It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911--What's YOUR Story?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
I had to call 911 two nights ago from my job. I thought the officers who arrived were calm, they handled the arrest of the perp on the property without violence or incident.

That's funny! I see how you did it. I didn't, until you came back and posted. I thought you'd just commented on the wrong thread....which I have done.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I was around 9 years old when this happened. And I barely remember it really. I remember faint images of the planes hitting the WTC and people running. But that was about it. I do not think I truly understood what happened until a lot later. But I was in school when it happened, they turned on the TV and showed us what had transpired. Very scary indeed. The school later on let out for safety reasons and that was about it. Now I can completely understand what happened and it is truly shocking the magnitude this terror attack had.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Many adults were thrown into a world of confusion over this....as I was, who knew very little about "world politics" at the time.

U.S. politics I knew....but not the political environment of a more global community.

Children really needed supportive adults around at that time. For those of you who were children on that date, who have posted here, it seems most of you had it.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I was in British Columbia Canada...i was on a break from work and i was talking to a friend Red Mandingo in a Chatroom in Yahoo...he was in voice chat and he lived near the towers.

There was a bunch of us in the room and we are all friends....next thing you knows he says OMG!.

There was something that has happened at the towers as he could see them from his house....

he said BRB but we could hear the sounds over his mic....in a fews secs he comes back and says there were people running everywhere.

then he said i have to go got to let some people into the house as they need a place to take cover...

then after a little while we start hearing all the news coming in and start listening as the events start to filter through the net and we find out is was a plane.

Then he comes back and says holy F*£($*£ S*£& another one has hit ,,,i have to go and i need to help some people out got to go Sorry.

well at that point like millions of other people around the world we all become glued to the tele..

we all chat in the room and we all try to get live feeds as much as possible.

and of course it leads to this day and era we are in now....where we live in a world of total mistrust and deception from all sides of the puzzle with everyone now having their own political agendas

But look on the brightside.....it gives goverments all over the world to clamp down on the citizenry with justifiable cause so that soon we will all be under the control of one world goverment whatever form that might take....and hey....we wont have the freedoms to share our views as we do now...so enjoy this while we can.

Oh Right i said the brightside.....our human will, shall set us free....and through this we will learn to ovcome those whom wish to keep us as slaves.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
When I heard of the timing I thought: isn't there an official practice drill for just this scenario going on today? When I saw the first plane hit I thought: AWACS with remote control. When I saw the second plane hit I thought: too much coordination for an amateur group of any description. When I saw the map-based commentary of where they'd flown from I thought: someone must have stood the defensive jets down using the practice drill as a cover. When I saw the little explosions going off all the way down each building I thought: that took some serious planning. When I saw the empty space where the buildings had been I thought: that's saved the owner a lot of money in view of the asbestos-related demolition problem. When I saw the smouldering wreck I thought: thermite. When I saw the BBC announce building seven had collapsed I saw it still standing in the background, behind the reporter's shoulder. When it did actually come down, some time later, I thought what about all those Exxon prosecution documents. When I saw the pictures of the Pentagon with a hole in it I thought: there's no plane on the floor, and I wonder what the CCTV from across the road will show: a plane or a rocket. When I saw TV pictures of the hole in the ground made by the third plane I thought: that's too small for a plane; where is it anyway. When I saw the TV pics of the men pinpointed as guilty of these crimes I thought: I bet all those dead terrorists are actually still alive in other parts of the world. When I heard about the official enquiry I thought: a more incestuous group of obfuscators you could not wish to meet. When I saw Bush asked about what he thought of those who said he'd known about it beforehand I thought 'I've never seen the man look so uncomfortable before'.

I just get these hunches, it seems.

But when I heard about the Trilateral Commission report dating from a few years previously, saying that they wouldn't be able to achieve their foreign policy aims without another event like Pearl Harbour I thought: nah, it must all just be a coincidence.

Needless to say it was a day I have never forgotten.

Maybe one day they'll find the perpetrators.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I was in school training for a particular job when our class was interrupted by the school administrator. Our instructor then turned the TV on in our classroom and it was after both planes had already hit the towers. We watched for about 45 minutes and saw one tower collapse. Then he shut the TV off and said that class had to continue but would turn it back on during break time.

I was a smoker back then, so at break I went out to my car to smoke and listen to what was happening on my car radio and other smokers were huddled around my car listening to what was happening. We were all in shock and disbelief at the events that were transpiring.

