It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Los Zetas drug cartel seizes 2 U.S. Ranches in Texas

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
mexicans illegally entering the united states? dangerous criminals, you say? weapons? drugs? oh wait, this has been going on for years. nevermind, i thought you were discussing some kind of spectacular event here. it turns out these guys have been sneaking into america for a while now. who would have knew.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Champagne

Originally posted by antonia
You are assuming this is true. For some odd reason I'm not buying it. The only place I am seeing this is on message boards and the article quoted. Furthermore, the Los Zetas do not represent the Mexican government. It can't be called "an act of war".

The very first site listed is a news site. Guess you are "assuming" this is not true.....

"The Examiner" is not a news site. It is a site where anyone can post articles about anything. Is this your first use of the Internet? Seriously. I can post an examiner article right now about you lacking common sense and believing everything you read on the internet. I'll even have fake quotes from government officials confirming my opinion and your parents being arrested for raising their child in a bubble.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by andrewh7]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I did a news scan, and the consensus now is that there's no support for this story:
It may be a reworked 2008 story

Law enforcement in the area were contacted by several reporters and all said that no such event was happening:
No, Texas hasn't been invaded

Part of the exaggeration may have come from an FBI report that the Zetas bought a ranch in Texas

One other site where native Texans in the Laredo area post laughed at it and said the site was "Nuevo Laredo", which is Mexican territory (across the Rio Grande) and not "Laredo, Texas."

The story was yanked from at least one blog (presumably after the writer found the information was false?)

I did look at Mexican news sources (in Spanish). There's been some recent captures of Zetas in Nuevo Laredo,

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Well,if so, the a nice, productive farm, will be transformed into a dead, stripped hulk, growing NOTHING, within 18 months. THIS, I got First-hand, from a friend in Namibia.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

THANK YOU!!! I did "have a feeling", this was simply sensationalism. But- we ARE STILL BEING INVADED!!!!! I PLAN ON VACATIONING, in Arizona, this Sept.. Maybe, do a little hunting....

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
here in arizona they took one look at sheriff joe's 50 cal. and scurried back across the border.. j.t. ready and the other tough guys are down there running ops.
risking skinhead melanoma..
a couple drones went up -so far- and thats where this is headed.-
just like the porous borders of afhganistan and pakistan where smugglers roost.
drones will be cheaper, safer, more effective. smaller, weaponized ,invisible.
put some sharp boy scouts on it. x box 360 whizz kids..

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer

Second, I cant imagine why in the world the cartels would do this. What do they have to gain?

Some ppl have been whipped into a nationalistic frenzy over a
return of land they feel was stolen from them.

Just as the CIA uses drugs to fund its operations the Zetas
took a page from the CIA handbook.

Their goal is well known.

Not all hispanics want this or follow it, but most of those who marched
in the streets of LA do.

The members of La Raza " aka The Race " feel this way but in public
say they do not support these terrorists, but in fact they do.

One of their leaders sits on the US supreme court now.

www.freerepublic.com...

What most hispanics do not know is she had to step down
from her place in Belizean Grove to get appointment.

en.wikipedia.org...

This is just one aspect of the 2nd civil war that is coming.

Try to get any defensive actions on vid tape as the liberal courts
are going to try to frame you as a racist.

Hide a 2nd copy of the tape or data as some LEO's will destroy
or lose your tape and seize it after the event.

Have a backup, there are corrupt elements looking to subvert justice.

Make sure you can justify all actions as self defense or you
will find yourself in jail or worse.

Prepare accordingly...

Good Luck to you all !

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I hate reading through 8 pages of a hoax thread when it isn't even marked hoax. Clearly nothing in this story is true so why not put it in the proper place? If i had know it was all false wouldn't have wasted my time reading it.

Edit: for spelling.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by dthwraith]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Desolate Cancer

Perhaps the better question would be:

What does the US have to gain from ginned up emotions about closing the border?

Which then begs the follow-up question:

Has this nation reached a calculated point (at least insofar as concerns the bottom line of the main corporations) whereby the US population has been sufficiently "thirdworldized" so as to no longer require the services of the Mexican jornalero/day-laborer/bracero (a.k.a. illegals)?

My comment on this would be to look at Afghanistan and how well that is going and then reconsider how you (not the poster I've cited; the OP and others with his/her sentiment) approach this situation. Do we really If drug cartels can be proxies for their government, then I suppose this is an act of war. However, I believe the logical way to look at this is as another event in the insanity of the drug war, which is not so much a war on drugs, but rather a war on the inner-city poor of this nation, on the poor farmers in other countries (Colombia, Afghanistan, etc.) and a war on the addict.

The saying goes: "don't hate the sinner, hate the sin," or something to that effect. The drug war attacks the "sinner" and profits from the "sin". Not exactly Christian...but we never implied that our government was Christian, have we? Oh wait...

