It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will The REAL Christians Please Stand Up?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockerchic4God

I agree with what you say about organized religion. I have gone through several churches, but there is not one that is completely Christian. Many people now adays goes to church bringing with them their own beliefs instead of what the Bible teaches. Even a lot of the ministers are saying anything goes. It's o.k. to steal, lie etc., you are saved no matter what. Some churches are even offering beer in them. And this is the reason many people are getting discouraged and leaving the faith, even people who have been faithful loving Christians for many years.

When I go to my church, I know that there are things that go on behind the scenes that most people should ever know about. These people involved are active members of the church for decades, always serving, always devoting themselves. But I tell myself I am here to serve God, I don't care what other people are doing. It's ashamed it has to be that way. But it is important for us as individuals to keep the faith untill the end so we can inherit the crown of life.

I can see what you're saying, it's really hard to keep the faith nowadays, it turns out to be a continual struggle, only because these so called Christians are anything but.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starbug3MY
It is pretty easy to point out the way Christians are attacked. We must speak out against the bashing and intolerance against Christians in this country.

The old "Boohoo Christians are so oppressed." attitude. In the United States, Christianity is the dominant religion. If anything, Christianity is oppressing the other religions.

Since Christianity is our (USA) dominant religion, it will be the first to be attacked or mocked by skeptics and non-believers. We have freedom of religion. You're allowed to believe in whatever you want. However, we also have a freedom of speech. Because of this, your religion is not free from criticism.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockerchic4God
I'm a Christian, but I choose not to participate in "organized" religion, so I do not go to church. In the past I found some nice folks in the church, but mainly a lot of hypocrites, money-grubbers, politicos and weirdos who tell me I have to burn all my rock albums because it's "the devil's music"

Jesus never meant for his message of truth, life and salvation to be overshadowed by a mega-corporate "church" organization focused on cash-raising, empire-building and war-mongering.

Christians need to lead by attraction rather than promotion.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Rockerchic4God]

I agree. Christian here

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
These 7-11 righteous men or women are too busy keeping our sinful world from falling to ruin.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophecywatcher
reply to post by Rockerchic4God

I agree with what you say about organized religion. I have gone through several churches, but there is not one that is completely Christian. Many people now adays goes to church bringing with them their own beliefs instead of what the Bible teaches. Even a lot of the ministers are saying anything goes. It's o.k. to steal, lie etc., you are saved no matter what. Some churches are even offering beer in them. And this is the reason many people are getting discouraged and leaving the faith, even people who have been faithful loving Christians for many years.

When I go to my church, I know that there are things that go on behind the scenes that most people should ever know about. These people involved are active members of the church for decades, always serving, always devoting themselves. But I tell myself I am here to serve God, I don't care what other people are doing. It's ashamed it has to be that way. But it is important for us as individuals to keep the faith untill the end so we can inherit the crown of life.

I can see what you're saying, it's really hard to keep the faith nowadays, it turns out to be a continual struggle, only because these so called Christians are anything but.

I to do not believe in organized religion and am a Christian Deist
We are all Christian Deist when we are Christians but do not believe in organized Christian religion because they no longer act as Christians.
www.deism.com...
www.positivedeism.com...
www.positivedeism.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PieKeeper

I did not say that Christians are oppressed. I just can't believe that so many folks don't notice the attacks on Christ and His message that happen everyday. Sometimes it is subtle, sometimes it is blatant. Obama recently said that we are not a Christian country.

This whole country is becoming anti-christ! Every other name is tolerated except Christ. But when we are attacked, it is time to rejoice for Christ said the world hated Him and we will be hated because of our faith in Him.

Yes we as Christians will forgive and pray for our enemies.

And then rejoice!!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Well... here is the shocking news...

Christians, like everyone else, are human!!

Yep... its true!!

And like all humans we are fallible... we make mistakes... and there are good and bad.

Good and bad Christians
Good and bad Muslims
Good and bag Atheists.... well you get the idea...

The thing that always makes me laugh is many peoples reaction when they hear that i am a Christian...

