It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do members financially support ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I just made my first financial contribution to ATS and plan to make more in the future. This could be because I can't make a decent intellectual contribution as some of you have discovered.

ATS is one of the few conspiratorial based internet sites currently operating that offers a vast amount of "free" information to members & non-members alike and encourages a diversified plethora of input from its members in a "free" flawless medium which might be taken for granted.

I, for one, would hate to see this site go down due to financial difficulties because once it's gone...it's gone. That would be a real shame considering the fine bunch of people actively involved with this site.

I know that the monthly operating expenses for this type of site are extensive and, as a result, you see forms of advertising when entering...an example would be that I was the one millionth visitor to this site about ten times...heh heh.

If you have a couple of extra dollars, consider a contribution to ATS. If you don't have a credit card, I'm sure ATS can provide an address in which to mail a small donation. Remember, every dollar counts.

deleted

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 12:42 PM
link   
As of yet, I haven't contributed but would be willing to do so. I would be curious what the admin or mods have to say, whether the site is in financial difficulty or not, if they even know. I would hate to see the site go down as well, I have enjoyed participating in these discussions.

Deleted, I beg to differ that you cant make a decent intellectual contribution, you always make sense and get your point across, everybody contributes to make the site what it is, in my opinion. And hey, they told me I was the one millionth visitor! LOL

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   
ProudAmerican,

Thanks for your comment, but two dozen people have read this topic and you are the soul responder which clearly shows that obtaining free information and entertainment is all that matters.

It is not whether ATS is in financial difficulty. If every member would donate the equilvilant of a "happy meal" per month, would it be so hard to imagine that ATS might expand the site and provide even better services to its members?

I'm sure that there are no ATS founders getting wealthy off of this site as it exists.

Just a couple of bucks per month contributed by the current membership could lead to even greater things in the future.

deleted

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by deleted

Thanks for your comment, but two dozen people have read this topic and you are the soul responder which clearly shows that obtaining free information and entertainment is all that matters.

I bet you touched the wrong nerve. Probably that many users weren't happy to read your post. When you ask for money, the majority of the peoples are looking somewhere else. Money money, it's all about money !

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I swear that this is the the last time I'll ever suggest that members contribute two dollars per month to offset expenses incurred by ATS.

What a stupid idea...oh wait...Simon is parked outside in his new Mercedes waiting to pick me up for a Vegas road trip...got to go.

reluctantly deleted

top topics

join