One Economic Chart That You Should Permanently Burn Into Your Memory...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Atom12

It's not JUST Obama. It's our Governmental system in General. I'm not defending Obama, and I swear if someone says I'm Racism Being as they don't even know what race I am!! I'm gonna lose it!) but they system allows for abuses like this. WE allow them, thats the issue WE the people haven't the will to stand up and stop this.
Half of whats stopping us now IS race though. So many people are afraid of this "Impending" race war that they won't actually do anything. In my opinion they should be a law disallowing any organization with a racial basis to even SPEAK in public. NAACP, KKK, AAU(Arab Americans Union), ANY OF THEM. Obama is about as interested in Black America as Strom Therman was. All for him self and his friends. To Hell with race we are AMERICANS!! MLK Preached for a COLOR BLIND society lets actually GET there. Lets stop BET, Ebony, and all this black culture crap!! The white man is no longer enslaving the black man. the Black man is keep himself down because it is popular to be from the hood, and "Thug out". I'm not talking about Rap, Music is only an outlet for social conditions. It's the people who propagate this life that are to blame. Jesse Jackson, Rev Wright, All the rest of these Black Slave masters, Get off your pulpit and shut your mouths.
We as AMERICANS need to stop this, and soon....

BTW I am a Black man, just for perspective.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by __rich__
If I owe you 10 grand, I have a problem.

If I owe you 10 million, YOU have a problem.

So, the USA owes Japan and China a few trillion.

THEY have the problem.

That's what I say!

Maybe someone can answer this for me. How does a family of five life change if we actually pay off the debt? What benefit will that family of five seen once the debt is paid off?

I kind of think like Reagan....deficits don't matter....to us! It matters to other people.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Good post OP . I believe that this didn't start in 2008 . I believe that it hasn't even started yet . There is far more to come . This is a deliberate crash built on realestate .Not just the American Subprime . Many coutries had similar home buyer schemes including Australia , New Zealand ,US and the UK all at the same time . This is not a coincidence .It was not greed that had banks lending to people who could not service their loans . It is a far greater plan and agenda .

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

I'm all for resetting the clock. If that's what they are doing.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Looks like a huge bearish head and shoulders formation is being formed. 1933 was the left shoulder and we are now forming the head. 2003 marks the year since 1933, or 70 years later, where the debt records were exceeded relative to GNP.

If I am not mistaken, 1933 was also the year of social security by the democratic administration. The time frame is close to the citizen gold confiscation by Roosevelt.

It is interesting to see when we moved off of the gold standard in the early 1970s.

The dilution of currency has not stopped yet. We will soon find out how much money we can issue. My guess would be around 2014 where the peak of the head apex will be formed.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I think the one question everyone seems to fail to ask is why? The people in power are obviously very well educated and can read a chart as well or better than any of us can. If we are headed where all the data appears to show we are headed, what do the "haves" stand to gain?

Long story short I work in a finance industry where I view peoples credit history on a daily basis. I see what all there expenditures are every month and how much money they bring home. When I first started this job, in 2004, I noticed an unsettling trend. People consistently had mortgages that were in excess of their income. I knew in my mind there was no way banks could continue allowing this and further more why were they allowing it. Flash to 2007. Meltdown.

You can't tell me these analysts that are paid hundreds of thousands to review this stuff didnt see it coming. Furthermore, its like the bankrupting of America is being rubbed in our face. Why? What is the end game? This whole thing has been orchestrated obviously for what?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
....also...

It is important to note that as long as GNP increases relative to debt, the ratio could be lowered, even if we keep increasing debt and currency.

In other words, if we were about to grow domestic revenues through production or efficiency, the ratio could be reversed.

This may come in the form of intellectual sales or the lack or piracy of intellectual property.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I was fantasizing about how to save the country from the debt. From a pure business standpoint here are the suggested steps to save the union.

