It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will The REAL Christians Please Stand Up?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God.-Rev20.4

But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken.-Matt12.36

For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead.-Acts17.31

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

I have to say, you might have missed your calling there parallex. You should have been a comedian! I very much enjoyed your postings, don't stop now!

Best regards,
Liberty

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

Thanks for that. Keep praying, keep reading those words, keep yourself distracted from real issues.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Why do we allow a small minority to dictate to and represent the larger majority?

[8] Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. [9] "All this I will give you," he said, "if you will bow down and worship me." [10] Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.'" [11] Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him. Matt 4:1

It seems to be that, like any good sales man, Satan continues this offer to those that will accept it within all organizations.

To broaden the discussion beyond an us/them debate, I would encourage the readers to apply the question to all forms of life. With few exceptions that masses are governed by the few in all walks of life, human or otherwise.

Christianity is the government of faith as the political arena is the government of global citizens.

Christ is the blueprint. Not everyone is born with a soul and not everyone that was is taking the time to nurture it.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

I'm Christian. And no not the sun cult. There are probably gnostic there. But these were very very early churches in Syria. Outside of Rome and far away.

Jesus was real and there's plenty of evidence. I always ask this because I know you will state it, but why was Josephus a bad source? Because that's one I'll use too.

Con artists came from Rome and Rome alone. There were half a dozen various groups that slowly merged into Christianity. All legit, all with their leaders. Christianity simple became the most influential and so controlled the others, a la America's revolution and how the North States became more influential and eventually a split occurred because of it.

Now if you'd like to find some sort of actual fact that Jesus did not exist, I'd be happy to talk about. But I have facts that show Jesus existed. So here I would be the evolutionist and you would be the creationist without facts.

And yea I'm probably a fundie. Whatever. Don't much care for labels, though if you read the federal records it would say I'm Catholic, if it even matters.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

real issue? hmm was Israel destroyed as a Nation?

No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.-Luke16.13

For the nation or kingdom that will not serve you will perish; it will be utterly ruined.-Is60.12

Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, "Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand.-Matt12.25

They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God's coming to you."-Luke19.44

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations-Matt28.19

got neighbors, children and fellowcountrymens best interest in mind?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by etcorngods

.... And quoting that mumbo-jumbo from the Bible makes you a moron.

Wow.

I give an explanation to the OP using scripture (which I have studied for years) and my own thoughts and observation.

That was the best you could do?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex

Click here for more information.

Finally ! ....thanks MODS. That is a happy end.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Trueman]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Re to all scripture quoters:

You have put yourself in the position of one-way communication. Scripture flows out in an endless stream from your tunnel-reality, nothing goes in. Especially not from the blasphemic channel of the intellect. No eating from the tree of knowledge here.

Considering the enthusiasm about proselyting one or another of the 2000+ versions of absolute christian 'truth', this is bad tactics. The days of 'christian' ideological monopolism are mostly over (active 'christians' make up less than 10% of mankind these days), and your plan B, using invasive methods can only be used to fight a fictive war with your first cousin: Jihad.

So your little bubble of pseudo-reality doesn't seem to be selling so well; rather it gives the more decent kind of christianity a bad name, and helps to ridicule or even kill christianity. Which is a shame, because the compassion-aspect of it is valuable.

In case of more drowning the world in scripture quotes, I must add, that I have written 'The books of Bogomil', which are much, much more 'true' than your bible and I can also quote endlessly from these my true scriptures, so we probably end in "is" ...."isn't"...."is so" humoristic situations.

Pity flaming swords and smiting is out of vogue. Doubters like me would be much better off with a slow grilling by the inquisition, don't you think. To purify my soul.

Gorman 91: Your reasoning is questionable. In the same way YOU prove ME wrong. If you postulate something, you must also give evidence. Otherwise all postulates, no matter how absurd, are correct until disproved.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
As a real Jedi, I apologise for those rouges who paticipate in the dark side of the force. We true Jedi's do not condone their behavior or activities.

we are normally a very peacefull religion

[edit on 25-7-2010 by MR BOB]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Certain people in this thread should be ashamed of their blatant attacks. It would appear that atheists are the modern day Christian with their crusades against anyone who does not believe. Save the semantics discussion. Anyone can argue any word.

This thread is a classic example of ATS members assuming the role of mob with pitchforks.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

actually I bounce around between different translations and do agree there are some key verses and words in the KJV that cannot be denied or like the way it says some things better, but I'll never forgot the guy who had at least 10 sitting around his office and said I probably heard the devil when told him my testimony

no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.-1Cor12.3

[edit on by No King but Jesus]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

do you know where the word Christian comes from, which is in the title of thread?

