It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will The REAL Christians Please Stand Up?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Re: Gorman91

Not quite sure I follow you, as it seems your direction wander about somewhat.

IF you're serious (could be humour on your part), from where do you have this very definite 'info' you presented. The Book of Confusion, Stargate or ...? Maybe it would do well to support your opinions.

In any case your postulates are in direct contradiction of some of the more PRAGMATIC experiences from some serious religions and with some western controlled observations.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Re: No King but Jesus

There are all kinds of different experiences from all over the planet, depending on religion and culture in general. And until a comparative study has been made on the similarities between them, I do not find evidence enough to point out ONE religion as THE religion.

Besides, what has that to do with your bible citations. You can't possibly be in a position, where you personally can verify all those more or less abstract bible-extracts. In my opinion you're still trying to push christianity.

It's debatable if 'god' (creator, demiurge etc) made 'foolish wisdom of the world', but various christian groups certainly have done their best to keep mankind in ignorance. Anybody need examples?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

With respect Gorman,. What l was trying to say was, had mankind lived by the laws/commandments that god gave to Moses these wars that you speak of would never have come about. so many of us think we know the ten laws and a lot of us can quote them verbatum, but how many of us actually live by them. We have had over three thousand years since those laws were given and 2,000yrs since God sent his son to remind us of them. Still we never really listened. Had we, the world we now live in would be a very different place. lf you reread them, then you only have to close your eyes and you will be able to see a paradise on earth. Just think if each person respected the other. Nobody stole. no one killed. coveting just didnt exist . No adultery thats without all the rest. How different this world and the people on it would be. imagine having , 2,000yrs to perfect it, the wars you speak of would never have happened nor would we be planning more killing. Honor thy father and thy mother, need l go on. l think Jesus will be more than a little disapointed dont you. l am not a christian, and l am not trying in any way to preach to anyone, these are just observations l have made. Peace Starchild

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by star child

Sure the world would be better. That's why Jesus came down and simplified it. Because it was already easy, but humans were too retarded to know better. So he went and made it better. God also pretty much said he ain't touching humanity till the second coming because we are so retarded.

reply to post by bogomil

Super serious. I am a simple follower of what Jesus preached. Christian as much as it can be said. Stargate is an excellent example of the situation. The ancients are just like God. God cannot believe how profoundly retarded humanity is, so he just left the door open rather than say anything more after Jesus. Door's open. Jesus gave you the path. Go or not, doesn't much matter to God. I pray for those I know who are not Christian knowing God will hear it and maybe change his mind.

Love in the style of what Jesus preached is love which desires the best situation for someone. That means, if some one is being dumb, you let him have his hissy fit then talk to him when he falls. If he still does not listen, not much more you can do but remind him every time he falls what is the way to stop falling. If he persists till death, he never really was meant for God and the only hope is to pray for his salvation.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

well I really don't know what to leave you with other than I was one of the wildest natural multiblooded garanimals in the forest and whatever you can think of that was fun or bad I did it, and then one night sitting on the sofa and as soon as I began to open a NT an audible voice said "myname, I am Jesus"-and years later see all that written in the scriptures, so I figure probably best to let people know for various reasons

[edit on by No King but Jesus]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Re: Gorman

You seem to be a decent guy, one of the christians I wouldn't mind having around. What I like most about your version is, that you don't stress predestination or other theocratic options in christianity. Predestination being a sure sign of the mighty smiters with flaming swords and nice inquisitional burnings for 'peoples' own good'.

That you pray for people is unlikely to hurt or interfere with anyones life.

It's not that I share your religion or its doctrines. Far from it. But that's not important; what's important is, that you probably wouldn't toast anyone, so I would like to nominate you as a 'real' christian, which is what this thread really is about.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

So if God left us alone because we were so retarded all those many years ago, what on earth will he do when his son returns and discovers we are far more retarded than he thought we were back then. Raise us up to heaven to live forever with him. You really think a perfect God will want to spend eternity with a bunch of retards? l think NOT. PEACE

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Re: No King but Jesus

Hi, and thanks for leaving out the sermon-part and for trying to produce some evidence.

Even though I don't quite make the connection between the sentence "myname, I'm Jesus" and ..... years later you see 'ALL' that written in the scriptures ('all that' what?), I respect your personal experience for what it is, but not how you interpretate it.

I've had a similar experience myself (lasting hours, visual and auditive) also containing a very strong christian element, but as this situation developed (altogether it lasted some 30 hours) it became apparant, that the 'christian' aspect turned out to be a rather genesis-like blood-and-gore activity; not the compassion taught in the gospels.

I have no doubts, that many people around the planet have this kind of experience, but considering the extremely varying interpretations (individual interpretation starting already at the perception level), the eagerness of drawing farreaching conclusions from relatively limited information surprises me.