"what?? You?? But I’ve heard you swear and make dirty jokes"

"Yep" i reply... "that’s the human in me"

My own personal take on religion is not to shove it down people’s throats but to let them come to me in their own time if they so wish...
I have friends of different beliefs... some who love to talk about religion and some who don’t... I respect all their positions on the subject.

Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven

Peace

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Muckster]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I think Christianity has very nice teaching for the most part and is hardly the tool of slavery that it once was. People may attribute a lot of violence to religion , but they fail to see that it is the human condition that directly causes chaos.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Starbug3MY

: Why can someone place a crucifix into a jar of urine, call it "art" and get away with it? It was titled "Piss Christ"!!! It was placed on exhibition! Why can some people decide to paint a picture of Christ with sh*t splattered all over it and get away with it? It all gets exhibited under the guise of "Artistic Expression".
[

The reason why is simple, Jesus said "because they first hated me". The world loves its own and hates Jesus. Thus you can say or do anything against Jesus and its ok but try that against anyother belief and all hell breaks loose.

Jesus said that He causes division and rightly so. For what does light have to do with darkness? They do thier deeds in darkness less the light of truth shines upon them and thier evil is exposed.

The sad truth is that 86-94% of all those that claim to be Christians are not. They are in name only and feel that going to church one hour a week makes them alright before God. You see, there is no zeal in a false converts heart for the lost.

The question as to why the majority of Christians do not stand up is because the majority are not Christians at all. It is only a small minority that are true believers and not in name only. Its no wonder that there are few that will stand as there are few that truly believe. How many of the ones claiming to be Christians are willing to give up everything for Jesus? Would you give up your job, father, mother, brother, sister, husband or wife and follow Jesus even unto death? This is the question Jesus asks of every Christian and He knows your heart for He seeks the truth on the inward parts.

Would every believer be tested to that degree, no but many will and are. If your a believer and say yes I am willing, be prepaired for the test, it will surly come. Will you then stand or remain seated in the pew with your mouth shut! Before anyone asks, I have already been tested and in the field serving. The price to follow Jesus was everything I had, nothing remained. Are you willing to be put through the refiners fire or are you happy to remain in your comfort zone?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starbug3MY
reply to post by PieKeeper

Obama recently said that we are not a Christian country.

The above quote is a great example of what is wrong with the "Christian majority" today; I get E-mails expressing this opinion all the time. Starbug3MY, do you know why Obama said we aren't a Christian country? Because we aren't! We never were, and the Founding Fathers NEVER intended for us to be. Go back and actually read comments by Thomas Jefferson and John Adams, and then tell me we are supposed to be a Christian nation. This merging of Christianity with American Nationalism is not only anti-American, it is blatantly anti-Christian.

This is from the Treaty of Tripoli, signed in 1797 by President John Adams: Art. 11. "As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,—as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen,—and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

I, too, am a Christian; one who left organized religion decades ago. I do not know who made this statement, but it is certainly one that I agree with: "I would not want to live in a Christian nation, but I would like very much to live in a nation of Christians." Amen! I don't understand why any "true Christian" would want the government inolved in religion. Those who want America to be "declared' a Christian nation are asking for a theocracy. Take a look at Iran and Iraq, and tell me how well that's working out...

[edit on 24-7-2010 by The Stache]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
There is a holy war going on, a mind holy war, between all the sects of religion.

There's no such thing as a "holy war" any more then there's such a thing as a tasty turd.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by The Stache

Touche. But our society and culture was built upon the Judeo-Christian foundation based on the family and marriage. Many of our troubles are the result of the breaking up of families, human life and life in general are not sacred anymore.

I think Christians will become smaller groups but will remain faithful and strong!

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Starbug3MY]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Starbug3MY

I totally agree with you there, Starbug. There is no doubt that the majority of the earliest settlers were Europeans with a Judeo-Christian background, and that was (and continues to be) a huge influence on American culture. That is quite different from the "Christian Nation" mantra. I have actually received E-mails with depictions of Jesus draped in the American flag, and Jesus on the Cross surrounded by American flags and kneeling American soldiers! To me, that is a dangerous trend that has no place in America, or Christianity.