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness-2Tim3.6

[edit on by No King but Jesus]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by zroth

The sooner you realize it is being human, not having a religion, that causes division, the better.

Oh and the crusades? It's because the Spanish had a few thousand troops in Italy and wanted the trade routes. So they got Europe to fight their war for them. And as God Says in Ezekiel 36, he will make his greatest followers fall for his good name if they go about corrupting God's sanctity. That is why the Crusades failed. That is why every single thing Europe tried failed. That is why there was not one single positive thing about the crusades by the time the crusades ended.

Hell. That's why every war the US has fought since 1945 has been mediocre going onto failure. Those who fight in his name for their own benefit are brought down promptly.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Re: No King but Jesus

Christ= the anointed one.

Glad to see, that you can communicate outside quotations, but I don't see your point.

In my own inflated opinion of myself, I'm 'Bogomil the enlightened'. Which in terms of hierachial technicalities make my opinions more 'true' than those originating from the un-enlightened. That it's myself giving me this excellence isn't different from anyone, who WITHOUT evidence, declares that his/her special ideology is superior.

As I said before: Circle-argumentation. We're still in the sandbox; ...I'm right, because I'm right.

From the 'Books of Bogomil':

"All wisdom of the nameless is given to Bogomil, to prove the futility of doctrine and to prevent the fallacies of the selfrighteous".

Apart from my obvious megalomania, I believe that this quotation is quite sound and generally acceptable.

Or it's uncommunicative nonsense. But do I, and only I alone, have to PROVE anything? Or do we all have to evidence our postulates on generally agreed conditions?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

hey by all means if you are not interested in what the Anointed One said carry on but try not to trip

but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.-John20.31

He treads on rulers as if they were mortar,
as if he were a potter treading the clay.-Is41.25

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I think Jesus was an example of someone who took responsibility for his action or lack of, when it pertains to others who could possibly be affected by you.
Being somehow detached or aloof from the sufferings of others would be like the bad examples in the "Good Samaritan" parable.
A big source for human suffering today is caused by religious schisms, like the Sunnis against the Shiites, to where if you are "the other" then we don't care if you live or die. Well to most of the world, we are the other so we should set a tone to where we do not accelerate our own demise, as in supporting a world war against some people in Asia, who we would not classify as being like us, and Christian, whatever that is supposed to mean. We definitely do not follow him, meaning Jesus, standing idly by as Palestinians get white phosphorus exploded onto them.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

reply to post by jmdewey60

Well take the Stargate approach. All humanity is sh*t, and nothing you do in your life can lead to ascension nor anything other than the grave. Jesus is like an ancient. He left the door open. Seek the truth and it leads to him. If you go to the door, he'll ascend you. If you don't, you die and nothing more happens to you. Those in hell get tormented and are forgotten.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Gorman91]

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Re: No King but Jesus

Being interested in something is different from believing in it blindly. Having years of interest in comparative religion and existential philosophy behind me, I have information and knowledge on many subjects. But I don't have to be a believer of any kind to do that.

E.g. I am interested in christianity as well as in buddhism, gnosticism, islam, the philosophy of science, cosmogony, cosmology etc.

I have a devout christian girlfriend, lovely christian familymembers and neighbours and I have the greatest respect for the person, who started this thread. I have no quarrels with such people.

The reason I sound as if I'm bashing christians is, that christianity both in deed and doctrine is one of the most potentially violent ideologies in historical times. And with the often confused and selfcontradictionary content of the bible, there's 'justification' for practically all kinds of behaviour ranging from totalitarian, predestination, puritan 'christian soldiers' to compassionate and tolerant individuals.

Pushy christian fundamentalism has for almost 2000 years regularly and eventually manifested as a threat to non-christians, and the 'springcleaning' of christianity suggested by the originator of this thread is applauded by me, though I don't think, it'll be an easy job.

I do not fight any individual's right to believe in whatever he/she wants, no matter how bizarre I may find it. Where I draw a line, is when one-way, simplistic, demagogic missionary attitudes turn up. Ofcourse free speech should make it possible for everybody to state opinions, nonsense or no-nonsense in my book, but I have an equal right to defend liberal principles by pointing out what I find propagandistic or dangerous.

How many times haven't I heard: "Why do you pick on us?". Don't forget who started these invasive methods app. 2000 years ago. (I'm quite wellinformed about christian history and doctrine, if anyone wants to debate this with me).

From 'The books of Bogomil':

"You can possibly profit by reading Bogomil's words, but if you're dumb enough to believe in them on faith, you'll be reincarnated as a christian choirboy".

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

did you even read my testimony? it has nothing to do in my case of anything I read, it has to do with what I've heard and seen

Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?-1Cor1.20

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join