It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, It's over?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Hurricane bonnie passed and nothing happend, and i just heard on the radio they are going to bring the workers back in to permanitly fill the hole with cement.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The cap is leaking. It looks like it is leaking from a rivit. I hope it holds until they can seal it for good.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Lateralus51

Bonnie never turned into a hurricaine. It was a tropical storm at one point, but was downgraded to a tropical depression.

Believe me, I watched it like a hawk since I live on the coast in Mississippi.

My brother-in-law was pulled in yesterday from an oil platform, but sent back out today at about 3:00 p.m. He works about 50 miles off shore from Louisiana.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
YOU AINT SEEN NOTHIN YET.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
It ain't over until the fat lady sings.

Now quit clowning around and get back out there and lets win one for the Gipper!

[edit on 24/7/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Hurricane seasons is just starting. It won't be long before there will be more Corexit, Oil, Methane and all other kinds of nice chemicals washing ashore. Be patient.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Yessir, it's over! Pack your bags and head on home! Time to enjoy normal life again, with sheen covered waters and the scent of petrol on the air. Beautiful!

Sarcasm aside... Just because BP and the media say that the gusher is capped and stopped does not mean that it's over. You see, by stating that the cap worked, BP is now off the hook in terms of providing live feeds and other updates. This news of significant progress and success will also do a great deal in terms of subduing the public and giving people a sense that everything is now okay. They will soon forget that there is still one hell of a mess in the Gulf. With all the attention turned elsewhere, BP can take their time with the "clean up" while milking the money cow and acting like they are helping to save the planet.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
thank god it's over -now tony hayward can get on with his life..

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
oh yeah....its over. it was never really that big of a problem.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It will be over when the well is completely killed and the cleanup is finished. Hopefully the wildlife will come back and flourish. I don't even want to think about the corexit.

I never thought that it would be the ELE that many people predicted and I could still be wrong, but I pray I'm not. This fiasco has done enough damage. My thoughts are prayers are those who are still suffering from this event.

[edit on 8/4/2010 by darkelf]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by p51mustang
thank god it's over -now tony hayward can get on with his life..

**imagining B**** slapping Tony** Yeah....it's over.....unless you live here. I don't think the fat lady has sung yet.....has she?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
What I find interesting, is in this article:

www.cnn.com...

it states that most of the oil has been "collected", "dispersed", or "evaporated".

"On the cleanup front, 74 percent of the oil that leaked from the well since the drilling rig sank in April has been collected, has dispersed or has evaporated, according to a government report released Wednesday."

Wait a minute. Didn't we have all these "experts" on here some time ago explain that oil doesn't evaporate??

Confusing times.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Wookiep]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
What I find interesting, is in this article:

www.cnn.com...

it states that most of the oil has been "collected", "dispersed", or "evaporated".

"On the cleanup front, 74 percent of the oil that leaked from the well since the drilling rig sank in April has been collected, has dispersed or has evaporated, according to a government report released Wednesday."

Wait a minute. Didn't we have all these "experts" on here some time ago explain that oil doesn't evaporate??

Confusing times.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Wookiep]

Mmmmm hmmmmmm.....I think that is what they are counting on.....confusion....then exasperation....and HOPING we will get sick of it and stop paying attention. After all, this is really affecting BP's "reputation"
AND thier pocketbook. I. for one, will NEVER take my eye off those crooks!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Yes, It looks to be over. No marshal law, no mass evacuation of the gulf, no millions dead, no mass extinction of sea life. Most of the oil is gone. What a surprise the doomsayers were wrong again.

Things are going to be ok. Purchased BP stock at around $27 a share during all the panic and doom. Like they say, never let a good crisis go to waste.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
Yes, It looks to be over. No marshal law, no mass evacuation of the gulf, no millions dead, no mass extinction of sea life. Most of the oil is gone. What a surprise the doomsayers were wrong again.

Things are going to be ok. Purchased BP stock at around $27 a share during all the panic and doom. Like they say, never let a good crisis go to waste.

I'm not a doomsday person at all. Maybe it will be ok in other places, but where I sit (gulf coast), we won't be fine for quite some time. Good luck with your stocks (I mean that)

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
they really need to just get rid of this whole deepwater discussion...people are just going to keep hyping nothing.

top topics

join