It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have we the people forgotten about Iraq?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Is this a conspiracy of the TPTB and the MSM to make us forget? I have seen very little coverage by the big media if any at all! on tv anyway if you look its there!

With most policymakers focused on the war in Afghanistan, Delahunt is warning that the continued inability of Iraqi leaders to form of new government risks a return to civil war -- just as the bulk of American troops are scheduled to withdraw later this summer.
Source
and some recent news in Iraq

In Rare Deadly Attack, Rocket Hits Iraq’s Green Zone

BAGHDAD — A rocket attack on Thursday on the Green Zone, the heavily barricaded section of this city that contains the main government buildings and the United States Embassy, killed three foreign contractors who work for the embassy, and wounded 15, including two American citizens.
Source

Al-Qaida claims it was behind twin Iraq bombings

BAGHDAD — Al-Qaida in Iraq claimed responsibility for twin suicide bombings against its former insurgent allies that killed almost 50 people and said in an Internet statement posted Friday that it hoped the attacks would inspire others to "martyrdom."
Source

Iraq's Political Impasse: Who Needs a Government?
It's not much of a surprise that Iraq's dysfunctional political class still has yet to form a government five months after its election. More of a surprise is that the country hasn't fallen apart as a result of the political stalemate.

Read more
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ad0a8f0ddd5e.jpg[/atsimg]
Iraqi Shiite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr, right, welcomes former Iraq's Prime Minister Iyad Allawi before a meeting in Damascus, Syria.

is this the future of Iraq? two great guys huh?
this cant turn out good at all

your thoughts?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The U.S never really had good plans for any country they wanted to occupy.
Moqtada al-Sadr would be a better leader then any U.S. puppet.
:/

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I haven't forgotten about Iraq or Afghanistan. A U.S. soldier was just killed in Iraq the other day bringing the U.S. death toll up to 4413 and the total coalition troops killed to 4731.

Coalition troops are still being killed daily in Afghanistan and with the recent news of the BP oil disaster, most of the troops getting killed are going unnoticed. The number of U.S. troops killed in Afghanistan is at 1206 and the total number of coalition troops killed is at 1966.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

Is this a conspiracy of the TPTB and the MSM to make us forget? I have seen very little coverage by the big media if any at all! on tv anyway if you look its there!

Is more coverage really going to make people care?

I'm willing to bet most folks here want the wars over and the troops brought home.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

"we the people" forget everything in ~10 days...

AIDS
SARS
Iraq
Afghan
Katrina
BP

The only thing that is important is reality shows and the new gadget.

There is no "we the people" anymore, there is only consumer man/woman with 16 digits authorization codes.

Why are we still occupying these foreign lands, taking their sovereignty and ignoring that ours is being taken at home?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Geez, if US was just going to democratically appoint those two to govern Iraq, why didn't they just stick with Saddam?

And that skid of money that no one knows where it went?
The US could have conquered California back from Mexico with that.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I wouldn't call it a conspiracy. Americans(all people?) have short attention spans.

The media is just giving the people what they want. Not more of the same old war talk that's been going on for years, but whatever the story du jour is.

I still here it mentioned, but only when something "exciting" happens.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Is more coverage really going to make people care?

I'm willing to bet most folks here want the wars over and the troops brought home.

I think more coverage will encourage more people to protest these unjust wars and make it clear that we are not happy with the continued loss of life on both sides. Whatever we think about politics, one thing is clear they all want re-election and if the voters become more vocal about their disdain for the wars, then we might just see more progress to bringing closure to this nonsense.

new topics

top topics

join