It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help understand Buddhism!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Christians fight and suffer. There are knowledgeseekers and militarymen. Christianity is misunderstood. We do not worship statues. There is only one God, just like in buddhism Brahma is. Brahma is God. Krishna the way. Knowledge what is stated with the religion. Peace and conformity. After reading the bible myself there is the greatest explanation of what is going on in the world. False christians thou hast met what made you think wrong things. They are untrue.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Re Etherical waterwave

I on my part consider my participation on this thread on buddhism ended. It has seemingly run its course, and I'm not that fascinated by your misuse of it as a propagandistic outlet for your own excessive ignorance and extremism.

Your statement:

" There is only one God, just like in buddhism Brahma is. Brahma is God. Krishna the way."

speaks oceans, not only of the knowledge-vacuum of anything outside your holy bubble, but also about your arrogance by joining a thread without even the slightest will to acquire any information of the subject, you are commenting on.

In other words: The blooming flower of fringe-fanatic christianity, caught up in its own fantasies. And from there derogating ideologies ten times more sane and functional than itself.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I still have to make clear there is only one God where all knowledge and wisdom resides from. Without this God we have no wisdom. Wisdom and creation is all by his hand. Without this God there would have never been buddhism. Buddhism to the west looks like the most caring and overcoming religion. People love eachother. Christianity had much blame but christianity has been misunderstood. It would be right to equalize eastern buddhism with western christianity.

Why change religion? Do you want buddhism been charged on the West?

Christians around here have wars. War is extreme!! There are also wars in the east, never forget that. There's not much been told of. In my perception we have heard too much of christian wars in wrong ways. Wrong things with this debate?
edit on 2010/12/9 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

definition of Religion; worship of the one and only almighty God and salvation.
edit on 2010/12/9 by etherical waterwave because: spelling

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Help understanding Buddhism:

www.youtube.com...

I am glad.
edit on 2010/12/9 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

need help understanding buddhism:

www.youtube.com...

I am me! Straight to the co!

edit on 2010/12/9 by etherical waterwave because: clear !!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I'm in apolagy of making the thread going offroad, if I did. My apologies. I cannot think on my own no more. S U K's.

Threadstraightener.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I have a question. Aren't all religions based on just one? Show me your interests in what you beleive, I can help clear things up.

additional biblebook"proverbs"

exerpt;

Proverbs 1
The Purpose of Proverbs

1 These are the proverbs of Solomon, David’s son, king of Israel.

2 Their purpose is to teach people wisdom and discipline,
to help them understand the insights of the wise.
3 Their purpose is to teach people to live disciplined and successful lives,
to help them do what is right, just, and fair.
4 These proverbs will give insight to the simple,
knowledge and discernment to the young.

5 Let the wise listen to these proverbs and become even wiser.
Let those with understanding receive guidance
6 by exploring the meaning in these proverbs and parables,
the words of the wise and their riddles.

7 Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true knowledge,
but fools despise wisdom and discipline.

REad further

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
I have a question. Aren't all religions based on just one?

YES!

"All religions are precious pearls linked on the golden thread of Divinity."

edit on 10-12-2010 by Tamahu because: edited text

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
All religions are precious pearls linked on the golden thread of Divinity."[/url]

And ALL religions are forms of economy, as the above statement supports, pearls having been the first 'rare' commodity, and shells the first form of idolatory, and the first global currency. Hence the 'creation' of the seemingness of rarity, taking what nature provides and putting a price on it.

I like your avatar, but where is his pipe and pitcher? A Shaman cannot be a Shaman if he does not inbibe. And if he is not a Shaman, he has no business wearing Clever.

edit on 10-12-2010 by seeyounexttuesday because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
strive for nothing
cast off your wants needs and desires
experience your life vicariously
burn your books and quiet your mind
step out of your perspective for a brief moment
enlightenment abounds.

N O W !

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by seeyounexttuesday

Gnostic Shamanism:

"The Peyotl allows the conscious projection of the Astral Body.

"This is a sacred plant of the grand White Lodge.

