It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S Korea-US military exercise begins in the Sea of Japan

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
unless NK wants to get dominated, why would they do anything?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
From the BBC:

All day, F18 fighter jets have been taking off from the deck of the USS George Washington - one of the world's biggest warships - with the four-day exercise in the Sea of Japan now well underway off the east coast of the Korean peninsula.

The rest of the US and South Korean fleet has been carrying out anti-submarine drills - a reminder of the alleged reason for this show of military strength.

The BBC's John Sudworth, who is aboard the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, the USS George Washington, says the show of strength is intended to rattle Pyongyang's military and political elite.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
You guys are scaring the hades out of me right now - Lil' Kim drunk - nukes. Please, its Sunday for crying out loud.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Does anyone know what N. Korea is exactly capable of?

They threaten a Nuclear retaliation but is that to S. Korea, the ships in the training exercise, the United States or outer space to create a EMP and shut down our power grid?

If they have nukes then why could they not put it on a rocket and shoot it anywhere they want?

I imagine that before Kim dies we will have war with him.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
North Korea may not be able to fire a nuke at the navy and have it be successful, but they can certainly get close enough with a vessel be it above, or below, the water line to have an effect. We've already tested this.

Operation Crossroads

As you can see, from this video, the effects of a water detonation against a navy can be devastating, even if it goes off a ways away from the vessels.

The way I see it, there's going to come a point in time when Kin Jung Il is tired of the game and will decide to go out with a bang, rather than a whimper (remember that he's a big fan of John Wayne, so it stands to reason that he may choose the "final stand" exit). He's not exactly a spring chicken, and while he's rumored to have handed over power to his son, there's really no telling how that power dynamic works.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I don't see what all the big fuss is about why north korea wants to have long range balistic nuclear missiles...its like they are just stirring the pot to start a war for the heck of it...what is their reasoning...or maybe they know something we don't as far as arming themselves in case of a different war that may start...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
either way is it really worth south korea, china, and the usa getting involved and making a bigger deal of it...we have nuclear weapons but we don't want north korea to have them...thats pretty hypocrytical isn't it...if they have them big deal....the whole point is as long as they don't use them...we have enough technology to defend ourselves from the cold war...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
From the BBC:
The rest of the US and South Korean fleet has been carrying out anti-submarine drills - a reminder of the alleged reason for this show of military strength.

Well one would think that the BBC of all people would know that the US and South Koreans have conducted many joint exercises in the past and will in the future.

And that this isn't the reason for the regularly planned exercises.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
i have a feeling nothing will come of this...
the American people have not been properly prepared, psychologically, for a war in Asia... where are you C.D. Jackson

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
As long as the north continues to spout things of this nature out, I will not worry. The most boisterous speaker usually has the least capacity to deal damage. It's when they get quiet that you should worry. Speak softly but carry a big stick and all that.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
to me this seems like anybody in north Korea will be given some type of dirty bomb that can go mini nuclear and it is up to the user how to use it if any attack should take place
i could be wrong but i bet that is what they will do if they face both usa,south korea, and probably rest of nato members

DPRK will start a retaliatory sacred war of their own style based on nuclear deterrent any time necessary

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Ummm yeah there is no way a dirty bomb can go "mini nuclear". That doesnt even make sense.

NK has already tested 2 nuclear devices so there is no need for them to take a step back and build dirty bombs.

Originally posted by aspx
to me this seems like anybody in north Korea will be given some type of dirty bomb that can go mini nuclear and it is up to the user how to use it if any attack should take place
i could be wrong but i bet that is what they will do if they face both usa,south korea, and probably rest of nato members

DPRK will start a retaliatory sacred war of their own style based on nuclear deterrent any time necessary

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Text
"VIOLENCE/WAR can only be maintained by LIES...

and LIES can only be ,maintained by VIOLENCE/WAR!"

STOP the LIES...then you STOP VIOLENCE/WAR!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for some WEBCAM links in South Korea as the others suggested on page one didn't work for me either!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
I'm still waiting for some WEBCAM links in South Korea as the others suggested on page one didn't work for me either!
is there such a thing for war game coverage? that would be cool

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prokopio
Text
"VIOLENCE/WAR can only be maintained by LIES...

and LIES can only be ,maintained by VIOLENCE/WAR!"

STOP the LIES...then you STOP VIOLENCE/WAR!

a millions stars for you
with 3 quotes you have revealed everything

but they didnt care about your third quote ...
they only took the first 2 for advices

their wicked mind will denied it and spit on it before the lies are revealed
some of them will die before those lies can be discovered and showed to the world

[edit on 7/25/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
You guys are scaring the hades out of me right now - Lil' Kim drunk - nukes. Please, its Sunday for crying out loud.

North Korea could only nuke the U.S if the U.S allowed the nuke to hit.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Well the first day of the exercise is over and not a peep from NK. In fact, NK hasnt even released any statements today.......

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I keep checking NK and SK news, nothing -not a word. Now that to me sounds a little unusual for NK. Not sure if this is good news or not

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Originally posted by crazydaisy

North Korea could only nuke the U.S if the U.S allowed the nuke to hit.

I'd be surprised if a North Korean nuke got half-way across the Sea of Japanese.. thats if they would want to try and hit the U.S. My guess they'd hit closer to home. But they won't.

[edit on 25/7/2010 by lepracornman]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join