It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killed by harmless animals ? Predictions or easily explained, and much more...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Warning up front... Topic has been damaged by summertime vibes, or sabotage.

Hi ATS I've recently read a thread where there was said that at the end of days people would get killed by animals.

Strange ? Well... not really, if you would ask me that is. Man is a weak species compared to almost all animals..
Yes really we are...

Now I don't really know if this thread should be in this or the predictions forum, but I'll leave that to the mod's

Today an article in one of the Dutch leading newspapers De Telegraaf.

A Latvian man got killed while he was rescuing his pregnant wife... By a Swan. The article (in Dutch)

We have probably all heard of the killer whale or orca ( More about killer whales in this thread. Orcas are more than one species, gene study shows) that killed its trainer.

Source.

My thoughts tell me that this Orca has some mental issues. Orcas or Killer whales know exactly what death is and they morn about their losses. Really... Don't believe me ? Look it up. ( Google
)

What I'm talking about are not all those stupid people that risk their lives by placing their head in between the jaws of well known carnivorous animals, like a crocodile or alligator, and even the unlucky encounters of people like Steve Irwin that got killed by a stingray because he got stung in or around the heart from a sting most people would survive from anywhere else on the body.

Recently an article about the Taliban who were training monkeys to do their dirty work.
A thread on it can be read right here. Monkeys trained as battlefield killers in Afghanistan

These things always happen to cross my path every time I've read about something that says "It has been predicted long ago... "Or at least so they tell me... I'm a pretty lazy guy, so sue me if I don't question everything... The fact is, if I did that I wouldn't have time to live my life. That has already proven to be quite a quest, ever since I got introduced with ATS that is.

Of course the assistance of animals is not very original anyways... I mean a dog was once a wolf and a very wild and dangerous predator. I insist try to go head on with a bunch of buffaloes and you will start to wonder how our early ancestors got all of our ( always taken for granted. ) assistance. Cause back then the assistance came from wild and ferocious herbivores.
Instead of the fully domesticated variety of animals that surround us today.

You probably did not now that a lot of killings that occur are done by plant eating animals !? Like hippos. The most dangerous animals top 10 list hold more non predatory animals then is comfortable IMO.

Well... It can be that I'm on the look out for these kinds of articles shortly after I read something that says "Its predicted ! " and it is all more about a mental thing anyways... Who knows for sure ?

Please feel free to add your own amazing story about people getting killed by animals that are usually harmless

That would make an interesting read. Don't you think ?

Stories like dogs chewing on the the remains of their former owners or something... With the catch of course those owners were not entirely death when they started being chewed on.

Like this story. Full face transplant 'a success'

This is a nasty link to a site that offers pictures of dead and rescued people from dog attacks.
Warning ! This site links to pictures that leave no room for your imagination to fill the gap.
Link to site.

I'm wondering of topic... So lets head back to it.

What always tickles my senses are these so called "predictions" that are told to be happening right now, as we speak. That we are living in the age of these old stuff that is happening right now.
I think it is fascinating because one side of me goes like,
OMDL ( Oh my dear lord
) This can't be happening...
While my other side, which I've heard from a friend of a friend who is related to a friend of my cousin

that this is supposed to be the logical side. These attacks are meaningless and they have happened all the time, in the past the present and I hope they will far away in the future to. ( Only because if they don't, it would probably mean there are no animals left to attack us, cause we killed them all. Read about it here. The Shocking Reality of Modern Day Extinction.)

Because lets face it without our intelligence ( That isn't even that special anyway anymore. New studies prove this. Read about it here. Humans. Not so special after all ! Intelligence in animals and evolution ? ) Yes really... Without our opposable thumbs it would even be pretty useless... Our precious intelligence.

We are so far away from being a strong and well equipped species. We would be an easy lunch for most predators. Fortunately the meat on our bones is well... Sparsely spread.