1) Shut down our world police force & bring everyone home. This includes all military bases on foreign shores. This should save $500 billion per year. Redeploy on the borders & issue a warning that should we be attacked, whoever is responsible will be given 24 hr notice before we melt their capital city. For the Jihadist if proven responsible, we can eliminate the need for the Hadj as the rock will be vaporized and we’ll send the Rock to them.
2) If there is a worldwide disaster, earthquake, tsunami, hurricane, famine, plague etc, we’ll be more than happy to help just as soon as the check clears the bank. The world hates us and only likes us when we show up with the check book. Well we understand and don’t want to interfere any longer, unless with a written invitation accompanied by a check.
3) The UN is gone. Despite the fact that we financially back a forum for anti-American rants and attacks by every third world tin pot dictator, the UN is now talking about changing currency. I think it’s a great idea. You won’t take our money then we are out. The UN building I’m sure could be put to better use. Savings of at least $10 billion per year.
4) End war on drugs and solve crime problems. At least $50 billion per year. We can start dismantling the police state. Do away with DEA, legalize and tax, keep prices about the same, break the drug cartels. The economics is gone and generate $5-10 billion a year in income. Indirect savings by releasing about 70% of the prison population.
5) Shut down Departments of Energy, Education, EPA, HUD, Labor, commerce, transportation and agriculture. $500 billion. Sorry can’t afford any longer.
6) Change tax system to national sales tax and do away with income tax over 5 years. In five years shut down IRS, should save $50 billion and increase take $100 billion to treasury by eliminating fraud and government social engineering.
7) Sell Federal Lands. Should generate another $50 billion.
8) Shut down the Federal Reserve Bank and issue new currency under Treasury department. Honor debt payments to everyone except debt holdings of the Federal Reserve. Make no payments until Fed discloses who they are. As soon as we know who they are, then begin repayment plan only out of 10% of budget surplus payable to principal only. If we find out it’s just our own money they have lent us then declare debt null and void. Should reduce budget at least $200 billion annually and may eliminate substantial amount of debt.
9) Need to fix energy problem, sorry but we need to encourage domestic supply, therefore a 20% tax on imported energy. Adds about $100 billion per year in federal income.
10) Increase funding to state department to take over international finance. $1,000 billion. Play the game to encourage domestic business like the rest of the world. If you want to build something that requires financing it would behoove you to select an American company if you want the loan.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Our GDP, is a joke.

Our debt, is insane.

economics.about.com...

I would not take this article, as gospel, about how our trade deficit effects everything.

you cannot even attempt, to convince me FORD, and GMC, is leading the way in our exports right now.

our GDP is based mainly off of service right now. Everything else we are consuming or using in our homes, work, or wherever is a import. INCLUDING YOUR FOOD..

I would say at least 80 percent, of items. Heck look at your clothes, and shoes..

Where is it made??

When the system, fails or collapses, it will be a complete.. I mean complete suprise, when our rights are taken because of it, or, or whatever new idea, will arrise to make us work for food, or what have you, you will do it, just as you are now.

Also, do you people really think we ever fixed the crash in the 30's? That anamaly is still in the system.. It cannot be fixed.. More people are not producing or working to reflect our GDP, now how can anyone in their right mind tell me it is improving?

I am not rooting for something to happen bad, but I know math, we have been trying to solve this question for a long time now. The last answer we gave it was war.

That answer was wrong obviously.. Because here we are again.

s&F good article, and worth my time to post..

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Bicent76]

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Bicent76]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I don't think it takes a rocket scientist,or a economic major, a picture is worth a thousand words ,in this case, this picture, is worth a hella of a lot more.
www.usdebtclock.org...
I am still trying to figure out how a workforce of 138 million can sustain almost 310 million U.S citizens. The Math doesn't seem to be working for the US. I personally don't think it ever will. And if this is any indication of the rest of the state of affairs of the rest of the world,it seems to me,historically the only way to get out of the mess, like before, is genocide. The tools in which we achieve it matters not. We have seen it before WWI,WWII. WE all know whats coming. The Titanic is sinking!!! and there are not enough lifeboats. Mister

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean

THEY have the problem.

That's what I say!

Maybe someone can answer this for me. How does a family of five life change if we actually pay off the debt? What benefit will that family of five seen once the debt is paid off?

I kind of think like Reagan....deficits don't matter....to us! It matters to other people.

As long as we have food, clothing, and shelter, the rest are just numbers.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
What I wanna know is, why don't the 99.99% realize this? I mean I understand, it's the poor nutrition, programming, fluoride, and other toxic substances in our environment. The general feeling of apathy is clearly manufactured. Some of these things (I would hope) are just too blatant to ignore, even for the best trained sheep.

Keep takin your drugs, America

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean

THEY have the problem.

That's what I say!

Well - deficits don't matter until they do. They don't matter till people are no longer willing to lend the US government money - than it damn well matters to every American citizen. By the way if you pay close attention you would know that time is coming very soon.

Think about it as if the government is like a person. A person can continue to avoid bankruptcy as long as they keep getting new credit card offers in the mail. When that stops they have no choice but to declare bankruptcy - and some debts still aren't wiped out and your check gets garnished. For the government these kind of debts are to their way of thinking anyway - national defense - and funding for themselves. The debt that will get wiped out is anything that supports the citizens - welfare, unemployment, social security, medicare and medicaid.

What I guess you don't understand is the government cannot get any more money loaned - they have two choices - print money like crazy and destroy the dollar, and our entire economy, or stop spending more than they are taking in.

If they print like crazy with no backing - lending will stop immediately because only a fool would lend money when they don't know if it will be devalued by half over night through inflation. Without lending the economy dies - because literally almost all economic growth comes from it and as the saying goes it takes money to make money.