"Unfortunately, in the capital of the Mexican Republic, it is absolutely impossible to find the authentic Peyotl. It can only be found in San Luis Potosi or among the Tarahuamara Indians of La Sierra in Chihuahua."

"The distinct indigenous tribes of the whole world are the possessors of that archaic, ancient wisdom of the Green Snake.

“The occultism which is known in the cities is nothing else but a grotesque caricature of the ancient wisdom which is hidden within the subterranean Sanctuaries of the Andes, Bohemia, Tibet and in all the subterranean caverns of the Sierra Nevada of Santa Marta, in the Alps and the sandy deserts of Asia and Africa."

- Samael Aun Weor

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

To make physical things into idols is obviously idolatry (although religious statues are not necessarily of idolatry in and of themselves, even when utilized as inspiration for devotion), and idolatry occurs only when people take the exoteric doctrine, or the dead letter, to be the whole of the doctrine, which it is not.

Idolatry can be both physical and mental (the forms of the mind can be idolized too).

The Esoteric Doctrine is different, because it is the Heart Doctrine.

edit on 10-12-2010 by Tamahu because: edited text

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Gnostic Shamanism:

"The Peyotl allows the conscious projection of the Astral Body.

"This is a sacred plant of the grand White Lodge.

"Unfortunately, in the capital of the Mexican Republic, it is absolutely impossible to find the authentic Peyotl. It can only be found in San Luis Potosi or among the Tarahuamara Indians of La Sierra in Chihuahua."

"The distinct indigenous tribes of the whole world are the possessors of that archaic, ancient wisdom of the Green Snake.

“The occultism which is known in the cities is nothing else but a grotesque caricature of the ancient wisdom which is hidden within the subterranean Sanctuaries of the Andes, Bohemia, Tibet and in all the subterranean caverns of the Sierra Nevada of Santa Marta, in the Alps and the sandy deserts of Asia and Africa."

- Samael Aun Weor

Hmmm....well....you get the gist...but....the image in your avatar is Egyptian and there are no Peyote in Egypt. As far as I know. Plant Gnosis is above all, dependent upon environment. In the Middle East, and I shoul imagine this extends to arid Africa, they have traditionally favoured Syrian Rue, which when the seeds are burnt create a euphoric/ecstatic effect, with hallucinations which commonly involve spotted cats (Clever). Alexander Shulgin, using pure Harmine (the active chemical compound in Syrian Rue), too experienced said hallucinations. The seeds of Syrian Rue are believed to have been used as part of the Eleusian Mysteries.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Re Tamahu

While your opinions are both interesting and worth consideration, you are nonetheless very doctrinal and emphathetical in your presentation, sounding more or less like Etherical Waterwave, when he tried to push his very special version of christianity, mostly out of context with the topic of buddhism on this thread.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Rue is said to be excellent, although I have not yet performed the Elemental Magic of Rue.

And I'm only somewhat familiar with the Eleusinian Mysteries specifically.

I know that Manly P. Hall and other Occult Masons have written about the Eleusinian Mysteries as well.

Depictions of the Khemetian Gnostic Tarot can be seen HERE.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I've actually been learning a little bit about exotic African cats as of recently:

Mimicryexoticats.com

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I've actually been learning a little bit about exotic African cats as of recently:

Mimicryexoticats.com

Don't! I am bereft of a cat for the first time in my life and desperately fighting the urge to get a kitten because, really, I am barely capable of meeting my responsibilities as it is...but, a cat is a very special creature and I am blessed to have known many.

Miss my boys...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Rue is said to be excellent, although I have not yet performed the Elemental Magic of Rue.

From what I have read it is simplier to simply inhale the smoke from the buring seeds, but it can be used with Phalaris for the more intense '___' 'experience', and I should imagine that this is what the original practices that are depicted in the book of the dead refer to. That is certainly what the earlier, circa 1248 BC papryus's indicate, and that would coincide with the rise of Thebes as the economic/trade centre for the 'Greater Meditereanean (which I have never been able to spell) area' and the emergence of social elitism, and the subsequent suppression of Free Will.