Then their is our current technological ability, to hear about everything happening all over the world in an instance all the time. ( Where my experience is that ATS is the quickest way to get lots of stuff 3 days and sometimes even up to a week in advance then our MSM gets us posted.
)

How much of our new abilities can wave away our old predictions ? because of this simple but very real and firm holding explanation ? What is there left from any prediction ? When you place these under a simple test of technological advancement ?

I think there are a lot of new questions when you do this, because for every old prediction to be explained, you'll have to start asking yourself... Hey what the ??? How did they know ?

Could it be...?
Was there some time long ago in human history, before the times talked about our old scriptures. ( pre flood ) A civilization technological advanced enough to have a similar way of knowing everything...? By almost anyone...

The time was and has been plenty full, to house several ancient civilizations that could have left the earth and now travel among the stars... Or live in the inner earth for that matter

There is just one thing... Where is the evidence ?
Well it only took us 150 years to this point we are right now. Where a century ago there has lived a genius with the name of Tesla, that had discovered the solution for our current difficulties on our addiction to natural resources. So I'm told...

That looks to me that any technological advanced culture, not only would have the capability to erase their tracks, but would not even have the same addiction to our natural resources as we have.
Which are the two most repeated answers from skeptics I've heard.

Haha.

I already said I was wondering of topic, so I've made the choice to post this in skunk works.
Cause even I did not have a clue that I would go as far as taking human history in to discussion.

In my defense... I has been a warm long and warm day and this has been the first time this week I was able to share my thoughts on ATS. So Why not a lot of them in one single thread.

Ohh... And 2 or maybe even 4 cold beverages

So to wrap it all up. I'd like to wish you people that have the privilege to be enjoying a well deserved holiday. ( Cause it always is well deserved
) have a good time and try to take some of that hard earned rest instead of stressing out to get somewhere, somehow... Just RELAX a little.
Smile a little and take that extra time in a row at the groceries to chat a little instead of being up tied, cause you have to wait so long.

Slow down ! Smile ! Love ! and

For those still hard working employees or just die hards and even those who just don't have the choice or the luxury to have, be , or take some time of.
Like me
( I already spend my time and do to unforeseen circumstances and a really bad timing I did not get the chance to enjoy it )
Good luck during those long and warm hours.
They will soon be over and chaos will return to the workplace and you can kiss the traffic jam free freeways good bye
The relative quite offices and all those difficult and demanding people will soon make the few good things melt away like an ice cream in the hot baking sun. to you all. Love and enjoy the silence.

I hope hope you all enjoyed my words and that they hold a thing ( or maybe two ) to think about for a while.

PS
For all the people currently at our planets southern hemisphere. :cheers to you all to.

Have a nice day.

~ Sinter

[edit on 7/24/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Very cool post SK! Who knew the smallest (mosquito) would be the deadliest? I am intrigued with the abilities of the mighty hippo. 20 inch canines, 4ft jaw extension and 2000 ppsi biting power, wow!
I think animals have much more intelligence and sentience than most give credit to, and so it is no wonder that they too can get fed up and pushed to the edge, retaliating the way nature designed it to.....effective and efficiently. I am reminded of the male elephants in captivity that attack their trainers.

Pardon the subtle digression but I ran across this vid too on a hippo showing compassion for another species after it was attacked....amazing!!

Peace

Edit To Add -
Found some info on biting power of various animals:

Macaw: 200 psi
Tasmanian devil:418psi
Orca: 7,500-10,000 psi
Cheetah:472 psi
Great barracuda: 50 psi
Lion:1014 psi
Grizzly bear: 1,800 psi
Mako Shark: 8000 psi
Humans: 600 psi
Crocodiles 5000 psi
Pit Bull : 200 psi
Hyena: 1000 psi
Alligator Snapping Turtle: 1500 psi
Hippo: 2000 psi

spec

[edit on 24-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Thank you very much.

I always think it is astonishing to read or see about animals and their abilities, regarding strength and more important their intelligence.

