It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introductory Space Science - The Science of Unidentified Flying Objects

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

cheers karl..... thanks....

here is the link to the air force foia.....

www.foia.af.mil...

check this one.......

DoD - Wright-Patterson AFB (Research & Development on Titanium Alloys) - FOIA

cherio

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
These are great, and much appreciated.

However, with a little digging they are rather easy to find - and far more important - they are all 40-50 years old!

It is of profound negligence that the finest, fastest, highest-flying, best-funded, most-exploratory, farthest-reaching space entities in the world have NOTHING in their current (or even recent, last couple of decades) in their files, libraries, or training programs that SUPERSEDED this (above) documentation?

What? - Did the USAF suddenly STOP training all their astronuts and pilots on what to do, procedurally, when they intercept, encounter, or otherwise report on anomalous aerial activity? That's would be rather stupid, wouldn't it?

How about the Russians? They don't care anymore about being "first" to bring home the smoking gun?

AND: Shuttles, ISS, etc: Are we to believe that the international cadre of highly trained, highly intelligent military and scientific astronauts and cosmonauts have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING OFFICIAL to do should they happen to see 'something unusual'?

What if (regardless of how incredibly unlikely 'officials' may consider the possibility) a galactic cruiser or scout ship decides to shimmy on up to the ISS for a closer look. What do 'our guys' do? Let out a big "Duuhhhh.... We didn't believe you exist, so we have nothing to say, have nothing to do, we're clueless on who to even call, and even if we did radio down to the surface, there is absolutely NO PLAN OF ACTION OR RESPONSE????"

To me, that seems ludicrous. Unbelievable even. In fact, I consider it SO UNBELIEVABLE that I believe it NOT to be the case.

I believe that NASA, the Ruskies, the USAF, and a wide range of other similar entities do indeed have an operational protocol established and they do indeed train their pilots and astronauts on what they are to do in the unlikely event that they encounter something.

So where is it? This stuff from the fifties and sixties is interesting and all that - but it is neither complete nor is it current.

I think there is much, much, more on this topic we do NOT have the privilege to see, and I believe there is far more intensive and specific and current training and debriefing procedures established to handle such scenarios.

Now, if someone can dig up anything to validate these beliefs, that would be something...

Not to minimize the work and interest undertaken thus far, however. You guys are great. Like me, I'm sure you're very interested in the truth...

[edit on 11/11/2009 by Outrageo]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
you gotta check these.....

extraterrestrial intelligence & messages.... obtained from nsa via foia.....

documents.theblackvault.com...

documents.theblackvault.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
However, with a little digging they are rather easy to find - and far more important - they are all 40-50 years old!

It is of profound negligence that the finest, fastest, highest-flying, best-funded, most-exploratory, farthest-reaching space entities in the world have NOTHING in their current (or even recent, last couple of decades) in their files, libraries, or training programs that SUPERSEDED this (above) documentation?

What? - Did the USAF suddenly STOP training all their astronuts and pilots on what to do, procedurally, when they intercept, encounter, or otherwise report on anomalous aerial activity? That's would be rather stupid, wouldn't it?

cheers buddy....

there are new ones as well.... most recently from 2008.... check here....

Reporting UFOs - Procedures

The following documents were discovered by The Black Vault that pertain to reporting UFOs by the U.S. Military, Government and Commercial installations.

1. Air Force Instruction 10-206 [87 Pages] - Although contrary to what the Air Force wants you to believe, still on the books is the reporting procedure for UFOs. (Current revision: October 15, 2008)

2. Air Force Regulation 200-2 [8 Pages, 4.76mb] - This Regulation establishes procedures for information and evidence material pertaining to unidentified flying objects and sets forth the responsibility of Air Force activities in this regard. It applies to all Air Force Activities.

