It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God enjoy evil?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Does God enjoy evil?

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Ephesians 3:8-10
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Colossians 1:15-17
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

God thus seems to have created evil, as He created all concepts, for his pleasure, including evil.

How does God get pleasure from evil and is He allowing it to happen?

Hell is demonstrably an immoral and evil construct.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Does God get pleasure from it’s existence?

Man has laws against men allowing evil to happen when they have a way to prevent it.

en.wikipedia.org...(criminal_law)#Some_offences_require_acts

Does that mean that man is more moral than God?

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

"evil shall slay the wicked"

psalms 34:21

GOD evidently made "evil" for a reason - to slay the wicked, meaning to get rid of all the wrong-doing man does to man.

And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.
Exodus 32:14

GOD intended evil sometimes, and sometimes changed his mind.

Therefore it shall come to pass, that as all good things are come upon you, which the LORD your God promised you; so shall the LORD bring upon you all evil things, until he have destroyed you from off this good land which the LORD your God hath given you.
Joshua 23:15

through Moses, GOD gave the Israelites a choice: blessing or curses.
Joshua reminded them of the consequences promised to those who chose curses.

Whithersoever they went out, the hand of the LORD was against them for evil, as the LORD had said, and as the LORD had sworn unto them: and they were greatly distressed.
Judges 2:15

same situation, more or less.

But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.
1 Samuel 16:14

when King Saul fell from GOD's favor, by disobeying, GOD sent an evil spirit to torment him!

And I am this day weak, though anointed king; and these men the sons of Zeruiah be too hard for me: the LORD shall reward the doer of evil according to his wickedness.
2 Samuel 3:39

evil from GOD as a punishment for wickedness.
(evil is divine but wickedness is human)

Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.
2 Samuel 12:11

GOD even punished King David with evil, when David's desire for Bathsheba caused him to kill one of his best military men, Uriah.

And when the angel stretched out his hand upon Jerusalem to destroy it, the LORD repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed the people, It is enough: stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD was by the threshingplace of Araunah the Jebusite.
2 Samuel 24:16

GOD changed his mind, again, at the very last minute.

And they shall answer, Because they forsook the LORD their God, who brought forth their fathers out of the land of Egypt, and have taken hold upon other gods, and have worshipped them, and served them: therefore hath the LORD brought upon them all this evil.
1 Kings 9:9

once again, it is GOD who brings evil upon the people who did not do as he has told them to do.

-----------

those are just a part of all the verses in the OT that say something about GOD's use of evil.

if it is GOD's good pleasure to correct and refine his people, then yes, it is true that he takes pleasure in evil.

not in a sadistic way but in the way of being "cruel to be kind - in the right measure."

why would GOD only be one half of the character of mankind when man was made in the image of GOD's likeness?
if man can be wicked, then obviously GOD can be evil.

free will is the name of the game, whether it is "good" or "evil."

the tree, remember?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am
Does that mean that man is more moral than God?

"morality" is a strictly human concept - a meaningless one, at that, since it is all about outer appearances.

GOD doesn't look at us the way most of us look at each other.
ethics are what really counts and i'd say no one is more ethical than GOD.

morals are "Of or concerned with the judgment of the goodness or badness of human action and character."

ethics are "A set of principles of right conduct."

new topics

join