I've also seen the video with the hero hippopotamus. To bad that the calf didn't make it.
But hey what do you expect ? Precision mouth to mouth reanimation and the jaws of godzilla. I do think it's a great video and one of the most beautiful examples of animal empathy available.

I'm glad you liked it. Since the thread isn't really a one topic issue.

PS
I never knew that the hippo had a 200 psi biting power.
For another win in the next quiz I play with that particular question. It's massive and I would not like to experience it.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Birds Of Prey Attack People

yikes!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Freaky !

My understanding is that birds like that only attack joggers that come to close to their nesting site and thus only happens during that time of the year.

I did not get that from the news video. But it's late or better said early right now, so it could be just me.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
What about this one.

Navigational problem or a kill and attack scene...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

What about this one.

A few thoughts come to mind:
1) the whale considered the boat a threat and made a dominant move
2) the whale was attempting a playful interaction
3) the whale got word from the whale community that they were being hunted aggressively again, and this whale performed an action of communal vengeance against people.
Edit To Add - 4) the whale could be trying to eat someone too!

I have no doubts most if not all animals have a breaking point of frustration, that could come as a result of agitation or excitement or even from embarrassment. Who knows how deep the sentience and intelligence goes when it comes to whales.

spec

[edit on 25-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   

I suspect quite deep.

We give a part of the Cetacean species a 5 on the intelligence scale and we are said to be a 7 and Chimps only a 2 or 3.

However ever since the Cetacean family returned to the seas, their brains have evolved different from ours. With IMO the most important add on, the ability to live in a 3 dimensional environment...

Their brains are often much bigger and their frontal brain matter is way different from ours.
So who knows how intelligent they really can be... ?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
wow what a great thread

now that you mention it ,here in US we actually get killed by animals a lot and not all attacks are successful

I can't find the article but years ago in Washington state a 60 year old man walking on a road was attacked by a cougar (a wild cat not a woman) anyway he killed it with a pocket knife! He was badly injured and made it to a filling station ,told his story ,which they were very skeptical of and drove back to where he said it happened and sure enough there was the dead cougar

in Africa Chimpanzees regularly steal an kill human infants ,they eat their faces first. a mystery of Chimp behavior that personally disgusts me

lots of people her get attacked by Bears years ago there was a news story about how a 93 year old woman sleeping in her house in a suburban neighborhood was killed by a bear! I thought wow here this woman has seen our culture go from horse and buggy the the computer age and yet she dies this paleolithic death.

that's just a few,I would love to read that swan attack in English

I have been attacked by geese and they are no joke they have serrations in there mouths that resemble teeth and they leave horrible marks and they punch with their wing s left huge bruises on me

also I had a large savage rooster ,I was terrified of him and he was perfectly capable in the right circumstance of killing me, one he actually knocked me down I was climbing my porch stairs and he took me out at the knees and down I went!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

also I had a large savage rooster

Ha ha, my friend has one of those named Burl Haggard and that sucka is intimidating! He runs up out of nowhere and sinks his, I forgot what ya call em', but it's upper leg claws, and they are sharp! He flies up to your chest, pushing you away. Even the dogs give him right of way!

I just found this vid on a squirrel gettin, well a bit "squirrly." Listen to him grunting! They must of stole his nuts or something!

spec

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I've been "bitten" by two ladybugs this summer! Wasn't deadly, but aren't those things coveted residents for any garden? Supposed to be friendly, and pretty, and keep away mites and other more harmful bugs? THEY BITE! It hurts worse than a mosquito!

My son got bitten by an inchworm this summer as well! Little green worm on a thread of silk, he was playing and the thing bit him and made him cry! And he loves bugs. He plays with them all the time, even spiders. He doesn't overreact.

