It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New fireball UFO -my video

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Certainly not all UFO's reported display the characteristics of massive speeds and unreal maneuvering.

Plenty have been reported throughout history, that do indeed travel on a straight line course, and relatively slowly too.

link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by The Chez

Hi Chez.

Just watched your vid..first thing, NEVER apologise for a British accent, or your regional accent!

You don't have a 'funny' voice either.

Thanks for posting, can't say what it is one way or the other, nobody on this site can.

It could be a craft from elsewhere, or it could be a candle in a paper balloon...i know, i know..you don't want to hear that..i understand, i really do.

(BTW, they flog the damned things in toy shops for a fiver!)

Thanks anyway.

I've sort of lost my voice for some reason lol, sorry for being sorry, said all that while trying not to fall into the slug pit that is the back of our garden.

The narrowmindedness of some is one of the reasons I am sadly considering leaving ATS. I am not a hoaxer, or a joker, or a fraud, although I cannot prove that anymore than I can prove what this orange light in the sky is.

link   
Without a doubt, a chinese lantern

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Arbitrageur

Certainly not all UFO's reported display the characteristics of massive speeds and unreal maneuvering.

Plenty have been reported throughout history, that do indeed travel on a straight line course, and relatively slowly too.

One of these that comes to mind for me is the 'Bruja' (witch) of Mexico, which appear to be human/humanoid things floating through the air, in a straight line, making no sound.

There are hundreds of vids on youtube of these things, most are in spanish, but it is clear what they are reffering to!

^^ look at that for a chinese lantern, impressive or what huh!

Bedtime for me otherwise I'm gonna die, lol, but I would be interested in hearing about other, silent aircraft that fly in straight lines, UFO or identified flying objects, lol.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by The Chez]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I know what you mean..about leaving that is..i've had similar thoughts myself the last few months.

Reading between the lines, there are a lot of people that frequent this site, with the SOLE intention of causing confusion, intimidation by ridicule, and just plain overwhelming a thread with diversionary and divisory tactics.

I hate to admit defeat, but it's wearing me down.

I'm thinking a site more dedicated to the subjects that interest me, with a more like minded membership would at least offer a bit of strength through numbers, and discourage the 'pro's'.

Haven't made my mind up yet, but i'm thinking 'genuine' ATS members are losing too many battles in a concerted propaganda war, currently being waged around the net.

That slug trap sounds...icky...i'd have been distracted too!

Cheers.

And GET SOME SLEEP!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I know what you mean..about leaving that is..i've had similar thoughts myself the last few months.

Reading between the lines, there are a lot of people that frequent this site, with the SOLE intention of causing confusion, intimidation by ridicule, and just plain overwhelming a thread with diversionary and divisory tactics.

I hate to admit defeat, but it's wearing me down.

I'm thinking a site more dedicated to the subjects that interest me, with a more like minded membership would at least offer a bit of strength through numbers, and discourage the 'pro's'.

Haven't made my mind up yet, but i'm thinking 'genuine' ATS members are losing too many battles in a concerted propaganda war, currently being waged around the net.

That slug trap sounds...icky...i'd have been distracted too!

Cheers.

And GET SOME SLEEP!

I agree solely with that, and the get some sleep bit, as I said above, I'm off, goodnight,
finally..lol

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
A friend of mine lives in a tall tower block, 12 stories up, and one of the houses near the flats has occupants who are mildly obsessed with chinese lanterns. We have seen very many of them sailing past the windows, and I'm afraid they look just like the video you posted. The flickering of the light is a dead giveaway. You have to bear in mind that the winds you experience on the ground may be of a different strength, and even direction, to those just a few hundred feet up.

I'm not going to have a go at you for thinking these things are odd, or not knowing what you were looking at. Its just that I've seen them sailing straight past a window 100 feet up, about 10 feet away, and could clearly see the burning square of cardboardy stuff, and even the folds in the paper.

Keep watching the skies!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Chinese latern.

As said in previous posts, the flickering light is a dead give away. Sorry buddy.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Chez
One of these that comes to mind for me is the 'Bruja' (witch) of Mexico
If it's been identified as a witch, is it still a "UFO", since the U stands for unidentified?

Couldn't that just be a bunch of balloons? Lots of UFO videos in Mexico seem to be a bunch of balloons.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
If it's been identified as a witch, is it still a "UFO", since the U stands for unidentified?

