It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will The REAL Christians Please Stand Up?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

actually it's your word against The Word and my testimony

For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."-Rev19.10

suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. 4He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?"
5"Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked. "I am Jesus-Acts9.3

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

Just mine some quotes from the bible, don't try to analyse, dissect them, reason them or interpret them. Just spread these words because that would be the right thing to do, wouldn't it. Thats what Jesus wants.

Sigh.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by No King but Jesus

actually it's your word against The Word and my testimony

For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."-Rev19.10

suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. 4He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?"
5"Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked. "I am Jesus-Acts9.3

Your testimony is the words of the bible, nothing else. You don't use your head to rationalise, or reason, You quote the bible as reason for your actions and virtues. Poetic words, but meaningless i'm afraid. Meaningless unless you have submitted to that religion.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I've reported your post as 'Scripture Spam'.

Let's see if we have a nice, secular and impartial response.

Parallex.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

Thanks, if he refuses to even reason his quotes, its just SPAM.

Like me pasting the whole advertures and quotes of Sherlock Holmes.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

that very word which I spoke-John12.48

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

Thanks, if he refuses to even reason his quotes, its just SPAM.

Like me pasting the whole advertures and quotes of Sherlock Holmes.

Damnit, there's me hoping to get an obsessive literary response into this thread - and a particularly good one in the form of Sherlock Holmes...

I guess I will just have to wait until my 'Holmesian' religion is registered. Then I can quote passages from the books to my hearts giddy content.

Parallex.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

like a virus, really is, trying to spread itself.

[edit on 25/7/10 by awake_and_aware]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

xD Star!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I do what I can.

Mind you, if I were in my late teens again I would be railing against you quoting scripture and what-not.

And summarily, you would strike me down with logic, and I would be sent skulking back to the drawing board, flummoxed as to how you couldn't see things my way.

Ignorance and the unwillingness to concede defeat. Earmarks of naivity.

Age, experience, life, war, and a family have all helped me to re-evaluate my views on pretty much everything. I am Christian because of the area I was raised in and the life my Father leads (who is a very loving, caring, honorable man). His lead is what I try to base my faith on.

And while I don't like math, I respect it. I understand that the universe is an awesome, inspiring mass of unanswered questions. There is as likely a chance of God not existing as there is of a fleck of sand in a blackhole being God itself. Or that we were created by something else. Or that evolution is to blame for our existence.

So I do NOT think my way is the only way. It might not even be the way, it could be the complete wrong way for all I know. But it is my way, and everyone should live their lives in their own way. I think that is every human being's inalienable right.

GBD

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I'm neither a religionist/sectarian, nor am I a follower of materialist 'scientism'. I'm a somewhat academic scholar, who's studied religious and existential philosophy for almost 50 years.

1/ Already before the time of 'christianity', original judaism consisted of competing sects, and present-day 'christianity' has upheld this tradition by being splintered into more than 2000 sub-sets, merrily fighting each other (and practically everybody else). Only loosely being held together by.......

2/ The present 'christian' bible, an ideological manifest on line with Hitler's 'Mein kampf', Marx's 'Das kapital' and Mao's 'Little red'. The message of the ideological maverick Jesus was first exposed to a counter-reformation by the misanthropic, woman-hating Paulus and later edited into a political tool by emperor Constantine. A perversion of Jesus' teachings.

It's my sad impression, that many active 'christians' (especially the US type) are rather un-informed about their own religion and prefer to stay at a doctrinal soap-box oratory level, using circular arguments as: "The bible is true, because the bible states, that it's true". Viciously fighting anyone not buying such nonsense. No wonder so many of us consider 'christians' with some scepticism.

Fundamentalism (of any ideological variety) is a black/white polarization of dogmas, and doesn't in any way represent truth or 'reality'. Rather than being a method for finding truth, fundamentalism is an expressing of a severe existential, mental illness, and if anyone wants to find truth (possibly including 'true christianity'), sandbox methodology isn't sufficient. Together with 'faith' such elements as common sense, logic, ethics, epistemology etc.etc are needed. And this is a long and hard life-journey, far beyond the brainwashed fanatic, who's too rigid, lazy or powerhungry to even consider the smallest amount of tolerance or introspection.

