It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

stargate mythology?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
hi,all!! this is my very first new thread, so forgive me if i make any mistakes.

i just watched the movie "stargate" a couple of days ago, and have been watching the series a lot, also.
with all the posts around here regarding "stargates" i was wondering if the concept is based on any actual ancient myths/legends, or was it just an idea created in modern times on which to make a movie/series? i am very curious about this,and all i've been able to find online is connected to the movie/series. i would greatly appreciate nay feedback you might have on this. thanks!!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ka47

Hiya. There's an enormous thread you'll probably enjoy about Stargates...Stargates are real. It's not an idea that I really go for, but a lot of ATS members love it. The show's cool, at least in the first few seasons

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I agree with Kandinsky. The thread "stargates are real" is awesome! I am still going through it. I have always loved that movie and the idea of stargates at least to me seems very possible.

That thread has a lot of cool and informative information. I know I read until 4am on that thread and the various links.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Modern mythology.

There's nothing like it in ancient mythology. There are tales (mostly European ones that I'm familiar with) about traveling to the underground through certain access points, or to Faerie but no "travel to other worlds."

As far as I know, the first "travel to other worlds" stories came about after Gallileo's telescopes gave a good look at the moon. There is a "travel to the moon" reference by Cyrano de Bergerac and so forth but there was little understanding that stars and galaxies (and even planets-as-worlds) existed until the 1800's.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Well Byrd's answer is probably the most down to earth and the one that gets an approved on the reality check.

Buttt... Kandinsky post with the link to star gates are real will most definitely keep you of the streets for a while

I suggest you should really check that one.

As far as for Stargate the series and every single follow up are just awesome one more then the other but not enough to be dull
What makes them so cool is IMO their use of almost all of the ancient names, sagas and legends. So cool.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ka47

hey I have a friend named Ka

so anway I just got done watching a ATS video series the Arrivals 01 here's the link
anyway they make a case the world ruling Elite are a Satanic cult that actually can create stargates with various architectural power formulas and geometry and symbolism

they say this obsession is passed down through the ages from Egyptian Pharohs
through family lines to the present and their goal is to create 'stargates to contact Demons who dwell in another dimension

so I guess that is old lore about stargates kinda ,they are theoretically possible although although if they can be made by malevolent Elites just by making a skyscraper hundreds of Quantum Physicists and Rocket Scientists are wasting their time

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Just take it all with a grain of salt.

They are on to something but link things that do fit as well as they bring it.
It is a cool watch do. I recommend it.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

oh I loved it couldn't tear myself away!

I have quibbles with it but not the general meaning of what they are trying to say and they are right we need to stop hatin' and stand with each other against the Elites

we have all the information we need to convict them

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I have been left with that same feeling.
Lets love some more.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas

I have been left with that same feeling.
Lets love some more.

I love you Sinter Klaas

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Please accept my love in return.

Call me Sinter MrsBlond, if you like. I would appreciate it.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Oh Sinter , love is the answer!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The earliest mention of non-earthly travelers are the genesis nephilim in the bible, rumored to be based off of accounts in the east and stuff.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Gorman 91 that my be the earliest WRITTEN account but there is usually in these matters a lag of several centuries to several thousands of years of the tales existence before someone writes it down .

also as in the ancient Celtic knowledge it was forbidden to write it down,that's how so much of what we wonder about now got lost ,knowledge that is only in someones head cannot be transmitted if they die or are murdered before they can train an apprentice to carry it on

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Well humans are only 50,000 years old. Way I see it, if we've changed this much in those 50,000 years, but they're still flying around int he same stuff and using the same stuff, then something is seriously flawed about their mental capacity.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I agree and I 've brought this up before whatever THEY are wherever THEY come from there IS something seriously wrong with them

If as some people say they are 'angels' whatever that maybe , then they have eternal life and having eternal life means they CANNOT change or grow mentally or any other way

mortality gives us the trans-formative capacity to develop

so in that circumstance they are dumb they are done becoming and that makes them kinda dead or half alive

mull it over some such scenario would cover why they so malevolent and why they are never satisfied with all the death and carnage that follows them

they are not able to alter their behavior to adapt?

I think we can take 'em

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
The earliest mention of non-earthly travelers are the genesis nephilim in the bible, rumored to be based off of accounts in the east and stuff.

which accounts do you refer to?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ka47

Ka he is probably referring t two things the account of the flood in the Bible that discusses the sons of God mating with women

also Assyrian ,Babylonian and Sumerian ancient texts have a flood

I would ignore the Sumerian flood story it says says the decided to kill of humanity for being noisy, so no Demonic mating there The Bible on is the one that talks about God having to cleanse the Earth of hybrid angels
he wasn't wanting to kill Humans he wanted the Demonseed destroyed

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ka47

Ka he is probably referring t two things the account of the flood in the Bible that discusses the sons of God mating with women

also Assyrian ,Babylonian and Sumerian ancient texts have a flood

I would ignore the Sumerian flood story it says says the decided to kill of humanity for being noisy, so no Demonic mating there The Bible on is the one that talks about God having to cleanse the Earth of hybrid angels
he wasn't wanting to kill Humans he wanted the Demonseed destroyed

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Well humans are only 50,000 years old. Way I see it, if we've changed this much in those 50,000 years, but they're still flying around int he same stuff and using the same stuff, then something is seriously flawed about their mental capacity.

Er, say What?
There are skeletal remains dated to the tertiary period, perhaps even older.
Check out "Forbidden archaeology" by Michael Cremo.
It's a heavy read at over 900 pages, but a hell of an eye opener.

<<   2 >>

join