And I'm only somewhat familiar with the Eleusinian Mysteries specifically.

I know that Manly P. Hall and other Occult Masons have written about the Eleusinian Mysteries as well.

Much of the understanding of the Eleusians comes from the post-Enlightenment period and is therefore hopelessly awash with romaniticism when what was really taking place was an enormous ideological struggle. What is preserved, in terms of documentation, from the period, is bias, largely, to the status quo, to whom, such rites of passage were a threat. As any large congregation of like minded people is. The Eleusians themselves are recreations of Gnosis. As in, they are the means by which knowledge was transmitted to the Tribe. And, for the time that the Eleusians thrived, they were highly successful in assimilating other 'tribes' due to the commonality of 'core beliefs'. Perhaps that was the purpose. But at some point, however much they at one point served to balance the status quo, at some point it was considered that they were a threat, most likely because of the contradiction that they served to Christianity and other such man-centric type things.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I like cats as well. Although when we're dealing with more than one or two cats in one house at the same time, it can be a bit too much.

We don't have any cats right now, but I wouldn't mind having a Nile Cat, Fishing Cat, Chausie, Bengal, Caracat, Jungle, Jambi, Habari, Savannah, Serval, or Abyssinian kitten.

Originally posted by seeyounexttuesday
From what I have read it is simplier to simply inhale the smoke from the buring seeds, but it can be used with Phalaris for the more intense '___' 'experience', and I should imagine that this is what the original practices that are depicted in the book of the dead refer to. That is certainly what the earlier, circa 1248 BC papryus's indicate, and that would coincide with the rise of Thebes as the economic/trade centre for the 'Greater Meditereanean (which I have never been able to spell) area' and the emergence of social elitism, and the subsequent suppression of Free Will.

I would suggest, instead of smoking plants, that it would be much better to activate our atrophied glands (Pineal, Hypothalamus, etc.) through Yoga and Tantra practice, as to activate experiences related to '___' and other Mystical experiences. In the Gnostic tradition, it is taught that the Elemental Intelligences of plants can work for us without us having to smoke them. Smoke damages the lungs, and disrupts the flow of Vayu and Prana in our bodies.

Are you at all familiar with Blue Lotus and/or Blue Lily?

Anyway, the era of the Kali Yuga in which we now find ourselves, has I'm sure seen a gradual increase in social elitism since about 3,500 B.C.

Originally posted by seeyounexttuesday
Much of the understanding of the Eleusians comes from the post-Enlightenment period and is therefore hopelessly awash with romaniticism when what was really taking place was an enormous ideological struggle. What is preserved, in terms of documentation, from the period, is bias, largely, to the status quo, to whom, such rites of passage were a threat. As any large congregation of like minded people is. The Eleusians themselves are recreations of Gnosis. As in, they are the means by which knowledge was transmitted to the Tribe. And, for the time that the Eleusians thrived, they were highly successful in assimilating other 'tribes' due to the commonality of 'core beliefs'. Perhaps that was the purpose. But at some point, however much they at one point served to balance the status quo, at some point it was considered that they were a threat, most likely because of the contradiction that they served to Christianity and other such man-centric type things.

Interesting. Some have implied that the Matriarchal Mother Goddess Tantra traditions of the Dravidians, and other cultures, were usurped by the Patriarchal Vedic, Brahmin, and Hebrew cultures. However, I wouldn't say that Matriarchal and Patriarchal cultures are necessarily any better than one another. It's just that there are cycles where one dominates more than the other.

An example of that is quoted HERE.

Although the current prominence of the Patriarchal forces that we have seen dominating the planet for the last few thousand years, would be due to a much larger cycle than the ones of 42 + 42 years that are described in the above linked-post.

The two would have been more balanced during the Golden, Silver, and Copper Ages:

"Thus, for several thousand years after the wars of the Maha-barat ceased by the union of the Linga and Ioni, until the Christian æra, whence the system began to be lost, we hear of scarcely any religious wars."

- Godfrey Higgins

edit on 12-12-2010 by Tamahu because: edit

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join