3. JANAP 146(E) [33 Pages]

4. UFOB - History of the 4602nd Air Intelligence Service Squadron, 1 Jan to 30 June 1955 [74 Pages, 3.76mb]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
and here is an interesting document from the canadian defense research board..... thanks to karl

www.abovetopsecret.com...

“You might also consider it advisable to add that should the Flying Saucer actually make a landing on Canadian territory, the nearest RCAF Command should be advised immediately by telegram… Maybe we had better talk over this when you have thought it over.”
A.J.G. Langley, Defense Research Board Director of Scientific Intelligence -April 19, 1950.

www.collectionscanada.gc.ca...

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mcrom901

Ahhh... now we're starting to get somewhere. Great job and sleuthing, 901 - thanks for your efforts.

Again - these are in archives and available for the most part, e.g. the black vault is an excellent source for sure.

I guess the thing that is most conspicuously absent here is a combination of currency and content. In other words, reporting aerial phenomenon is fine, expected even, and the revision of the AF procedures at least implies that a sliver of policy is evident for public consumption. HOWEVER:

Where is the NASA training to their astronauts? Have the Russians considered this scenario? And by training for a scenario, I specifically mean actual encounters.

Mere "reporting" a visual anomaly simply is NOT going to cut it if an obvious alien craft, ET-operated technology, or a grey himself cruises up alongside one of our humble earth-ships in space!

Yes, we know that NASA and their foreign counterparts will all tell every inquirer that that they don't consider UFO's a reality and will redirect everyone to other dead-ends for further information outside their respective organizations.

To that I call hogwash! It is the height of irresponsibility to send men to the moon, for example, and HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO TRAINING or procedure to handle the possibility that when stepping out of the LEM or driving their little buggy around that they come upon some alien wreckage -or better - they are to do.... what? Nothing? Stand there dumbfounded amongst the most profound discovery of humankind and say, "duh... ...we be earthlings..."?

Really. What were the astronauts to do in such a case? OK, so it's next to impossible. Granted. BUT WHAT IF? What if Armstrong and Aldrin actually DID see something on that crater rim back in '69? Was there ANYTHING in their preparation to help them in such a circumstance? NO?? Well, why the hell not? Even if the reports are false, did NASA not ever, EVER consider that something like that MIGHT be possible?

How about now?? We've all seen and read about the Tether incident, the bio-craft, and other ISS and shuttle-observed phenomenon. Regardless, of what conclusion you draw from these cases, and many others like them, NASA MUST be painfully aware that ATS and many other forums are debating them exhaustively, often with substantial credible, expert opinion weighing in.

Question: Isn't ANYONE at NASA or other agencies ALSO debating or looking at these phenomena? We have to assume that they are - it would be utter hypocrisy and foolishness if they neglect to do so. So... where is it? By Whom and where are these analyses conducted? By what protocol? Under whose authority? Where are the results of such analyses?

I recently listened to a superb set of 8 audio CD's that chronicled the Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo programs, which included extensive mission control and ground-astronaut operations radio transmissions. What struck me most was the incredible planning and fail-safe, redundancy procedures built into every minutae of these launches into space and to the moon.

No one could make me believe that these visionaries, these highly professional engineers, astrophysicists, pilots, and administrators, and all the rest of them NEVER considered the possibility that one of their beloved astronauts may encounter something ET-originated and what they are to do and how they are to react in case they do.

I believe, firmly and unequivocally, that such training WAS INDEED part of those missions, that they are part of current missions, and that they are being factored into all future missions - and with the increasing emphasis and acknowledgment of Astrobiology as a legitimate - ever more so.

Plausible denial is just not good enough anymore. Where is the truth?

These old documents help - but there is more, of that I am certain.

A related question? What about the proverbial landing on the White House lawn?

The world governments can officially scoff and snort and snicker all they want - but they will absolutely appear to bumbling idiots and morons if ET shows up and they all start running and screaming in circles because they "...didn't believe it would ever happen!"