Just today, I read an op-ed piece about the rising rate of children born out of wedlock; specifically, among teenagers. Polls and surveys show an increasing number of teenage boys (15-19) that think it's fine for teenage girls to be single moms. I think the most important thing is that children are loved and cared for by two parents (married or not); but in the long run, increasing numbers of kids having kids does not bode well for the future...IMO.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares (weeds) among the wheat, and went his way. But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares (weeds) also. So the servants of the house-holder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest; and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers., Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn. Mathew 13:24-30

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? And then will I profess unto them. I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Matthew 7 22-24

Saying you are a Christian doesn't make it so.

It's one thing to talk the talk, it's another to walk the walk, and it is very hard to walk in the Master's footsteps.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by dusty1]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I'll have to be honest, I'm not a christian but I do respect all religion (I.E. I'm agnostic) and I do agree with the "will the REAL Christians please stand up" I live in the south where everyone is a christian... These people ANNOY me, saying most of the churches around here are horrible and don't even teach from the bible and run around and shout and scream. Going to church doesn't make you any more christian than standing in a garage makes you a car.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I think a good example of a good christian could be found here:

Ephesians CH 4

1I THEREFORE, the prisoner for the Lord, appeal to and beg you to walk (lead a life) worthy of the [divine] calling to which you have been called [with behavior that is a credit to the summons to God's service,
2Living as becomes you] with complete lowliness of mind (humility) and meekness (unselfishness, gentleness, mildness), with patience, bearing with one another and making allowances because you love one another.

3Be eager and strive earnestly to guard and keep the harmony and oneness of [and produced by] the Spirit in the binding power of peace.

4[There is] one body and one Spirit--just as there is also one hope [that belongs] to the calling you received--

5[There is] one Lord, one faith, one baptism,

6One God and Father of [us] all, Who is above all [Sovereign over all], pervading all and [living] in [us] all.

7Yet grace (God's unmerited favor) was given to each of us individually [not indiscriminately, but in different ways] in proportion to the measure of Christ's [rich and bounteous] gift.

8Therefore it is said, When He ascended on high, He led captivity captive [He led a train of [a]vanquished foes] and He bestowed gifts on men.(A)

9[But He ascended?] Now what can this, He ascended, mean but that He had previously descended from [the heights of] heaven into [the depths], the lower parts of the earth?

10He Who descended is the [very] same as He Who also has ascended high above all the heavens, that He [His presence] might fill all things (the whole universe, from the lowest to the highest).

11And His gifts were [varied; He Himself appointed and gave men to us] some to be apostles (special messengers), some prophets (inspired preachers and expounders), some evangelists (preachers of the Gospel, traveling missionaries), some pastors (shepherds of His flock) and teachers.

12His intention was the perfecting and the full equipping of the saints (His consecrated people), [that they should do] the work of ministering toward building up Christ's body (the church),

13[That it might develop] until we all attain oneness in the faith and in the comprehension of the [full and accurate] knowledge of the Son of God, that [we might arrive] at really mature manhood (the completeness of personality which is nothing less than the standard height of Christ's own perfection), the measure of the stature of the fullness of the Christ and the completeness found in Him.

14So then, we may no longer be children, tossed [like ships] to and fro between chance gusts of teaching and wavering with every changing wind of doctrine, [the prey of] the cunning and cleverness of [c]unscrupulous men, [gamblers engaged] in every shifting form of trickery in inventing errors to mislead.

15Rather, let our lives lovingly [d]express truth [in all things, speaking truly, dealing truly, living truly]. Enfolded in love, let us grow up in every way and in all things into Him Who is the Head, [even] Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).

16For because of Him the whole body (the church, in all its various parts), closely joined and firmly knit together by the joints and ligaments with which it is supplied, when each part [with power adapted to its need] is working properly [in all its functions], grows to full maturity, building itself up in love.

17So this I say and solemnly testify in [the name of] the Lord [as in His presence], that you must no longer live as the heathen (the Gentiles) do in their perverseness [in the folly, vanity, and emptiness of their souls and the futility] of their minds.

