It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the yes men fix the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
vodo.net...

have a good look,while your busy being concerned about threads that dosnt deserve so much attention,those people ACTUALY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.
they costed dow milions of dollars,and what does dow do? instead of really giving money to india?
they waste milions on a stupid media ad campaign to brainwash us that they are good.

the most sick part is that i have to be the one to MAKE THIS THREAD, to inform everyone.
whats the matter? are these men illegal to you? are they criminals to you?
are they hackers? that they have to spread this movie on p2p because theyr being sued at the moment?
if you are not gratefull about everything that man like this have done,then you deserve to be chipped and have your house taken.
couse while some people only site and troll online,other people actualy do something instead of talkin.
you made let this thread fade away,but i PERSONALY supprt them and will make sure theyr message and movie gets spreaded, i will post theyr story,and try to contact them even
heck i would want to be a part of them and help them!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Talk about synchronicity! I just watched that film (borrowed from the library) two days ago, and this is the first time I have been able to get online since then.

And here is your thread.

I highly recommend this film to all here. Although they supported the man-made global warming agenda (nevermind that ALL our planets have been heating and this has little to do with man, but a natural cycle), most of their points and work is spot on.

Thanks for posting this!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Love these guys! I was amazed at their craftiness and bravery. Here is another link:

The Yes Men Fix The World
stagevu.com...

Edit to add: You might dig this too.

Peace

[edit on 24-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
thanks guys,only you two replyed but atleast its nice to know that SOMEONE actualy cares about people that DO SOMETHING in this world. i get really fed up with ats members who just let threads like this die.

personaly i just writed to these guys at their website.
sayd i would like to have theyr flash button link/ad on my small site,have the full story and flame away at all the stupid companyes,and yes i am going to curse alot.
i also offered my graphic photoshop skills to help them for free for whatever i can.
i hope i hear an answer from them.

these man could die happy knowing that they did something COOL in theyr lives.

only thing different between they and me is that they have the resources to pull something cool,but in a funny way. if it was me i would have ended up in jail

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
now you might get fed up that these guys are having donations on theyr site and they need 50,000...wow alot of money.
but atleast they actualy do something nice. and they get alot of expenses doing this.
if i had the finances i would have probably donated.
these guys actualy deserve the donations

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

It's not syncronicity. It's coincidence.

Anyway, one of the guys from this film was in my girlfriends retuarant about 3 or 4 months ago and was telling her about the film which she then told me about when she got home. I googled it and aquired it but I'm yet to watch it.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
thats pretty cool,you should deffinetly watch it. those guys are just like..legends.
pretty funny and cool that all torrent sites support theyr cause by promoting their movie

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
this is a great flick.

too bad most people won't take the time to understand what they are doing.

after watching this movie. I had the epiphany that the only PTB in the this world are the 6 billion that are accepting things as they are.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
and too bad the thread fades away constantly as people are more concerned about the latest religios claims or something other we talk about everyday.
the strange thing is dow didnt sue them,but they did make a crappy ads

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I found your film most interesting and gutsy to think that two people could actually put into practice such a risky endeavor.
Thanks for your efforts in putting this together on the forum. it's work like this that we need more of.
Hope to see more from you soon.
Keep up the standard

edit for spelling

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Henrykate]

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Just watched it, what a great film, It made me laugh when they were at the Halliburton demo with those Ball protective outfits. It's amazing what some people will fall for and the amount of thick people in high positions.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I just watched this on Netflix (yes I'm late to the party
) and thought it was excellent.... very funny and very infuriating at the same time.

I LOVED the fake New York Times at the end...

And I actually remember the Bhopal BBC scam too.... remember it being on Channel 4 news.

They almost got the movement they were talking about at the end of the movi.... The Occupy movement fit the bill nicely, just a shame that people are scared of change and attack anything that instigates it.

edit on 18/2/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

top topics

join