It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We live in a system of numbers, but what do they mean?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I have been doing a lot of thinking lately and it has brought me to question the world in which we live. When you look at our world, everything to do with nature, has a mathematical equation. It seems to me that the world we live in is a system. But what does it mean? Why is everything so precise? It seems like the precision in which everything works is rigged, made up for our own satisfaction. Made up for us to believe it as truth. But what if it is all just a veil, covering some darker secret that has always been beyond out reach? As we know, science has come around and made breakthroughs time and time again, slowly unlocking mysteries of our world. I will give you some examples of what I am talking about. First of all the number 23.

The earth is tilted at 23 degrees, which gives us seasons.

In order to make a baby, 23 chromozones come from each parent.

It takes 23 seconds for blood to circulate through the human body.

23 is the first prime number in which both digits are prime numbers and add up to another prime number.

The days on which the signs of the Zodiac begin and end are the 22nd and 23rd of every month.

July 23rd are the Sumerian and Egyptian New Years

There are 2,300 stones comprising the Great Pyramid.

There are 23 letters in the latin alphabet.

Those are just a few examples of the number 23 and how it affects this world. Is it all coincidence? How about this.
The cycle of the moon is roughly 29.5 days long, which is the same length of a woman's cycle. The moon has always been seen as feminine because of this. The moon also influences our tides and so on.

Then there is the food chain. Every single animal, every single living thing on this planet has a purpose. They are all equally important as the next, for if one goes missing survivial would be in jeopardy for all the rest. The only thing on the entire food chain that doesn't make any sense, is humans. The world would thrive without us. So why are we here? Are we meant to destroy nature?

When you look into human history, everything goes blank. We have no idea where we came from, we have no idea how we got here. There are ancient cities surrounding the entire planet, that we know nothing about. We still can't figure out how the pyramids were built, we still can't figure out why stonehenge is there, or even how long it's been there. Many other ancient ruins that make no sense, some which seem to be made with tools far too advanced for their time. There are underwater cities still being discovered, some so old that it bring them to question everything they thought they knew. it is as if we are not meant to know anything about our history... But what is the big secret? Who is holding that secret? Is our world real? Are we actually living in the matrix, waiting to wake up? Is it that far fetched? There are so many gaps in human history, we don't even really know what happened in the time of christ, so much controversy, what is the truth? That was only 2000 years ago, and its as distorted as you can get. It is obvious to me, that someone out there is sabotaging the real information. Gets your facts first, then distort them as you please, is a very truthful quote by Mark Twain.

So what have we learned here? We live in a world which has no real history, which is so mathematically precise, that it's a perfect system. In which humans have no real purpose in being here, when everything else does. There are many things I haven't even mentioned reguarding math. Such as the golden ratio.

This is a universal number that applies to pretty much everything. Mathematics has studied this number for a long time. You can learn about it here.
en.wikipedia.org...

Everything on earth, and in the universe is a cycle. A constant renewal, to keep everything moving without any errors. Precise down to the tiniest fraction. Even the sun has cycles from solar maximum to solar minimum every 11 years. Even the way we view the stars has a cycle, it is called two things, the zodiac, as we move through the constellations, which takes 26,000 years to complete. And the precessions of the equinoxes, which works in conjunction with the 23 degree tilt of the earth. The zodiac would not exist without the 23 degree tilt. But my question is, why does the zodiac exist, even with the tilt. Why is it so important? Why do we have ages, and constellations? Why did all the ancient civilizations in our past, have records of the exact same thing, even when they had no contact with each other? The zodiac is one of the only things that every single civilization has in common with each other. But again, that information is buried in our past. The origin of the zodiac, kept a secret, but by whom? The masons? Something is not right with this world. We are kept wondering the answers to age old questions, when all of the answers are already in our history. The world and universe are not what they seem, but we can't never prove that because the answers are locked away somewhere. It is impossible for those answers to be lost in history, someone, somewhere, is hiding it. is there a cycle in which there will be disclosure? Is the year 2012 important? When you look at the georgia guidestones, and denver airport, and all the other masonic crap you see these days, it certainly does seem like they are getting ready to tell whatever secrets they hold. Time will tell.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
some very interesting points. i think its why i have no interest in the existing system any more, i feel completely detached with no real direction to put my energy in. my fingers are firmly crossed we get some answers one way or another!!

Apocalypse (Greek: Ἀποκάλυψις Apokálypsis; "lifting of the veil" or "revelation") is a disclosure of something hidden from the majority of mankind in an era dominated by falsehood and misconception, i.e. the veil to be lifted. The term also can refer to the eschatological final battle, the Armageddon, and the idea of an end of the world. These perceptions may better be related to the phrase apokalupsis eschaton, literally "revelation at [or of] the end of the æon, or age".

i friggin hope so!!

you might like this- Ancient Mystery School Mathematics (Part 1 of 4)- www.youtube.com... (the sound quality is proper #e, you'll need a pair of headphones to listen).

