It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost invisible mirrored tree house built in Sweden

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Yeah cool concept
unless the glass is shatterproof
Bad Idea

this video shows 3M has shatterproof glass
from nanoparticle film. This video shows a bomb
going off and the glass still doesn't break

Add the security film AND the bird film
and you have it knocked. Just a matter of
planning ahead when building it.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Those who live in glass houses...

Pray there is no hail storm

[edit on 25-7-2010 by LiquidMirage]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
a mirror will reflect anything, so if your walking near the area you would notice the strange movements on the mirror matching your movement.

No, not really.
The tree house is elevated some 15 to 20 feet
in the air. If you see your reflection then you're
gonna have to be flying or either directly underneath it.
Got wings ??? lol

[edit on 25-7-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage
Pray there is no hail storm

see the video posted above.
Security film from 3M can withstand
a bomb blast. I don't think hail would
have any impact at all

It's all a matter of how you design
and build it.

We have the technology

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
all seems good, bullet proof mirror, bird awareness, safety net all around and a big signboard below the tree for the loggers

...and suddenly a lightning strike the tree...think marshmallow on a camping trip..or shish kebab..

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I think it is a horrible idea, i mean it looks cool but that is about it. Think aboutit, basic survival 101. If you are lost you can use something shinny smaller than your hand to get the attention of a plane. When the sun hits that thing (like the 12 hour period of daylight) it will be reflecting light off of it and lighting some area up bringing even more attention to it. Anything overhead like plane or helicopter will see a giant blue spot in the forrest or a blinding ball of light. You would be better off building something out of regular wood instead of that disco ball.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Interesting concept for sure, but the idea for a SHTF hideout is at best a temporary location until you can get to a more permanent one.

You mentioned that in a flash flood the shelter would be a safe place, but this would not necessarily be so. The water would soften the ground in which the roots hold the tree in place, and the extra weight would help in uprooting the tree causing the shelter to come crashing to the ground, or in the flood waters, depending how wide and deep the waters are.

I don’t think there is any 100 % natural disaster safe man made shelter, others may disagree, but this is what I have seen thus far. You can build a fire resistant shelter, but that same shelter might not withstand a hurricane or a tornado, or even a flood, and even some fires may still rage the place, same goes for every mad made natural disaster resistant shelter. They can never be 100 % safe from all disasters.

Even natural shelters have their flaws, even a cave can be flooded, and depending on what you take in with you can have fires burn them out.

The best you can do in a SHTF scenario is make it to a new location that is as far off the grid as possible and don’t worry whether or not it is natural disaster resistant.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
some updated pics
and construction pics

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I love how some people are still asking about birds.

Read the thread!

Anyways, a mirrored hideout? I don't think so. Mirrors are used as signaling devices for a reason. You'd be better off with camouflage. Modern camouflage does, in fact, blend in with its surroundings. Do a Google Image Search on "multicam" for an idea of how well it can accomplish that feat.

This isn't a survival shelter. It is designed to be some fancy Swiss artistic hotel idea to trick yuppies into spending 600 dollars a night to stay in a room slightly bigger than a jail cell.

And no, despite what the perfectly orchestrated photographs show, it probably does not blend in at all 99% of the time. When's the last time you had trouble finding your bathroom mirror?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join