It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will The REAL Christians Please Stand Up?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
The problem being that any real Christian will forgive and forget others sins, that even includes other hypocritical Christians. So what your asking is sort of a catch 22.

Well stated.

I know for a fact I'm not the best Christian in the world, and even if I was I'd still have no right to judge others or refuse to forgive them for trespassing against me.

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Matthew 7:1-2

So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

John 8:7

I know in the past I've gotten frustrated and said that some people aren't "real" Christians, but I'm as fallible as the next guy. Nobody really has the right to judge anyone else.

TheAssoc.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
And who are the real Christians?

Are the real Christians the ones who were responsible for ordering and/or carrying out the Inquisition?

Are the real Christins the ones responsible for the Crusades?

Are the real Christins the ones who went as missionaries into other people's countries and massacred the people they called 'non-believers'?

Are the real Christins the ones who have and still do murder the children of the indigenous American people in Canada and elsewhere?

I mean, what does it mean, to be a 'real Christian'? When was the Christina Church EVER a representation of love, kindness and compassion, truth, honesty and non-violence?

That is why I will NEVER associate myself with such an organisation.
With the kind of bloody and murderous history Christianity has, what else do you expect from them today? That they should become beacons of light in this world???

Better to be of no religion, adhere to no label, but be a good, decent human being, and commune directly with your God, however you perceive hom to be.

If there is a God, he won't be offended by your not belonging to 'The Murderous Church', he won't mind what name you give him, he will want to know what effect you had on the world.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Real Christians Don't Condone Cruelty To Animals, Not Many IMHO

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I'm surprised this thread hasn't been moved to BTS to die, like any thread that is critical of Christianity usually is.

Oh, but I forgot, only ATHEISTS get their threads assassinated.

This thread exposes the hipocrisy of Christianity in it's rawest form. The OP quite sensibly asks for a discussion about where have all the TRUE Christians gone - the nice people who act in a good, honourable, sensible and open-minded manner, whilst privately practicing their faith**. The OP doesn't receive this discussion from the participants however.

(**As an atheist, it is these Christians that I DON'T despise. They don't hurt anyone, they are generally good, community spirited generous people.)

What I've seen in this thread kind of proves that very few of the true Christian people are left on ATS. The remaining scripture quoting, religiously bigoted Christian fundamentalists are the scourge of forums - you even have your own forum denomination! "DEACONS"

"Deacon is fervent and earnest, but seldom contributes anything of interest or substance to the discussion."

The OP raises an excellent point - ATS has been invaded by Christian fundamentalists, that contribute nothing of 'interest or substance' to the boards. Can the real Christians please stand up and tell these monsters where the exit is please? That way, we might be able to get on with some proper conspiracy discussion.

Parallex.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Parallex]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I'm a new member and love what ats stand for. to get that out of the way christians have become associated with folks like sarah palin, glen beck and fox news. It's about understanding healing and forgivness. Religions can have the right idea and let that one small part ruin it. The world will continue to bleed itself and will heal through struggle.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

It’s the way evil works it always hides behind the religions of people. But as we know, good always will prevail in the eyes of the ones that benefit the most out of it!

But when the signs starting to be aware on the human society, you will feel it in your bones on what side you have been living your whole life. And there will be no separation on religion, race, or gender …

That’s my opinion and I will wait on the day this happens. And my feeling says that day will come soon!

So carpe diem my friends…!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
well basically I just wanted to stand up and be counted
as having a Christian Faith.

As far as correcting the bad apples in all religions,
that is not left up to me but to God himself.
I am NOT to judge but to love my neighbor
as myself that includes what you call corrupt
Christians. God will straighten out his own
house in due time.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I'm curious, does a "Real Christian" (you know, the wonderful human beings not the ones who are not) believe that homosexuals -

A) Have the same right to be married as anyone else

B) Are sick or have an affliction

C) Are possessed by an evil spirit (created by jesus who is yahweh that created everything) and in need of an exorcism

D) Should be put to death as per jesus/yahwes' original instruction.

Do "real" Christians believe that the words of jesus as written in the bibles mean what they actually say or should be interpreted in another way by someone with some sort of authority to interpret them.

If they are to be interpreted in a way other than how they are read in the bibles, where does the interpreter get the authority to do so and how does the "Real" christian know it is authentic ?