I was glued to my TV after class and was glued to it every single day until they stopped the 24-hour broadcasting of what was happening in NYC.

I never payed attention to politics or the news back then because I was younger and that stuff didn't interest me. 9/11 changed all of that and brought me 180-degrees.

I fell for the official version of what happened on 9/11 just like most everyone else did. After 9/11, I was a Bush supporter and supported everything he did and was doing. I was under the spell for a few years until someone on a forum started talking about alternate theories about what happened on 9/11 and posted a link to the Loose Change 2E video.

That caused me to spend an unprecedented amount of time researching the claims in the movie and ultimately discovering that we were lied to about what happened on 9/11 and that the evidence does not support what we were lead to believe.

Thank you, ladyinwaiting, for this topic. It is interesting to hear other peoples' stories about where they were and what they were doing as the news was coming out about what was happening in NYC.

And thank you to those that have told their stories. We will never forget 9/11.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I fell for the official version of what happened on 9/11 just like most everyone else did. After 9/11, I was a Bush supporter and supported everything he did and was doing. I was under the spell for a few years until someone on a forum started talking about alternate theories about what happened on 9/11 and posted a link to the Loose Change 2E video.

Interesting account. I was not a Bush supporter. But after 911, I wanted him to talk to us. I had never wanted to see him before, but now I did.
I think I wanted to be reassured, or comforted in some way. But after his speech was set to air, I was doing a count-down on the minutes to hear him. I think I even cried during the delivery. (Of course I cried quite often for several weeks, if the truth be told).

Something else unusual happened. I experienced patriotism as an emotion. That had never happened before. On 9-12 people had flags on their car windows, like the football team flags, and men and women were wearing flag pins and such, so I suspected I wasn't the only one. But it was quite...different.

Of course, it wasn't long until we were met with "Bring 'em on", and all that, and my feelings quickly returned to my normal disdain.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

I'm shocked! Such an analytical brain you kept throughout all this!
No emotions at all, Pause? No fear, no anger?

eta: Okay, sorrow. I know you felt sorrow.

[edit on 7/25/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Great topic, I keep coming back to read everybody's accounts of what it was like for them. I hope more people keep posting and telling their stories.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Thank you. I enjoyed hearing forum moderators tell their stories on ATS Live Saturday night, and thought we might do the same here.

One of the moderators even wrote me after I put this up, telling me he hopes more people will give their personal stories. He thought it would be nice to have a "collective" description of what happened to all of us on that day, and so do I.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

If there were enough replies, I think it would make a great book. Thanks again for this topic

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Agreed. I also hope this thread doesn't get bombarded with trolls. Maybe this thread should be stickied at some point?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

That would be nice. I would also invite any of the Mods who told their stories on ATS LIVE Saturday night, to repeat them here, if they would like. Some people might have missed it, or can't listen to the recorded
show.

They told some interesting and touching personal accounts of the day.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I was the same way when it came to politics I never took a real interest either. It was not until two years later someone asked me to rent the video of Michael Moor documentary called 911 Fahrenheit.

I am not a fan of Michael Moor, but I thought it would not hurt to hear what he had to say.

What got my curiosity going after viewing Michael Moor film was the questions that Moor had asked. He talked about the silence in our government and the Bush administration when it came to discussing anything regarding 911. Moor tried to interview some of the members from the Bush administration with his video crew and I was shocked to how rude members in our government treated Moor just for asking questions. This of course set up some red flags for me, I felt the Bush administration was hiding something, naturally I had no idea what it was, but felt it was something big. Several years later in my research I realized I was I right.

I had no idea how ignorant and asleep I was of until I went down the 911 rabbit hole, and talk about an “awaking.” The more documents I continue to uncover and the many scientific Journals that were coming out, proving something entirely different from the government OS, the more I felt betrayed. I was shocked and angry.

I even tried to prove the OS true; however, there was no real evidence to support it. After years of research just into 911, my entire view of the world had changed. My life changed and I view the world of politics very different today. I learned that things are not what they appear to be. I became aware that it was mostly money that drove people to do some of the most deplorable, unconscionable things, including murder and it was shocking to me at first when I kept reading more documents that certain members high up in the echelons of our government were responsible for many events, and were not being held accountable.

To think that some powerful people in our government could have been involved in helping to pull off 911 was hard to swallow, even for me. However, there is no denying it, when you have seen enough circumstantial evidence that supports it.