Before all you ideological fascists start yelling at me, I suggest that you take a good look at the asteroids. They are the result of what happens to a planet populated by individuals of your ilk.

'Better everybody dead than not being 'right' MY way'.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

hmm where does the word Christian come from that the thread addresses?

The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.-Acts11.26

if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name.-1Pet4.16

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by GuiltyByDesign

So I do NOT think my way is the only way. It might not even be the way, it could be the complete wrong way for all I know. But it is my way, and everyone should live their lives in their own way. I think that is every human being's inalienable right.

GBD

That is possibly one of the most enlightened views I've seen on ATS, and very eloquently put.

I wish that everyone could understand, and practice that.

Believe it or not, I adhere to that as well, but when you're a soldier on the front lines combatting fundamentalism from religious nutters on a daily basis, it's hard to remember that truth.

I'm only human - but am I a dancer?

Parallex.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

These are the Scriptures that testify about me-John5.39

He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.-Rev19.13

firstborn among many brothers.-Rom8.29

been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.-1Pet1.23

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex

Originally posted by GuiltyByDesign

GBD

That is possibly one of the most enlightened views I've seen on ATS, and very eloquently put.

I wish that everyone could understand, and practice that.

Believe it or not, I adhere to that as well, but when you're a soldier on the front lines combatting fundamentalism from religious nutters on a daily basis, it's hard to remember that truth.

I'm only human - but am I a dancer?

Parallex.

You quite possibly could be... uh oh, I hear Tina Turner singing in my head...

"Private dancer... dancer for money... do what you want me to do..."

Heh, nothing like a good conversation on a Sunday morning combined with a cup of Sumatran coffee to get the senses going.

And believe me, I fear fundamentalism. A lot. If America started to become like Iran, I would be one of the first people out of here. Because I can guarantee you that a person with my point of view would be labeled and heretic and possibly burnt at the stake.

Besides, I love things like a free Internet, fantasy and horror literature, metal music, and freedom.

GBD

PS: Don't you HATE it when you see someone holding a sign on a street corner telling you that you are going to burn in Hell? Not like they actually took the time to get to know you before damning you first, eh?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Reminds me of Furby, alternatively, a parrot cable of only spurting out religious verses from the King James Bible.

Liking that Ferrous Cranus
Thumbs up for rationalism, reason and PWNAGE!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by No King but Jesus
reply to post by Trueman

Even my close friend, whom I trusted, he who shared my bread, has lifted up his heel against me.-Ps41.9

He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself-John7.18

Yes," declares the LORD, "I am against the prophets who wag their own tongues and yet declare, 'The LORD declares-Jer23.31

the LORD is our King-Is33.22

Indeed, our shield belongs to the LORD, our King-Ps89.10

The LORD will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one LORD, and his name the only name.-Zech14.9

Most High is sovereign over the kingdoms of men-Dan4.17

There will be one king over all of them and they will never again be two nations or be divided into two kingdoms.-Eze37.22

beginning at Jerusalem-Luke24.47

They are all defying Caesar's decrees, saying that there is another king, one called Jesus."-Acts17.7

If God places no trust in his servants,
if he charges his angels with error,
how much more those who live in houses of clay,
whose foundations are in the dust,
who are crushed more readily than a moth!-Job4.18

Thanks for your quotes brother, they are well accepted and shared as any other quote from Quoran, Torah or any other document inspired by God.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

should I just keep repeating my testimony over and over? did you think I was gonna reach through tha computer and clean your clock? the voice just said that, the scriptures confirm the whole point of exactly what that voice said and nothing more, the Apostles were eyewitnesses taught by him, but the voice did'nt say go mow everybodies lawn, yap for hours on end about evrything but the testimony or the word on a thread mocking that very thing

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

no problem but was directed at parralex

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join