to December 2008, an additional 3.6 million people became unemployed.[56] And, in January 2009, his last month in office, the nation lost 655,000 jobs, raising the unemployment rate to 7.6 percent, the highest level in more than 15 years.

Bush Admin-Wiki

As much as everyone wants to blame him for the disastrous state of our Country, to be honest, Obama really just stepped in the mess that was already there.

It would take more than one-term for any President to fix so in that sense, unless McCain and Palin had superhuman-powers and could rewrite history with the mere blink of their eyes, they too would be failures.

It is unrealistic to think otherwise.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
I cam across this on stumble upon. Apparently the media has never reported these to the people. I would like to get your thoughts on President Obama's 90 accomplishments.
I will share the first 15 and you can click the link to finish reading the list.
www.dailykos.com...

1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make recommendations for ways to cut spending

how much did this study cost?

2. Ordered a review of all federal operations to identify and cut wasteful spending and practices

how much did this review cost?

big thank you to the trial lawyers.

all thanks to the surge that Obama was against.

5. Families of fallen soldiers have expenses covered to be on hand when the body arrives at Dover AFB

no brainer

helps aid in anti-war propaganda.

7. Ended media blackout on covering the return of fallen soldiers to Dover AFB; the media is now permitted to do so pending adherence to respectful rules and approval of fallen soldier's family

same as above, man they are kind of stretching getting to 90 reasons

only when it suits them too do it. Remember the New York flyover pics...took them forever to comply.

again big stretch to get 90 reasons...same as above.

Too funny, Obama's admin is full of former lobbyists.

11. Limits on White House aides working for lobbyists after their tenure in the administration

nice gesture to former employees...restricting job opportunities.

12. Ended the previous stop-loss policy that kept soldiers in Iraq/Afghanistan longer than their enlistment date

stop-loss was a total hoax. Every soldier signs up for an 8 year commitment.

13. Phasing out the expensive F-22 war plane and other outdated weapons systems, which weren't even used or needed in Iraq/Afghanistan

They actually listened to the Pentagon?

Translation: Allow government money on to be spent on bad science.

once again another combo to get to 90 reasons....pretty sad

"Please keep this thread civil!!" We don't need any boo-boos.

I debunked the first 15 the other 75 shouldn't be that hard.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
91- He's managed to NOT be assassinated. Now THERE'S a feat in this political climate.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129

Well lets just start with the two above...

His first act as President was to sign an Executive Order to seal ALL his past documents...
Its the most secretive WH ever....

But thats not unusual, they all seem to hide more and more...

Seems odd that you have to start with 8 and 9 and you do not even refute them correctly. All you are citing is the same order every president signs after they get into office. Obama following standard protocol does not negate 8 or 9 so moving on...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Alright.

Alright.

"Affirmative Action" rears its ugly leftist head again. How you do think women feel for getting paid not by performance but because someone feels sorry for them?

Fair enough.

Very nice.

OK.

Accepted.

Hopefully.

OK.

OK.

OK.

OK.

OK.

Undecided.

Undecided.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by gravykraken
i agree. secrets belong in the realm of military intel (oxymoron), not in public office. there is a need for clandestine strategy, against the enemy. not the people. which suggests that our government views it's public as an enemy rather than employer.

Wouldn't the fact that he is commander in chief complicate that a bit? It is not like the mayor of Huckleberry, the president is actually involved in military intel, right?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae
Wouldn't the fact that he is commander in chief complicate that a bit? It is not like the mayor of Huckleberry, the president is actually involved in military intel, right?

Yes but to what degree? Does he get ALL the intel? Most of the intel? Some of the intel? A pantload of BS? The president is pretty much a figurehead for the people. The REAL power exists in boardrooms, not the Oval Office.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

Well the public know less about Obama's past than any other president I can think of...

There are even years missing, from what I have read, where no one knows where he was,

top topics

<<   2 >>

join