Inchworms and Ladybugs are biting regular folks now?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Those stats can't be right? A pit bull at 200 psi and a human at 600 psi? I have seen my pit bite cleanly through a 1 inch tree branch whereas I can barely put teeth marks in it. I have also been bitten by him as we play, and I have bitten him back, and it is understood that he bites harder than I do! We now have an agreement to not bite each other.

An orca greater than a shark or a crocodile? With that giant mouth of theirs? I don't believe that list is accurate. Not denying the danger of any of those animals, I just think the ranking is a little off. I have seen slow-mo video of crocodiles and bears and sharks clamping down, and there is no way an Orca compares to that biting speed.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Hey gra, I think the Orca trumps because of the size of it's jaw. Here are some source links:
en.allexperts.com...

Here's an interesting note concerning the forces that you can put on your teeth. Normal chewing places about 68 lbs/sq inch of pressure on the back teeth. If you intentionally clench your teeth you may increase that force to about 150 lbs/sq inch. However, an individual who clenches and grinds their teeth subconsciously at night can place up 1200 lbs/sq inch of force. That sounds like an industrial grinding machine!

www.dental--health.com...

The highest pressure recorded from the Pit Bull was 235 lbs PSI. The
highest from the GSD was 238, and the highest from the Rott was 328.
Dr. Barr states that as far as he knows, the PSI tested in the Rott is the
highest on record for any domestic canine.

www.realpitbull.com...

I have found some discrepancies after cross referencing, but these are the averages after doing so.

Peace

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Thanks! That is a surprise, but thanks for checking and verifying and posting!

Any word on Lady Bugs?
I am serious, one got me Saturday while I was mowing, it was on my upper arm, and it really hurt! It bit like a horsefly bites. It wasn't red ladybug though. It was a brownish color with the same black spots. I once ate a ladybug on my sandwich by accident. I don't know if these last couple of bites were retribution, but I am pretty sure ladybugs are not supposed to bite.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Watchout for that LadyBug karma!

It seems the Asian Lady beetle variety does bite. They are more orange/brownish in color with more spots than a ladybug.

spec

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

also I had a large savage rooster

Ha ha, my friend has one of those named Burl Haggard and that sucka is intimidating! He runs up out of nowhere and sinks his, I forgot what ya call em', but it's upper leg claws, and they are sharp! He flies up to your chest, pushing you away. Even the dogs give him right of way!

I just found this vid on a squirrel gettin, well a bit "squirrly." Listen to him grunting! They must of stole his nuts or something!

spec

ha LOL we called ours Velocirooster!

[edit on 7/26/2010 by MrsBlonde]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

Watchout for that LadyBug karma!

It seems the Asian Lady beetle variety does bite. They are more orange/brownish in color with more spots than a ladybug.

spec

That is the critter! Thanks. At least I know that I am not crazy. I swear it was an accidental ingestion. It landed on my sandwich just as I bit down, and it crunched before I could react. It was a sad occurence, and a great sandwich, so I swallowed her, and ate the rest of my sandwich.

Thanks for the pic!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
oh here are a few of my favs

your worst nightmare?

Holy Smokes!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I love the Discovery Channel. The Hippos that kill humans are the ones stupid enough to think these large pigs, that's the family they are from, actually notice you. They don't and you get stomped. That's one BIG stomp.

Here in North America the most dangerous animal to humans are deer. When you're traveling at speed, you sure make a mess of them but you get messed up too.

As to the swan or rooster, remember where you are on the food chain. Go AT them, don't run and put the livin boots to them. They'll get the hint.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Damn that dude got jacked by the horse!!! Did you hear that sound? I am willing to bet hie jaw and teeth got cracked! Did you see him walk away a bit dazed? I bet he never slaps a horse on the butt again!

The walrus one....yikes! That thing is a humongous!!! I hope the cars it smashes are somewhat an isolated event, because it almost seems like people are bringing in cars for it to smash, can't really tell. Powerful though!

Koo Koo Kachoo!

Peace

top topics

<<   2 >>

join