It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.Os ~ What are their motives?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Hello All,

For those of you not familiar with the subject, U.S.O stands for Unidentified Submerged Object. There are countless stories and witnesses to this phenomenon, throughout the globe and dating back hundreds of years.

Like the UFO phenomenon, the USOs have stories that stand credibility and some, well...not as much.

This is a video - july 2010 - that talks about the Shag Harbour incident. One of the most famous and notorious story regarding this subject.

Please watch.

Now, if your curiosity stepped a little, there are two threads here on ATS that have covered this subject in a very professional way.

The first one dates back to february 2009 and was put together by Skyfloating, one of the forum moderators here. Here is the link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The second one is only over a month old and was put together by - Blackout -. Here is the link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Most will say that the oceans are a perfect world for an extraterrestrial life to hide from public view. And I would agree. But could there be another motive?

Some will say underwater bases...perhaps. Extraterrestrial underground bases are a tedious thing to prove, let alone underwater...

The answers I'm interested in are of scientific value. What could possibly be of interest for them on our seafloors? Has anyone researched that possibility?

All replies are welcome.

~S.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

This is a video - july 2010 - that talks about the Shag Harbour incident. One of the most famous and notorious story regarding this subject.

Don Ledger would kick your ass to Shag Harbor and out to sea if he read that comment!

I haven't watched the video yet because Shag Harbor is one of my favourite cases in ufology and I heard an interview with Mr Ledger going over new findings. It'd be great if people could substantiate the alleged assistance of the UFO by another UFO before they both took off into the sunset. It just sounds so cool.

Edit to add: The interview is 'right click-save as' from here.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Kandinsky]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
They seem to love taking samples from just about everywhere, it seems. The first UFO I ever saw was near an extremely remote fishing cabin in northern Manitoba, 60 miles from any the nearest living person. My brothers had seen one in the exact spot a year earlier. When they saw it, it was making a loud humming sound like a jet engine and hovering just above the water.

I personally have a theory that what we think of as spirituality is just a higher physics that they have harnessed. And with the Philadelphia Experiment I believe we began to tap into this technology. Perhaps the reason we can't explain their sampling methods is because their scientists are operating on an entirely different set of physical principles.

You're probably correct that there are undersea bases. Remember the Chunnel between UK and France? We had the technology to build beneath the ocean decades ago. The oceans would surely present no problem to an advanced culture. As for their motives - in my opinion they are intensively monitoring the planet's status, and our advancement as a species, whether that be genetically or something else.

It's really a damn shame that there is so much disinformation out there. I would like to say "there are so many different alien races" or "the majority of them are bad" or "the majority of them are good" but one requires a superhuman ability of discernment to figure out who is telling the truth, who is embellishing, and who is lying. I don't feel comfortable making any kind of conclusive statements, except that I know we've been visited for at least 50,000 years and our genetic links suggest a legacy an order of magnitude further back than that.

edited for clarity and to remove a bit of stupid.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Son of Will]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

I agree with you apart from two small points. The Philadelphia Experiment was a definite hoax. Also we just can't say with any certainty that UFOs have been around longer than the last century...50 000years is beyond recorded history.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Is it so certainly a hoax? Oh well. I'll check out that PDF file, the whole story fascinated me.

And I say that the UFO phenomenon goes back 50,000 years mainly because of cave-drawings. Debatable, yeah. But then there's the mythology - often with similar themes - throughout indigenous cultures. Religious texts, pretty much all of them. Vedas in India is a great example. Renaissance artwork is equally explicit.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Taking samples? Could be, but for what purpose...

Most of our oceans are still an "undiscovered country" for us humans. What could they be doing down there?

I've read about mining, could be, again, for what purpose...

I find it strange that alien abductees are taken for a ride around the galaxy (and beyond) but never for a swim...

Ancient cultures do have legends and myths that could depict alien life. Lost continents come to mind. But again, why would they need to go back in the deep of our oceans for something that has been drowned thousands of years ago?

Speculations?

top topics

join