My most likely explanation is, that mankind is exposed to some kind of cosmic scam (including the machinations on and by early christianity) and while such experiences definitely are paranormal, there's absolutely no garantee, that it's spiritual or even support any claims by specific religions.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Re: Star child

The original gnostics proposed, that the whole universe was an 'error' made by a creator who himself was somewhat 'retarded'.

Such a model would explain quite a few things, and make the question of an 'omniscient' god unnecessary.

So maybe a 'real' christian could be gospel-gnostic oriented (Jesus family had some strong gnostic contacts. See John the baptist).

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Interesting point and something that I've thought about quite often. Why did God make rules that would limit our lifestyle such as telling us not to steal, lie or cheat? Well the way I see it there are two reasons, one is so that we don't mess up our own lives and the other reason is so that heaven can remain a paradise the way that God intended it to be.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

actually assumed you may have read it fully in other post-the voice said as if sitting on my left-"my name, I am Jesus I died for your sins believe in Me and you will never perish-

I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.-John5.25

when Paul first believed-suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. 4He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?"
5"Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked. "I am Jesus-Acts9

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.-2Cor5.14

Christ has indeed been raised from the dead-1Cor15.20

the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."-Rev19.10

At that time his voice shook the earth, but now he has promised, "Once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens."-Heb12.26

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Wow thats great, l love Stargate, thanks for putting it up, lve not seen those before.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by prophecywatcher

l think l understand what you mean, forgive me if l have lt wrong. l dont think God was trying to limit us in any way, lf he was then why would he have given us Freewill? surely that would have been counterproductive on his part. l think the Laws/commandments were given as a strict set of rules and if each Law was followed we would eventualy end up living in a heaven on earth. God has, in my humble opinion, given us the oppotunity to decide for ourselfs. He gave us the blueprint to create a heaven or create a hell. Just stop and think. We have the technology to make a lazer capable of destroying the world, yet that same technology can remove a cataract and enable a blind person to see. The money, no, a fraction of the money spent on HAARP would mean that all the people in the world that needed Lazer surgery could be cured and would be whole again. Through our own freewill we have chosen the path of arrogance, negligence, envy and greed by ignoring the whole foundation of the blueprint God handed to us lts such a shame. l am not a christian but l do believe in God. l dont quite see him as christians do. The god l believe in is extremely wise,and a Just God. Fear of him has been created by the controllers of most religions, that gives them power over the people, Not God. We had the chance of heaven, yet we chose to create a hell. How Sad. Peace Starchild

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Note that Jesus and the apostles were not “Christians”. That term was first used at Antioch and invented by the heathens to address this new group emerging on the scene. The word Christian was invented by the heathen not to be used admirably but as a reproach.

The righteous sheep at the return of the Son of Man to judge the nations are not “Christians”. They did not remember doing anything in service to the King when they say,

“Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’”

“Christians” would know exactly what the King was referring to and wouldn’t have to ask these questions.

Now on the other hand, the goats placed on his left can be interpreted to be “Christians” when they say:

“’Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ And these will go away into everlasting punishment…”

Notice the goats even said, “minister to You…” These are those who say they knew Him, these are “Christians.”

And again in the following”

“Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’”

These goats are “Christians.”

I wouldn’t want to be a “REAL” Christian.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

I see no point in torture or persecution of people's faiths. It is a complete contradiction to both free will and salvation. Man is flawed, and therefore such actions are guaranteed to kill innocents. And as God said, he would save Sodom and Gomorrah but for a handful of good people. Even if there was some psychopathic ideal and all the sinful nonbelievers died at the hands of the inquisition but one of them was an innocent man woman or child, then they have damned their whole campaign to failure by God for his good name will destroy their cause. And we do not live in ideal times. It is very likely that all of the ones they persecuted were innocent, and for that they must be damned but for their pleas if they realize their wrongs.

God is perfectly just. If for nothing else, the crusades prove that.

I pray for all I know and even I do not know. When I go to sleep and pray, I always open with "Please God watch over and protect me from all the evil things and harmful things of and in this world and beyond and please God watch over and protect all my friends and family and all I know and love of and in this world and beyond from all the evil things and harmful things of and in this world and beyond."

A simple prayer that almost certainly gets most if not everything out there.

As to the idea of God being imperfect, then he would do the logical thing and remain with us and never leave. There's some reason he won't come down for a beer or something face to face. To me, it's simple. And yea, Stargate had it too. Basically, out of fear of what Mankind would take out of context, there is a strict non interventionist policy in the public eye. Faith would really be the only way to weed out the liars, and the faithful would pray for the unsaved. simple system really. God leaves salvation in the hands of ourselves. He simply judges it all. Like a separation of powers. A judge cannot kill someone or do something like that before a case is closed. He simply judges and approves the punishment. God's constitution has it all worked out. Simply seek follow and believe. It's really best explained in Stargate with ascension.