B.S. They either have a plan, or they've already had such an encounter and hidden it (e.g. Ike in Mojave, etc). These are the ONLY logical and prudent explanations. Which one is it? Can we prove it?

[edit on 11/22/2009 by Outrageo]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcrom901
thanks Outrageo for your comments.... appreciated....

i cant help but to think.... that there is a connection between these reports and the comments made by Bob Dean in this clip......

WOW great video, thanks for posting this. I beileve everything what he says, i think we shouldnt refered them as "aliens" like he said "family" and i do hope we will meet these being one day

[edit on 20-12-2009 by sam_inc]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
Plausible denial is just not good enough anymore. Where is the truth?

First, let me just say that I hadn't read this thread yet and I've enjoyed your posts. I've read them and I agree pretty much with everything you've written and share the same questions as the ones you posed.

The issue of possible ET interaction, whether confirmed or not by USAF or any other agency, I think would receive the highest classification and require need-to-know. In light of that, I'm not sure how widespread access to the policies dealing with it would be.

For example, recently the USAF admitted to be using a new drone plane in Iraq and Afghanistan, the RQ-170, which had been operating in secret for some years now.
It was reported on Aviation Week that "The classified UAV's operation caused consternation among U-2 pilots who noticed high-flying aircraft operating within several miles of their routes over Iraq. Flights of the mysterious aircraft were not coordinated with those of other manned and unmanned surveillance units."

We see that even in a matter certainly many orders of magnitude less secret than ET visitation and interaction, not everyone involved in an important operation were briefed about this other component that participated along side them. There could have been accidents and thankfully the U-2 aren't armed I believe, but still it shows to these agencies personnel safety doesn't necessarily trump secrecy.

While I follow pretty much in line with your train of thought regarding the training and preparation of astronauts, pilots and so on, judging by examples like the I one I mentioned, I'm just not sure that putting our astronauts and pilots in danger would necessarily be enough a reason for the agencies to disclose this information with them.

Also, if the matter receives the highest classification (state secret, critical to national security, etc) I believe all documentation and information classified under that umbrella, including procedures and policies, could be indefinitely and continuously classified and exempt from FOIA and so on.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by converge
Also, if the matter receives the highest classification (state secret, critical to national security, etc) I believe all documentation and information classified under that umbrella, including procedures and policies, could be indefinitely and continuously classified and exempt from FOIA and so on.

all reports are channeled through norad....

COMMUNICATIONS INSTRUCTIONS REPORTING VITAL INTELLIGENCE SIGHTINGS (CIRVIS)

5.1. Subject and Purpose. This report provides vital information to the security of the United States and Canada which, in the opinion of the observer, requires very urgent defensive action or investigation by the US and/or Canadian Armed Forces.

5.6.3.3. Unidentified flying objects.

air force manual 10-206

but according to dod's fact sheet....

www.dod.gov...

anywho tho norad is exempt from the foia in the us.... the black vault had managed to get various cirvis reports via 'access to information' from the department of defense in canada.....

www.theblackvault.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Sorry for the old bump but I am truly interested in this. The closest I've seen to any document are a few seconds on television documentaries. Is this chapter actually real? Where are the copies? I can find no scanned copy or PDF anywhere on the internet, which undermines it frankly.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mcrom901

WOW, how awesome was THAT! Thank you so much for posting this. I could not put it any better or would i want to. In 2002 i had a very simple encounter. I had just finished reading "the ancient secret of the flower of life" their was a part that talked about a 45 degree angle. At this angle it was possible for conscious beings to move into the next octave. On that night many, i was coming back from a pizza joint in gville,fl. I saw a beautiful pink flowered tree before i was to call up to a friend on the second floor. When i lifted my head 3 flying objects in a row flew forward and then boom made a right 45 degree angle turn and disappeared. It was clear as i could of ever imagined. I was not looking for them, but they obviously wanted to say, the information is accurate. I am still wondering about this 45 degree angle... thank you for your post

top topics

<< 1   >>

join