The Zetas are incidental...a side effect of a larger problem. I know I'll get flack for this, but they are also victims in this war. They probably came up in the poverty of a Mexico devoid of substance. They are probably children of ex-farmers, who, due to NAFTA no longer have their small plots of land. They have probably seen their options restricted to maquiladoras (factories placed on the south side of the border to secure better wages (at least from the corporation's perspective).

Just look at the following map: State-by-state breakdown of homicide in Mexico

Looking at the map, where are homicides the most rampant? Not in the center of the nation, except for the populous areas around the capital and other big cities like Guadalajara. The highest stats are along the border with the US between California and El Paso, TX. The drug corridor...why would that be then? Let's think rationally. Should we be mad at Mexico for violence spilling over into our borders (considering that crime is down in San Diego, El Paso, and Phoenix), or should Mexicans be concerned that our Drug War has created a violent situation throughout their northwestern territory that sits on our border?

Consider:

El Paso safe big city

FBI shows Phx, San Diego, E.P. and Austin are safe

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
An event like this would be the last thing the current democratic administration would want. How would they be able to support their attacks on the Arizona law? How would they push Amnesty?

If there was such an occurrence, it would be blacked-out with the full cooperation of the media.

If it was a staged event, it wouldn't be performed by the southpaws.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lhuhikwdwoo
No, they are not the official government, but the precedent has been laid for military intervention when another country is not wiling or capable of keeping it's militants confined to their borders. The latter certainly applies in this case. Depending on how the Obama administration and the Mexican government are allowed to handle this, this could be a good thing for Mexico, or a very bad thing.

The precedent is set, but thats with neighbours your not friendly with and they refuse to try and stop the rebels and the neighbouring country realizes the only way to stop the insurgents is to remove the government as well.

This is not the case with Mexico and the USA. Mexico is trying their best and is allowing the US to aid them, in the end they will cooperate and work together to remove any threat. Like any war, lots of deaths and bad things will happen before it goes away, so dont get all riled up over something you cant control and trust that those responsible will take care of it. If you think you can do better, join politics, become a leader and show us the way.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This is why drugs should be legalized. I'm not condoning drug use, but I see this as the best alternative. Before I get hated on for saying this please do some research.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
One other site where native Texans in the Laredo area post laughed at it and said the site was "Nuevo Laredo", which is Mexican territory (across the Rio Grande) and not "Laredo, Texas."

...lol, yep, funny how lots of folks overlooked that OBVIOUS screw up in lieu of believing morons...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CUin2013?
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that close to the Alamo?

Just saying.

Laredo and Nuevo Laredo are one city on the border that is
divided by the national boundary.

Crossing at this point without ID is not very hard if you are creative.

Lately there has been gun battles on the Mexican side that were
so bad they told all the residence to stay in doors.

This event may have happened on the Mexican side vs. the US side
and someone saw the word Laredo and though the US side.

Might be lies, might be just ignorance, might be true.

We might find out after the dust settles.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

Yup, there is. This is not a news story. It is a completely unconfirmed rumor. No need for you to get enraged.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

The FBI report I am reffering to is about a week old and is based on specific intel recieved in the last month.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Looks like the cartels are going be needing some drug deasling space when all that agani heroin comes in that the U.S is protecting?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I've followed this off and on all day. Two versions, and the truth may be somewhere in the middle, but just as troubling.
1. Wild ass Zetas are redoing ol Pancho Villa's raid on Columbus, N.M.
2. Two ranch owners got into a serious argument, and either left or were carted off. No word from either of these.
3. My take is that maybe rancher 1 espied rancher 2 doing something seriously untowards, and got rough. So then some cartel boys dropped in as "BACKUPS" for their side of the fracus. Or just possibly, both ranchers got some manana land backups from their opposing groups. The posts about the bad boys being crazy to pop up here, only work if it's only expeditionery. If they have to drop in to take care of business, guess what? If I was LEO in Laredo, I'd take my time in breaking this one up too.
Think what a mess it could be for squad cars if these commandos were evacuated by armed helos, and they really shot things up on the way back out. The Villistas did pretty good in Columbus, until they set the town on fire. Then the U.S. troops could pick up the Mexicans profiled against the flames, and that's when the U.S. started biting back. IMO, an air evac tips things in favor of the bad guys. And that goes for any cross border incursions. What good are dragon teeth or steel baricades really going to be in "The Next One"? Please consider what happens when the squad cars are torched and helos with IR can highlight our LEO's against their flaming cruisers. I think that goes all the way back to the Villista raid on Columbus, N.M., nearly a hundred years ago.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I live in Texas not far from Laredo and can tell you in all honesty that this news article is a complete fabrication of the facts. This woman went with a story that she wasn't even really sure was true thought it would take her out of paper and put her in the anchor spotlight, sorry to disappoint you all.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Yeah this one is pretty much debunked.

From a tactical analysis this makes no sense anyway. For Los Zetas, the smartest thing for them to be doing in the US is be low profile. Not getting noticed by local LE is good, doing reckless overt action is bad. That's how they get caught.

Comm

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join