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Thank you for thread, as it was an interesting read and an enjoyable one too. Philosphy, the chewing gum for the mind!

As far as the number 23 popping up in "this world", many of those instances were not due to nature outside of human behavior. For example, the 23 letters in the latin alphabet and the way we measure time, just to name a couple. In other words, this number pops up due to man's hand, not "god's" hand (whomever or whatever you deem "god" to be).

When we subtract what humans have measured instead of what nature has measured, we come up with far less instances, thus being more likely coincidences or do to the universe's entropic nature.

As far as things like the cycle of the moon and the cycle of a woman, these two could be directly related. We know that the moon influences many things here on this planet, so why would it be so hard to imagine that it could or would influence body functions, particularly with women's cycle?

For instance, we know that the moon cycles play an important role with some life here on earth, particularly coral in the shallow sea. It's not a stretch to imagine the same thing happening with humans. Without the moon, life here wouldn't be possible.

All in all, life and nature adapts according to its environment variables and different aspects of our universe directly influence the other aspects.

As far as the food chain, you say that humans are the only ones without a purpose. What about lions? What purpose do lions have in the food chain, as we know it? Humans are the top of their food chain, just as lions are too.

You could easily argue that a lion's purpose is to ensure that the populations of certain game animals don't get out of hand, but couldn't you say the same for humans? What if the purpose of humans is to do the same, only on a much larger scale? What if our purpose was the exact same a lion's, though due to an imbalance, it has gotten out of hand and we now threaten the planet?

Well, we could use lions as an example again. What if lions evolved and got out of hand, thus killing off all of the game? Would nature not correct itself by eliminating lions? Sure, many lions would go hungry, as there wouldn't be enough food, eventually evening things out again. The same could be true with humans. Lets look at it on a much larger scale. Because humans got of control and we now threaten the planet, nature might just extinguish us so that it can even things out again by starting over.

In the end, there doesn't have to be a "plan". It could just be an existence and the variables of the universe have just evolved through the influences that shape them. In other words, things could be how they are, just because they are that way, with no significance to them at all. Really, we simply don't know nearly enough about our universe or our direct environment to be able to answer your question accurately. Things could just be how they are.

Sure, we could describe things with math and we can even test possibilities or realities through calculations, but it is only the constants and numbers created by the universe that can be compared with any significance to each other. Those are the coincidences that "god" has created, not man.

So, my answer in short, is that things could be the way that they are, simply because they are and with no specific reason at all. It could all just exist with no higher meaning, other than existence itself.

Some people argue that the human brain isn't capable of understanding the vastness and intricacies of the universe, just as a dog's brain can't comprehend the English language. We simply don't have enough information to explain the world and universe around us and even if we did, there is nothing to suggest that we would be able to make sense of it.

--airspoon

p.s. I use the word "god" only to explain the unknown influence of the universe. Some may believe that he is a guy in white robes, while others believe it to be mother nature. Still, some believe "god" to be the universe itself or the energy that drives it. "God" is just meant to name the creater or mysterious influence of the universe, whatever you believe it to be.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
If any of you wish to learn about the hitherto never disclosed sacred nature of number and its relation to sacred geometries of the world's religions, to superstring theory, the seven musical scales, the human skeleton, human RNA and other natural systems, study the research articles and material at

smphillips.8m.com...

This is probably the most amazing website of its kind on the internet. All the research is original - you will not see any of its material elsewhere. For example, Article 50 reveals how the Fibonacci numbers are embedded in various sacred geometries and Article 50 explains how these numbers are related to the sequence of notes in the Pythagorean musical scale in a very remarkable way. See the wonderful arithmetic, harmonic and geometric proportions of the notes of this scale at:
smphillips.8m.com...

I have spent three months studying this website and have not got through it yet!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
A lot of it has to do with the way spheres stack three dimensionally.
The same way that circles stack like hexagons in a honeycomb; spheres behave like truncated octahedra, or rhombic dodecahedrons.

ie. A hexagon has 6 others around it, 1+6 = 7, each of the six in that shell adds 2 (2x6 = 12), 7+12 = 19 etc. Most of these numbers are significant to numerologists, I presume.

Likewise, a dodecahedron stacks with 12 others around it, 1+12 = 13; Six around its equator, with three above, and three below.

Because these numbers exist for the fundamental building blocks of our Universe (eg. Carbon-12), and architects have been extremely interested in them for their application in large buildings for thousands of years, we see them over represented in our everyday experience.

"of"

new topics

top topics

join