One must ask ourselves, why is there so few answers to the greatest terror attack on America soil (911) and why so little money was spent on investigating the events of 911 and the end results gave us no answers. All we got for answers were excuses and some reports that were mostly proven false.

The majority of the American people know that they have been deceived about the events of 911 and now do not trust our government. People are not stupid as our government apparently thinks we are. With all the secrecy in the last two administrations from concealing the evidence of 911, to their deafening silence of the matter, one does not need to be a rocket scientist to know we are being deceived.
I think back to the days of 911 and what I know today, and realize it has been a continuing learning process that continues today.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by impressme]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

The patriotism you mentioned, it was emotional. I too saw flags everywhere, we went out to get one, and there weren't any left! It was such an issue that the local paper printed a special flag in the paper for everyone, and gave them out to houses that didn't even get papers delivered so everyone could show their american spirit!

It felt like when we had a blizzard here, how the whole town came together and helped each other make it though, only on 9/11 it was a nation. It was a time of reflection, realizing that no matter what religious differences or racial differences or whatever exsisted in the US, we are all Americans, and I for one believe we will stand steadfastly, side by side, if the need be.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I was vacuuming my living room carpet when I heard the phone ring. I turned the vacuum cleaner off, answered the phone and heard my best friend scream that the United States is going to war. This was before the second plane had hit. How she knew that this was a terrorist attack before the second plane hit is something that we have never discussed. I immediately ran to the television and tuned in to CNN. A few minutes later I saw the second plane hit. I saw the buildings collapse. Recalling this moment is still raw, still painful. I really don't like going back to those memories. This was my awakening. After seeing President Bush's reaction to the news (I am sure it was old news to him), every fiber of my being knew that we would never know the truth about what really happened that day. That day was the beginning of the end for the U.S. So many lies. So much deception.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I was in the back garden with my baby, telling a visiting friend about the day before when I was scared by a small plane that was joy-riding over our street. I'd been terrified at one point because he was only about 50 feet off the ground and was heading straight at me and I thought for a second I was going to die. I'd called the police. This was an unusual event, planes don't do that where I live.

During this conversation my partner came home from the garage and says "The world trade centre's been hit by a plane, it's all over the radio." We went inside and put the TV on and saw all this carnage and soon after we watched the other plane hit tower two, then we knew this was no accident.

I remember the strange way we all stood way back from the TV. I was very upset for the people I knew were in those buildings above where the planes hit. I tried not to speak because I'd have started crying. When the towers fell I knew instantly there was going to be a paradigm shift.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by wigit]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Thought I would give this thread one "last hurrah", before I let it go.
I very much enjoyed your stories, and thanks so much to you for posting them.

This is essentially our "what were you doing when you learned Kennedy had been shot" story, so if you are so inclined, tell us what you were doing, and what happened to you on the day you learned the WTC's had been attacked.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

At that time, I was working the night shift.
I was eating my breakfast and watching an
E.R. rerun on TV.My mom called just as the
news interrupted the broadcast.
A few weeks later,I met my future husband.
We got married in summer of 2002.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I was in Virginia working as an extra in a Hollywood movie (don't ask which one, it was exceptionally stinky). I was waiting with my mates off camera for the scene I needed be in when a stage hand came by tellign us that the World Trade Center was attacked by terrorists and it was destroyed. At the time I thought, "Yeah, right, and UFOs are landing in my back yard, too".

Shortly afterwards they called a halt to the filming, gathered everyone in the center of the set, and announced they were calling a halt to the filming becuase there was a terrorist attack and they were going to disscuss with their head office in California to decide what to do. In the meantime, all cast and crew who were members of the National Guard were authorized to leave and report to their bases. When I saw all these Hollywood people (including a few movie starts you probably have heard of) standing completely stunned, and hordes of people yammering in their cell phones running to their cars, that's when I knew it was for real.

I didn't know at the time that we were close to an air base, becuase that night there was a steady stream of C-130 planes flying overhead heading for somewhere. One guy who was with us was so upset, he was openly saying he was going to get his 9mm and shoot the first muslim he saw (let's face it, everyone knew right away it was an attack by Islamic terrorists, we didn't have to be told by anyone) and the rest of us spent the rest of the evening trying to convince him not to do it. It felt like we were trying to defuse a bomb.

Going back home, I had to take a long detour around NYC becuase they had closed the entire city down for the better part of a week. By the time I got back home, the broadcasting companies had already put a moritorium on the footage of the plane collision and the collapse, so I didn't get to see what everyone else had seen for a good two years.

It was not a good day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join