It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Middle Class in America Is Radically Shrinking. Here Are the Stats to Prove it

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Who are these people prattling on about over taxation? The U.S. bounces between the 2nd and 5th least taxed country on the planet. Ironically, China is the number 5 most taxed nation. They have a better industry base than we do by far. Even Germany taxes more than we do. They are still able to attract business.

So no, taxes aren't the problem.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by antonia]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Where do you say the garbage you put out?

the reasonS the few people who have money and do own things they work for it
and the invest in their own futures.

they dont sit back and bitch about what they dont have they dont blame other people for having what they do..........

The numbers say you are wrong, look at the links in my previous post. Most people in the U.S. work for what they get, they aren't sitting back bitching as yo claim with these statements.

IS this an excuse you use to screw anybody over every chance you get, tell yourself they are lazy. It sure sounds that way.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

dictionary.law.com...

I hate corporations. The reason the corporation is created is to protect the actual owners of a particular business enterprise. This allows them to make decisions to preserve, nay, ensure the survival of the business at all costs. Since the unions made sure they could no longer secure the services of children, or 7 day work weeks, or withholding of wages for (insert whatever reason here) or any other inhuman business practices, they can obtain the services of a legal representative to locate or create the loopholes needed to keep their investment afloat. The CEO, CFO and all other well paid morons at the top are just pawns to be used and discarded as needed by.....The Corporation.

It is impossible for the slave to love it's master. For masters, no matter how kind, still own us and have in this case a financial freedom, that we provide for them while depriving ourselves and our children of the same.

Along these lines, please don't tell me that you believe that the HR department in your company is there to help the employees....

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Anybody to lay up any claims on wiki, follow the links and then show how accurate they are.

I provided not one weak link, but three, and all three are better than wiki.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Yep, and in the other countries they spend the tax money back on the people, while in the U.S. our tax money goes to corporate welfare, empire building, and subsidizing of illegal immigration, all policies by the same free market repubs who wrote the laws opening the flood gates to white collar crime.

The average U.S. worker gets nothing back for our tax dollars.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
YOU SIR poet cannot be the largest importer/consumer of the world and be the most productive it doesnt work that way.

hardest working my azz

ANYONE
ANYONE
WHO PUTS A MSNBC LINK IN A POST

ISNT worth the time no matter how many other links they put in it.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Oops, double post.

sorry

[edit on 24-7-2010 by poet1b]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You sir, obviously care nothing about the facts. Maybe you wouldn't like what you see if you were to open your eyes.

When MSNBC is backed by other links, and the facts, they are credible, but hey, you can always do the research yourself.

First of all, consumption has nothing to do with productivity.

The U.S. is the world largest importer/consumer, because the world rigs its currency to give themselves a trade advantage. In addition, you eliminate our importation of oil, and were are pretty much even.

The reason the U.S. has so much debt, is because the world is eager to lend us the money do to our gold standard in production and technological innovation. Have you thought about that?

Do you care about the truth, or are you mainly interested in burying your head in the sand?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by Amaterasu

I have seen arguments for respect based society before, and they are good ones. However, first things first.

We need to grab control of our government (legally, democratically) ASAP. We really dont have long. They are grabbing for power, and once they get rid of the Constitution, by whatever means, we have no legal recourse.

I just have real doubts. Even fairly intelligent people are on the "globalization is good for us" bandwagon. Despite all evidence to the contrary.

Globalization with money and the current power structure is not the answer, either. If we eliminate money, we eliminate the power elite. But we need structure for this new society we would build.

To understand how we might do this, I wrote this piece here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You're right, though we don't have much time. However... If they strip us of the Constitution, that is not legal. Should we constrain ourselves legally? Or only ethically? Everything is fair except where the three Laws constrain. We will not willfully harm or kill another Being. We will not willfully take or damage another Being's property. We will not willfully defraud.

Thank you for your response!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by MrXYZ

Here is another link. Note that Luxemborg is a city. Compare one of the U.S. highly productive cities to Luxemborg and see what you get.

en.wikipedia.org...

Luxembourg is a country. The capital of Luxembourg is Luxembourg city. Please note that although small, Luxembourg is composed of 24 cities.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
OMG DUDE

were done here

i do not wish you well i do not wish you to have a nice day

[edit on 24-7-2010 by neo96]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129
The working class wordwide are being turned into slaves..

They will eventually realise this and rise up against their Masters...

Will it happen soon enough?
Will they win??

We need not rise up. We merely need to bypass them, and do all we can to disclose the technology of drawing energy from the zero point field, using the Interweb as our "meeting place."

Again, to understand how this can work, please read:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

* 66 percent of the income growth between 2001 and 2007 went to the top 1% of all Americans.

The above is most revealing about who just is benefiting from the war on terror and at whose expense.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink

The solution is to increase the tax on the wealthiest while creating huge tax deductions for investments in new production in the United States. Think of it as a forced trickle down. Which is more or less the way it was during the boom years of the 50s and 60s.

Simply giving those with the most tax cuts does nothing for the economy as we have seen.

This would be a stop-gap measure, at best. IF we could even accomplish it. Better to bypass them and bring forth the abundance the universe has to offer.

Here is the link, once more, to my explanation of how we can do this:

Also, in my book is a description of a device, invented by my partner, for the purpose of extracting energy from the zero point field. The discussion thread with the link to the free version, posted on ATS Media, is in my sig.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
We all know what the problems are by now. What the HELL are we going to DO about it? Pray it away? Mind meld it away?

Sad truth is, no one is going to do a damn thing. The people are as unified and as paralyzed as the Congress.

[edit on 7/24/2010 by ~Lucidity]

I'm trying very hard to show everyone what the HELL we are to do. [smile]

I will post my link - again. This is what we do:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
YOU cannot tax a minority to pay for the majority YOU cannot its unconstitutional.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
YOU cannot tax a minority to pay for the majority YOU cannot its unconstitutional.

I thought you were done?

Yesh,
, I don't remember reading anything in the constitution about a majority not being able to tax a minority. Don't see how it would be illegal. Considering it doesn't even happen here-I'm not exactly sure what you are crying about.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
it happens all the time the rich are taxed more than anyone class of people in this country and they are the minority

it is illegal taking something away from you that you earned its called stealing.

once that road starts getting traveled theres no stopping it.

and im not wasting anymore time on that other dude

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

it is illegal taking something away from you that you earned its called stealing.

Well that does it. I am suing FICA, as they have been taking something that I earned away from me.

Dude...really?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

it happens all the time the rich are taxed more than anyone class of people in this country and they are the minority

The rich pay more in taxes because they make more money. Why would you waste your time taxing old ladies on disability? Warren Buffet once said that his secretary probably paid more than he did percentage wise. Why does it surprise you they pay most of the taxes. They make most of the money. Would you rather they take every dime from the poor? It's not illegal to tax anyone. If you live in a country and use roads, schools, etc, expect to pay taxes and if you aren't happy with that go to some other country where you can not pay a dime.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by antonia]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join