(continued)

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
18Their [e]moral understanding is darkened and their reasoning is beclouded. [They are] alienated (estranged, self-banished) from the life of God [with no share in it; this is] because of the ignorance (the want of knowledge and perception, the willful blindness) that is [f]deep-seated in them, due to their hardness of heart [to the insensitiveness of their moral nature].

19In their spiritual apathy they have become callous and past feeling and reckless and have abandoned themselves [a prey] to unbridled sensuality, eager and greedy to indulge in every form of impurity [that their depraved desires may suggest and demand].

20But you did not so learn Christ!

21Assuming that you have really heard Him and been taught by Him, as [all] Truth is in Jesus [embodied and personified in Him],

22Strip yourselves of your former nature [put off and discard your old unrenewed self] which characterized your previous manner of life and becomes corrupt through lusts and desires that spring from delusion;

23And be constantly renewed in the spirit of your mind [having a fresh mental and spiritual attitude],

24And put on the new nature (the regenerate self) created in God's image, [Godlike] in true righteousness and holiness.

25Therefore, rejecting all falsity and being done now with it, let everyone express the truth with his neighbor, for we are all parts of one body and members one of another.(B)

26When angry, do not sin; do not ever let your wrath (your exasperation, your fury or indignation) last until the sun goes down.

27Leave no [such] room or foothold for the devil [give no opportunity to him].

28Let the thief steal no more, but rather let him be industrious, making an honest living with his own hands, so that he may be able to give to those in need.

29Let no foul or polluting language, nor evil word nor unwholesome or worthless talk [ever] come out of your mouth, but only such [speech] as is good and beneficial to the spiritual progress of others, as is fitting to the need and the occasion, that it may be a blessing and give grace (God's favor) to those who hear it.

30And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God [do not offend or vex or sadden Him], by Whom you were sealed (marked, branded as God's own, secured) for the day of redemption (of final deliverance through Christ from evil and the consequences of sin).

31Let all bitterness and indignation and wrath (passion, rage, bad temper) and resentment (anger, animosity) and quarreling (brawling, clamor, contention) and slander (evil-speaking, abusive or blasphemous language) be banished from you, with all malice (spite, ill will, or baseness of any kind).

32And become useful and helpful and kind to one another, tenderhearted (compassionate, understanding, loving-hearted), forgiving one another [readily and freely], as God in Christ forgave you.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but you can't define what a true Christian is.

Only God can decide who fits the bill, not a forum on ATS. You are meant to be in the world, not of it - its all a tissue of Satanic lies.

Living up to mans standards and views of what a real Christian has nothing to do with being right in Gods sight.

Read the Bible, and forget how you fit in with others, it is uninmportant. Love your neighbour, but don't try to be him.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Since when did 'forgive' mean 'do nothing about the atrocious crimes being doled out to people, do nothing to protect them or protest against evil.?

If you saw someone in the street about to be murdered, would you just atand there and do nothing to intervene because you 'forgive' the murderer?

Or would you do all you can to protect the one about to be murdered, even at the cost of your life?'

It seems to me that is the situation we are in. These devils are killing thousands, millions every day. Not just in Afghanistand and Iraq, but all over the world through their covert financing of insurgencies, and also at home in US. Killing people via mass spraying with Corexit, killing people by blowing up WTC and Pentagon, killing people by putting poison in their drinking water, killing poeple by spraying toxins in the air, killing people through their toxic pharmaceuticals, etc, etc.

Sorry - my definition of being a 'true Christian' would not be that in the name of Christ I stand back from all the crimes I know are being committed, do nothing and 'forgive'.

To 'forgive' DOES NOT mean to condone.

Taking no action is NOT being neutral, taking no action a moral crime in itself because taking no action is being complicit in the crimes which are being committed.

If you fail to come to the aid of others and to stand up for what is right, how can you even call yourself a decent human being, irrespective of whether you cal lthat Christian, Muslim or whatever?

If your child was being murdered, wouldn't you expect anyone present to come to their aid?

Isn't that the exact same principle?

[edit on 25-7-2010 by wcitizen]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by dusty1

.... And quoting that mumbo-jumbo from the Bible makes you a moron.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join