I really hope this didn't officially go out as a witch sighting... Oh dear, Mexico.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Hi Chez, interesting vid there. There is nothing pointing to fake here, but it could be lanterns as people are pointing out. You may like to prove to yourself whether its lanterns or not. If you can have another go at contacting the amber/orange type ufo orb, point a torch in the general direction where you saw this, flash it three times one second between each sequence and wait for a reply. You may well get a reply with a pulsing three flash from the ufo orb. These things really do have the ability to sort of turn down their light almost like a miners lamp, people hundreds of years ago even used to call them Jack o'the lantern here in the UK, they are so dimmed turned down that they are hardly noticeable, perhaps these things are around us all the time. If you are prepared to make contact again many more ufo orbs of different colours and even shapes may show up and the endgame will be the appearance of a radiant white mothership.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Couldn't that just be a bunch of balloons? Lots of UFO videos in Mexico seem to be a bunch of balloons.

Yep, that's exactly what I think they are. Balloons No witches, no aliens, just lots and lots of balloons in Mexico.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by RMFX1]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1

Yep, that's exactly what I think they are. Balloons No witches, no aliens, just lots and lots of balloons in Mexico.

RMFX1.....

Here's my favourite Mexican "hot air device".....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Im sorry but is obviously a Chinese lantern flickering along. Now why would you rush to upload a video immediately after then post it on ATS when thinking it was a UFO? I would be taken back for a while myself.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Here is an article which points to a threat posed by this stupid new fad: www.telegraph.co.uk...

If you're easily upset, I suggest you don't read it, as it concerns stories about farm animals being fatally injured by them and their remains once they fall from the sky.

news.bbc.co.uk... this article also mentions some hazards.

news.bbc.co.uk... as a farmer here quite rightly points out, fly tipping is illegal, if you're caught doing it then there are big fines & other penalties such as loss of the vehicle involved etc, but you can launch trash into the air and there is no comeback for damages caused by it, as it is totaly anonymous, am I missing something here?

Personally, I think you're pretty stupid to waste your money on these, the actual enjoyment from releasing them is probably about 5 minutes, at that, before they vanish & become litter. I'd rather buy some beer or some decent music for my party than a stupid paper litter lantern, actualy, thats what I'mn gonna call them from now on, litter lanterns

[edit on 25-7-2010 by The Chez]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Well some people consider beer to be a waste of money and I couldn't count how many empty beer cans I've seen lying about the streets. How many spent chinese lanterns have you found lying around on the ground?

Secondly, the enjoyment that someone would get from a lantern launch would vary. I'm sure that there are people out there who love watching them float up up and away. Just in the same way people love watching fireworks fly up and explode. There isn't much difference and it's not up to you to decide whether other peoples activities are worthwhile or not.

And thirdly, I don't think that the vast majority of the people who launch lanterns do it to trick people like you. It just so happens that there are people out there who will jump to the wildest conclusions when they see something in the sky which they don't understand. That's not anyone elses fault.

I also want to go back to your post on the previous page where you questioned why there were so many lanterns in the sky. You suggested that it may be the government that releases them to cover up any real UFO's that may be out there. Well, I realise that this is a conspiracy site but seriously...you're being paranoid. I'm sure that if TPTB are releasing lanterns it has little to do with them trying to decieve us in that way, but rather a great way for them to end their celebration parties at the end of the week when they see how much more of our money they've managed to steal from us.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by RMFX1]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I agree with Chinese lantern theory.

First time I had ever seen them was last fourth of July in a heavily asian populated city. I can easily see why they are confused with UFOs.

Thanks for posting though, we never want to discourage any from posting possible UFO footage.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sp1897
I agree with Chinese lantern theory.

First time I had ever seen them was last fourth of July in a heavily asian populated city. I can easily see why they are confused with UFOs.

Thanks for posting though, we never want to discourage any from posting possible UFO footage.

I see these lights often, but this is the last thread I will start about them on ATS. I will post the vids on youtube, where people can make their own minds up without me having to bother with the mini mods & doubters.

Pretty soon all UFO sightings will be Chinese litter lanterns, people will stop believing, and it won't be worth reporting any UFO or publishing footage. TPTB have a good cop out, they can simply say 'what you saw in the sky that night was a litter lantern, not a UFO', done.

In the mean time, farmers will I suppose have to bear the loss and damage caused by trash landing in their fields.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by The ChezYou imagine aliens to be totaly squeaky clean beings, what's to say their craft are not powered simlar to a rocket, which certainly would show up as a burning light in the sky during takeoff & landing.

So, this isn't a UFO. You're identifying it as an alien craft, not actually looking for a rational explanation.

There's no real reason to even consider applying some logic here and analyzing your video, because anything other than "It's an alien spaceship" won't be a satisfactory explanation.

Don't take this as an insult, but it's pretty obvious that this wasn't a thread that was posted so it could be examined, it was posted so you could feel good about having some "alien footage".

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Chinese Lantern

STOP POSTING FAKE VIDEOS!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join