It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

New fireball UFO -my video

page: 3
2
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by The Chez
 


What evidence can you provide that shows that this is not a Chinese Lantern? I want it to be something else, but the evidence is pointing towards a Chinese Lantern.

Cheers




posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1
Well some people consider beer to be a waste of money and I couldn't count how many empty beer cans I've seen lying about the streets. How many spent chinese lanterns have you found lying around on the ground?
What I don't understand that maybe you all can explain, is that article just cited:
news.bbc.co.uk...
doesn't even mention the reason why Chinese lanterns are illegal in many areas of the USA, due to the fire hazard. Can anyone explain why there's no mention of fire hazard in the UK? does it rain so much there that fires can't start from Chinese lanterns or something?

The part about cattle eating the wires is bad but at least they are trying to come out with "no-wires" versions (I almost said wireless LOL).

I've heard of cow tipping which is pushing cows over, so when I read about fly tipping that sounds like pushing flies over but I see it's actually the trash can and not the fly? Never heard that before but I've only been in London for about 9 days and I guess the subject of fly tipping never came up.


I read somewhere that Chinese lanterns were even made illegal in some places in China, I think one such place was near an airport where they were considered a hazard to air traffic trying to take off and land.



posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur
 

I can see how Chinese lanterns could be a fire hazard and I would have imagined that would be the primary reason to ban them over any other in the UK. Strange that it isn't mentioned, I completely agree with that.

But.... how many fires in the UK has beer consumption been responsible for? There's probably no way to know for sure but I bet that there are a lot more accidental fires being lit by semi conscious drunks than there are by chinese sky lanterns


Seriously though, I have considered the fire risk before. I live in Amsterdam in the Netherlands and had thought that I may buy some of these lanterns to launch on new years eve. There are a lot of very high buildings around me though and I guess that it would be possible that a lit lantern could end up somewhere trapped on someones balcony and cause a fire which would obviously be a bad thing. So I won't bother.

On a more serious note..I love beer!



posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by RMFX1
Well some people consider beer to be a waste of money and I couldn't count how many empty beer cans I've seen lying about the streets. How many spent chinese lanterns have you found lying around on the ground?
What I don't understand that maybe you all can explain, is that article just cited:
news.bbc.co.uk...
doesn't even mention the reason why Chinese lanterns are illegal in many areas of the USA, due to the fire hazard. Can anyone explain why there's no mention of fire hazard in the UK? does it rain so much there that fires can't start from Chinese lanterns or something?

The part about cattle eating the wires is bad but at least they are trying to come out with "no-wires" versions (I almost said wireless LOL).

I've heard of cow tipping which is pushing cows over, so when I read about fly tipping that sounds like pushing flies over but I see it's actually the trash can and not the fly? Never heard that before but I've only been in London for about 9 days and I guess the subject of fly tipping never came up.


I read somewhere that Chinese lanterns were even made illegal in some places in China, I think one such place was near an airport where they were considered a hazard to air traffic trying to take off and land.


I didn't know they were illegal in parts of the US, that's interesting. I still believe the UK government is allowing them, dispite the obvious risks, because they're a cover to discredit genuine UFO sightings.

They probably go out before they land on the ground, as I imagine the flame going out is what causes them to fall from the sky due to lack of hot air keeping them afloat, but if they were to settle on a tall building, or a thatch roof, hay barn etc, then the fire risk is still very real, even with the 'wireless' ones. Also, if they are flying as high as the one I saw the other night was, then they certainly pose a risk to helicopters and low flying planes. I'm really supprised the CAA hasn't put out more warnings about these. They're certainly causing grief for the coastguard anyway.

Fly tipping is where someone, usualy driving a truck or car, dumps a large quantity of waste illegally at the side of a road or in a field, usualy in rural areas. This problem is fed by the fact you often have to pay to use waste disposal sites & skips. Plus the last government brought in a lot of really stupid rules pertaining to the disposal & recycling of household waste, making it harder to throw your rubbish away. Letting these lanterns go, is in my opinion, a form of fly tipping, only when damage does occur, there is NO way to claim from the person responsable.
I feel for the poor cow that swallowed one & took two days to die, surely that is, as well as a tragic accident, someone's fault? If a lantern had not landed in the field, the cow would not have died in agony, nobody can argue with that.

Anyway, before I venture too much off topic, I think you really must look to conspiracy to realise why these lanterns are legal, and highly popular here.
You cannot compare them with fireworks, there are few, if any fireworks mistaken for UFO's, and fireworks are restricted by lots of regulation to keep people and the enviroment safe. However, when Chinese Lanterns arrived, lots and lots, as you can see, are mistaken for a UFO, or maybe a UFO is mistaken for them sometimes?

I am not paranoid, I don't need to be because I have an open mind, I am as willing to believe there is no conspiracy and these lanterns are simply a fad, which will die just like pogs & gogos. I also believe that this could be a cover for UFO sightings. Now the authorities have a good explanation for pretty much every foreign object in the sky, from secret aircraft to UFO's. When the MOD or government have no idea what that light in the sky was, but the public ask, a chinese lantern fills the void safely, without needing to admit they have no idea what it was.

I see more and more GENUINE UFO sightings being passed off as this, to the point where nobody will believe anymore. Which is sad. So yes, I think inside, ouside and on the borders of the box, but I am not as some of you call me, paranoid.



posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by The Chez
 


Pass the pipe.

Second line, and a little bit more.



posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by The ChezNow the authorities have a good explanation for pretty much every foreign object in the sky, from secret aircraft to UFO's. When the MOD or government have no idea what that light in the sky was, but the public ask, a chinese lantern fills the void safely, without needing to admit they have no idea what it was.


Just a quick note: If it were secret aircraft, I'm pretty sure they'd be smart enough to just turn the lights off. Why aliens don't do that I'm unsure, but it sure doesn't make a whole lot of sense to put out a bunch of bright light when you want to remain secret.

Lights in the sky, to me, means "Look at me". Whether that be because it's an airplane that doesn't want another airplane to crash into it, a light tower doing the same, or a Chinese lantern out for show. Secret government anything won't be illuminated, aliens wouldn't be illuminated (Unless they want us to know they're there, in which case they've been going about it a bassackwards way for the last century or so).

The same logic is used on the ocean. Most lights you see on boats aren't there so the boat can see other stuff, it's there so other stuff can see the boat, and know how to avoid a collision with it. Navigation lights.



posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by EsSeeEyeLights in the sky, to me, means "Look at me". Whether that be because it's an airplane that doesn't want another airplane to crash into it, a light tower doing the same, or a Chinese lantern out for show. Secret government anything won't be illuminated, aliens wouldn't be illuminated (Unless they want us to know they're there, in which case they've been going about it a bassackwards way for the last century or so).


I've often thought that if we are being visited, these beings do not want contact with humanity, or at least only on their own terms. They must want to observe us, so would it not make sense for extraterrestrials to mimic the lights of aircraft and fly in a similar manner to aircraft? It must be pretty obvious what our rules for aviation nav lights are. They wouldn't attract a second glance.



posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Karilla
 


If we're speculating, why couldn't I just say "Well sure, but aliens traveled here from millions of light years away, why would they need lights at all? Even mimicking nav lights gives us something to see."

If they mimicked nav lights, there would still be extra aircraft in the air that's unaccounted for. The normal everyday person wouldn't notice, sure, but there are a lot of professionals that wouldn't be doing their jobs if they ignored extra sets of lights. It wouldn't make sense for the aliens to do this when they could just be invisible in a night sky.

It's all speculation and hypothesis though. They could be anything if they're up there at all.



new topics

top topics



 
2
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join