If the words of jesus/yahwhe are not to be taken at face value as read in the bibles, then why is it do you think that the creator of the universe did not bother to mention this to the people he was trying to communicate with (presumably the "real" Christians the wonderful humans ?) ?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

It’s the way evil works it always hides behind the religions of people

Hm, so jesus/god created evil to hide behind religions in order to get people to believe he is real and comply with his commandments ?

Kind of weird way to have what you created act the way you want don't you think ?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
If your definition of a true Christian is one who follows the teachings of the bible, then that person will most likely smell terrible as he has taken all of his worldly possessions and given them to the poor. The true Christian may also wear a solid color jumpsuit as he will be a prison inmate, incarcerated for stoning to death a homosexual.

Christ was a con-job and God is imaginary.

If you buy into that nonsense just sit down so you will not look foolish in front of higher reasoning beings

God loves you, but will send you to Hell for not believeing in Jesus...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

who is responsible for all those killed on the earth since the beginning of time? Indians against Indians, Africans, Asians, Arabs, Whites, Spanish....

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!-2Cor5.17

In her was found the blood of prophets and of the saints, and of all who have been killed on the earth.-Rev18.24

I know that my Redeemer lives,
and that in the end he will stand upon the earth.
And after my skin has been destroyed,
yet in my flesh I will see God;
I myself will see him
with my own eyes—I, and not another.-Job19

Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
-1Cor13.12

Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all-Col3.11

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Lawabidingcitizen530

christians have become associated with folks like sarah palin, glen beck and fox news.

Let's not forget Adolf Hitler , George Bush , Scott Roeder,Torquemada and almost everyone who slaughtered anyone when the Americas were settled

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

loving your neighbor is not a private affair

And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.-Matt24.14

"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.-John15.18

For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD,
as the waters cover the sea.-Hab2.14

God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.-2Cor5.19

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

"...if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." Romans 10:9

The stand-out thing about real Christians is that they are saved by faith alone in Jesus alone.

Many good things and many bad things have been done by people claiming to be Christians...
...but the are good and bad things do not condemn or commend them.

If any one believes in Jesus and that He was resurrected...
...He is a Christian and saved by faith...
...despite anything humans judged them to have done.

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works; lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

including the women and children of the settlers by the hirelings that just escaped from that, nor the ones during the Bolshevik, or under Mao, Pol Pot, Armenians, or Israel 2000 years ago beginning with their King, then Rome and the current beheadings and persections the world over by muslims, matter of fact you should check out that link by an athiest defending Christians the world over as the most persecuted people group in history and currently

[edit on by No King but Jesus]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

That way, we might be able to get on with some proper conspiracy discussion.

Christianity itself is a conspiracy tucked right under our noses, millions of sheeple in a mass delusion allowing real men to use invisible men to keep them complaint.

They believe (according to some) have a duty to infiltrate every aspect of society, including ATS to make their view the world view and will kill if an invincible man tells them to.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
If you are interested in statistics and Christianity worldwide, there is a great site www.barna.org... The have a lot of information that is free or they will do research for you. There are a lot of surprising numbers especially in Europe and the US.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

I completely agree 100%. I remember a time when being a Christian meant loving yourself and your family and your friends, when it meant having a positive attitude, helping other people, even when it meant such things as being scientific and believing that evolution could co-exist with the Bible.

I can't find that same spirit anywhere anymore. Where does that leave me if I choose no religion? I'm interested in having a long-term relationship with a girl because I think it's healthy, but it seems more like people are interested in raising kids with single mothers on low wages. I don't think that one should judge people like this at all, but I do consider the dating scene to be frustrating. Even the friendship scene at this point, because people are so back and forth on their values.

Where does that leave me if I choose religion? It seems like a lot of people are portraying religion as closed-minded and suppressive, and in reality, I've experienced that lately when I didn't before. I don't know why.

So if the real Christians can reclaim the religion, that would be great, it would let me relax a little. I'm too confused to.

Although, I would say something along the lines of:
*Treat other people how you would like to be treated
*Do not judge others, love others.
*But at least try to be smart enough to make healthy life decisions for yourself and help other people learn to do the same.
*Science and religion ARE NOT mutually exclusive.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

My friend
Mao, Pol Pot, Bolsheviks , Kim Il Su, et al didn't kill anyone in the name of jesus they were just nut jobs.

Although it could be argued that as Kim Il Su is god that Kim Jong Il is acting in the name of god, which would likewise technically make every christian an atheist.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!-2Cor5.17

Ah, so Adolf Hitler is likely to be in heaven after all, so much for a just god then.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join