If they stop spending more than they take in - that basically means they will have to drastically cut or eliminate spending on welfare, unemployment, social security, medicare and medicaid.

If you are young, single, have a recession proof job, are in good health and have no old relatives you need to support, have lots of food stored, and know how to protect yourself, then maybe you will not be affected - but that is a pretty small portion of the population. I guarantee the portion that is affected will not be happy and may very well make life difficult for everyone else.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by proximo]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
It's threads like these that make me want to turtle up and care about how poor Lindsey Lohan's going to cope with her prison term. Gosh, the poor little thing anyway.

Human beings by their very nature avoid discomfort. That is why corruption is so natural - stealing a dollar is easier than earning it. Laws of least resistance apply everywhere -- not just physics.

It makes sense, naturally, that the "Horror" of these figures would drive people away from the discomfort of realizing how invested in death and destruction the Unite States is, into to caring about silly things like the two fluff-ball non-news celebrities mentioned in the OP.

$3.3 trillion dollars in the last decade was spent on the refinement of impunity in which we may kill other human beings. Maybe even some of our own???

Is it a wonder why LeBron (or whatever the hell is name is) is smeared all over the 6 o'clock news?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
It is the most "educated" portion of the masses that are the most deceived.

I have been part of the discussion in other threads, not just speaking about the economy, but more specifically about "gold".

What do you find? People bragging about how educated they are, they have a "finance degree" (wow!), and so they can tell you, that GOLD is what is now in a "bubble"...Sheesh.

And yet, they will ignore the most obvious. The PAPER exploding out of the Fed like there's no tomorrow. THAT is what continues to be the engine of every stinking "bubble" that has emerged, since they were handed the enormous power to produce "money", out of thin air.

What we need today is the small child, who will simply say, "The King is naked..." Perhaps then, we shall also see what even a child could see, that the King wears no clothes.

But for the most part, we don't see. For one reason or the other, this "long con" does seem to be working. As the OP points out, people prefer to focus on many other things, but please don't irritate them with reality! Ah, such has it ever been, since the ancient days of Rome, when they figured out that all the populace cared about was "bread and circuses".

Perhaps we can use an alarming "image" to get the message across. Glen Beck's "hockey stick". Google it, or check the YouTube snips of his famous presentation. It is absolutely shocking. He presents, in graphic form, the completely insane expansion of the money supply.

For those too lazy to go out and see it, here's a Reader's Digest version. He starts out with this line on a chart. Pretty "flat" really. You're thinking, so what? The long, mostly flat, but perhaps slightly rising line, goes on, decade, after decade, a representation of the history of the growth in money supply. Beck has his pointer in his hand. He is leading up to some theatrics. When he gets to the Bush Administration, things heat up. Apparently, a couple of CENTURIES of the money supply are NOTHING, compared to what they have done, and are doing, today. And so, he gets to this final decade...

He then gets on a scissor-lift (!), and has it go up a story, as the flat line, goes completely vertical, going straight up into the sky! This is his "hockey stick", and it puts this whole mess into serious perspective.

As John Exter said, we are now in unprecedented times. Never before has there been anything like this. It is on a GLOBAL scale. When this big-ass balloon finally comes down, it could be like a hydrogen bomb going off.

And so, what to do? Many are looking to the past, and realize that precious metals may hold the answer. In a nutshell, if you want to survive this biggest fraud in history that is fiat currency, with the US Dollar being the lynch-pin, then you need to get off the dollar-boat. For 6,000 years, gold, and silver have served humanity quite well in this regard. Maybe it's time to check into it?

JR

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
It sure looks like a "grand" plan to drain all the possible resources out of every living thing on this planet.
Dont know if there is any people out there, who still think this is a "conspiracy theory"

Just had to add this:
World Collapse Explained in 3 Minutes.
www.youtube.com...
Its looking more and more like a world wide depression is unfolding.

Edit: fixing embed to link instead

[edit on 25-7-2010 by BBC The1]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by billyjack

7) Sell Federal Lands. Should generate another $50 billion.

Strongly disagree on this one. If we don't protect and conserve something from the ravages of developers and industry, nothing will be left. What do you think would happened if we hadn't had the likes of Roosevelt and others to conserve these lands in the first place? Hint: There would be NOTHING left - capitalism run totally amuck!

[edit on 25-7-2010 by whatsup]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

Focusing on the negative will not change your life or the state of America.

So, what's the point of this? Make you feel hopeless even more than you already probably do?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Consider this burned and locked into memory. Thank you for the wonderful information you have brought to us here. ^_^ S+F

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Debt and debt to gdp is not any kind of indicator for recession/depression .. its not an indicator to economic preformance or anything... it simply is was it is. Really its technically only really concerning when its above 1000% of gdp (for instance, ireland is at 800%)

Funny that this thread got all the stars and flags, when people post truly frighteninng news every day.. people see "debt" and freak out........

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join