It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miraculous escape for driver as car falls 20ft into sinkhole at traffic lights during storm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I have been fascinated by the recent sink holes appearing all over the place (I am sure they have been for a long time, but with news coverage now we all get to hear about them).

Some of them look truly photoshopped - just so un-real, but they are...

Here is another recent one:

He's thanking his lucky stars that he was pulled out alive.
Yet, miraculously, the driver of this SUV only suffered minor cuts and bruises when his vehicle plummeted 20ft into a sinkhole as he approached traffic lights.
Lance Treankler was driving his black Cadillac Escalade during torrential rains in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, yesterday, when the road opened up beneath him.

Link

[edit on 24/7/10 by AlwaysQuestion]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Amazing picture! Can you imagine sitting in your automobile at a light or something and all of a sudden start sinking into the earth?? Talk about something you would never expect to happen, had to be terrifying at first.

I wonder if the hole was filled with water when it collapsed or if it was empty and he free fell to the bottom? Scary either way I guess.

Thanks for the post AQ.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
These pics are amazing.But as far as we are just now able to see them because of the news coverage is not accurate. We have had news coverage media for as long as i can remember. If you look at all the flooding in our country latley,earthquakes,super cell storms,record heat and other record weather patterns it seems our planet is in some sort of reshaping process. So much we must learn. Great post.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I wonder if he has sinkhole coverage on his auto insurance?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I can remeber seeing news coverage on sink holes that came up in San Diego when I was in high school almost 15 years ago, so I certainly don't think this is anything new. Pretty crazy picture nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Not only is the picture amazing, but, since this happened yesterday, I was shocked when I came across an article that said the Escalade was still running in the sinkhole, today!

The owner must have just filled it up, before plummeting down the sinkhole!

www.jsonline.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Whoa. That's an amazing photo. The person is very lucky to be alive...wasn't the last sinkhole (I think somewhere in South America?) bottomless?

Record heat, ash clouds, deep earthquakes, minor earthquakes in odd places, damns breaking, sinkholes...probably coincidence and cycles, but then again 2010 was supposed to be the year that odd things like this started escalating.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Whoa. That's an amazing photo. The person is very lucky to be alive...wasn't the last sinkhole (I think somewhere in South America?) bottomless?

Record heat, ash clouds, deep earthquakes, minor earthquakes in odd places, damns breaking, sinkholes...probably coincidence and cycles, but then again 2010 was supposed to be the year that odd things like this started escalating.
Yup... thats what I have heard also,.
but that would be from prophetic readings and people that predict things,.. cant be true'
'

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I guess we just stay vigilant and keep trying to keep it in perspective. Are sinkholes common in Wisconsin? You know this could also have a lot to do with out crumbling and aging infrastructure.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

I guess we just stay vigilant and keep trying to keep it in perspective. Are sinkholes common in Wisconsin? You know this could also have a lot to do with out crumbling and aging infrastructure.
No this is not a common thing at all
In fact this is a new one to me,.
My guess is the pipe underground has been washing away the ground below for some time..
I'd say coincidence to other sinkholes globally.
the Milwaukee area received 5+ inches of rain in just a few hours..
THAT is unusuall
Interesting thing is many elderly people I talk to have all said they've never seen so much rain or hot weather

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Looks like storm water pipe rupture washing soil into what looks like sewer entry points, Many access points in this area.
Just an outside point of view by myself, I work in this type of industry.

Regards, robbo.

new topics

top topics

join