It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP to drill for oil off Libya in weeks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
BP will start drilling off the Libyan coast in a few weeks, it said on Saturday, despite lingering questions over the deal which led to the exploration and the oil firm's role in the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.

BP's Libyan well, at about 5700 feet under water, is deeper than the well beneath the Deepwater Horizon, but Nicholas said the company took the risks involved "very seriously".

Can you believe this???

They haven't worked out what went wrong on the Horizon and yet they are going to drill even DEEPER !!!!!!!!

money.ninemsn.com.au...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I am really at a loss for words. Under our current situation it is hard to believe that those runnin the show behind the curtains are not gonna try and save our only way to survive period. OUR OCEAN. We are mostly water as our mother earth is too. Its all about money.They lose money in the Gulf so they must keep drilling baby.Got to get back some of that money sittin in plumes in the middle of the gulf. Un B lievable. Im so frustrated with this its hard to type. Great Post

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
.... and the Lockerbie bomber ...

has how many shares in B.P ?????????

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
It seems like they're trying their damndest to destroy everything before they get bought out completely. I'm a little speechless that they're going to go ahead with this well. I doubt it's a neccesity at this moment in time and if something goes equally wrong with it like the gulf well, we're pretty much screwed from either side. More dispersant, more contamination.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr.Goodevil

And BP is BANNED from these deepsea wells in the US...

So BP just goes to where they are not BANNED......

Still, as you say it's the worlds oceans that may suffer...

new topics

top topics

join