That's called Grace. And no matter how dumb you are in this world, and I am definably part of it, there is a simple solution. Just accept Jesus, follow the Golden rule of Jesus, teach it, live it, and get others to live it, you will be saved. Then intelligence won't matter at all, considering the physical limitations of the body will be gone.

Stargate is like Christianity for nerds. I honestly would not be surprised to find the whole dang thing based on Abrahamic religions.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Yes, Gorman, and with Grace comes Great wisdom. Peace Starchild.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I started this post as a response to the thread “Will the real Christians please stand up?” At the time I started writing it, there were already over 4 pages of replies. By the time I finished, there were enough replies to where I felt that my post would simply be lost within the ongoing argument.
Therefore, I’ve decided to post my reply as its own thread, in the hopes of making more of a statement, than debate for an argument.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

I started the thread last night and it seems to have died before I even woke up this morning. I can't say I'm surprised, but I do think that my post is relevant to this thread and hopefully will be read by more than two people.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Originally posted by No King but Jesus
reply to post by awake_and_aware

real issue? hmm was Israel destroyed as a Nation?

Whats Israel got to do with this argument or your argument for God? Injustice and war is happening over there and elsewhere, people still live together and fight together, people still are opressed by the religiously intolerant.

No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.-Luke16.13

1, i don't believe in any God, 2. i'm not a servant 3. i don't serve money 4. money is a tool, not a god. 4. See how quote mining gets you no-where?

For the nation or kingdom that will not serve you will perish; it will be utterly ruined.-Is60.12

Nonsense, goverments provide a service to the people, and the people elect governors to make decisions for them, its a democracy (at least in my country and america), the more popular a governor becomes, the more likely he/she is to become succsessful and for his or her policies to come into affect.

Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, "Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand.-Matt12.25

Ok, i don't believe or frankly care about Jesus so...

Every kingdom is divided, countries are divided yet cities are still held together by the economy, by social values, by goverments, corrupt or progressive, even by tribes.

They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God's coming to you."-Luke19.44

No they won't and again, i don't believe in God

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations-Matt28.19

I will make friends and spread peace to other humans, Will i spread the word of the bible and demand people submit? no thanks, thats wrong.

got neighbors, children and fellowcountrymens best interest in mind?

Yup, i care about society, democracy, our rights as humans, or our man given rights to stop opression of people (gays, women, blacks) I care about justice, law and order, reason and rationalism.

It seems what the religious care about is
1) opressing peoples beliefs and thoughts
2) telling them how to live their life
3) quoting the bible as a measure of argument, and rationalism 4) praying to an unprovable God, they don't even know if they're praying to anything at all.

5)

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations-Matt28.19
And spreading the lies and control across the globe, they don't have a problem with that.

Please think before you spout religious babbel from over 1000 years ago.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by star child

So if God left us alone because we were so retarded all those many years ago, what on earth will he do when his son returns and discovers we are far more retarded than he thought we were back then. Raise us up to heaven to live forever with him. You really think a perfect God will want to spend eternity with a bunch of retards? l think NOT. PEACE

haaa haa ha ha ha ha haaaaaaa, dang that's funny, and it totally caught me off guard.
Seriously though, God is omniscient, so He already knows we're retarded and can't act right no matter how hard we try. Not for any significant length of time anyway.
If not for grace and mercy, I would be completely useless. Believe 'dat.
God knows how ignorant I can be sometimes, and loves me anyway.
The hardest part is making myself believe that everyday.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

please research a little more in depth before you babble about what you obviously are unaware, do you think your hatred does not provide proof?- YOU are a house divided, peace is lipservice for you, a mere popular pc term, and about serving money-may want to look at your avatar again and the scriptures at bottom

If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words-Matt10.14

If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first-John15.18

whoever fails to find me harms himself; all who hate me love death.-Prov8.36

Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life in him.-1John3.15

These are the Scriptures that testify about me-John5.39

firstborn among many brothers.-Rom8.29

he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit.-1Cor6.17

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free.-Gal5.1

These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the fulfillment of the ages has come.-1Cor10.11

You have never heard his voice nor seen his form-John5.37

While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.-1Thess5.3

In that day there will be an altar to the LORD in the heart of Egypt, and a monument to the LORD at its border.-Is19.19

Jesus said to them, "Have you never read in the Scriptures: " 'The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone ; the Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes' ?-Matt21.42

See, the stone I have set in front of Joshua! There are seven eyes on that one stone, and I will engrave an inscription on it,' says the LORD Almighty, 'and I will remove the sin of this land in a single day.-Zech3.9

On each side of the river stood the tree of life-Rev22.2

His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace-Eph2.15

in Christ we who are many form one body-Rom12.5

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join