It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stalking the UFOs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by observe50

IMO opinion and I'm sure no one really cares about my opinion I say this:

It's ok to have the charts etc. but as a whole most don't report. During the day the ships can fly higher and blend in easily.

I read your opinions every time I see it in a thread. I recall sending a u2u a long, long time ago suggesting a tasteful avatar to gain more attention. You declined.

You make valid points. In the two definite sightings I've had, neither was reported. 5 friends didn't either. It's just not the cultural thing to do for most folk. Skywatches, improved data collection and guys like Teodarani, Haines, Valle, Maccabee examining the results. All these things would help us even the odds of observing this phenomena.

It just seems like we don't have a lot of say in the matter

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Maybe the number "11" is representative of something?

www.greatdreams.com...

"Number Eleven possesses the qualities of intuition, patience, honesty, sensitivity, and spirituality, and is idealistic. Others turn to people who are 'Eleven' for teaching and inspiration, and are usually uplifted by the experience.

In systems such as Astrology and basic Numerology, eleven is considered to be a Master Number. Eleven can also represent sin; transgression and peril. Ten being the perfect number, eleven represents the exceeding of both. It is interesting to note that eleven when broken down ( 1+1=2) comprises the Two of duality. Number eleven is a master vibration and as such should not be reduced to a single number.People with this number could be both idealistic and visionary, and they are attracted to the unknown.They can be both unusual, interesting and magnetic personalities.

Eleven bring the gift of spiritual inheritance, is gifted as the "Light-Bearer". It is the number of the Light within all. Strengthened by the love of Peace, gentleness, sensitivity and insight. Greatest facility is the awareness of Universal relationship. Is related to the energy of Oppositions and the Balancing needed in order to achieve synthesis. Eleven is The PeaceMaker... Colours : Gold, Salmon, Prune, White and Black."

Could be something or nothing. Not sure what to make of the phenomenon...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

excellent, s + f

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Kandinsky my good mate!

You Have Outdone Yourself!

Absolutely awesome thread mate. This is what ATS is all about! I've saved your OP to my hard drive for posterity! I don't know where you find the time to do such exhaustive research.

Locked & Loaded... Flagged and Starred!

IRM

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Here's my thoughts before reading any of the rest of the posts to thread... and sorry if I missed something, it was a long read!

UFO sightings are higher in the summer because more people go outside at night in the summer.
UFO sightings are higher around 11 PM because this is when it's completely dark outside in every season, but people are still awake.
UFO sightings are higher in places with higher population densities because there are more people around to see them.
I am guessing if everyone stayed up til 3 AM every morning, UFO sightings would be the same as 11 pm.... I don't think they're congregating at that time. It's a case of 'most Shark attacks happen within a mile of shore' well DUH. That's where all the people swim. I think it's merely a case of the fact that 11 is dark year round, but still somewhat early, when people have family get togethers and sit outside, or go out for their last cigarette, etc etc. I really don't think there's anything special to it.

I am not saying I know I'm right though, because I haven't looked very carefully at the replies or anything. This is just my initial reaction.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Very nice this threat is, spend a good half an hour reading everyones comments but I'm glad I did, good find

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Very good thread and one that deserves more flags and stars, You have put alot of energy and research in to this and you have given us alot to go on.

IMHO the reason why the sightings go up between June and November is purely because of better weather which brings the people out of their houses and thus they spend more time outside and of course clearer skies means that those people outside will see more of the 'space' above their heads.

Thankyou OP for a refreshing thread involving UFO they have been very few and far between lately.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Is there any connection with this.

The Eleventh Hour
"a time which is nearly too late"

Maybe in a connection with this documentary...
The 11th Hour
Probably not.

Maybe this: The 11th Hour Conventions

..or maybe this: 11:11
Who knows....

But I do find it interesting that there is this consistency of time and sighting.

Peace!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by immortal coil

Dang, a little to late.

Oh well. We have the same idea but two different sites.

Peace!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

There are so many variables to take into account with such a study. Perhaps the 10-11pm timeslot is when more people engage in excess drinking and recreational drug use. Could have some impact on what they're seeing. Also, a giddy mood could help lure the individual to perpetrate a hoax.

Honestly though, I do love Dr. Vallee, and think his study is important in weeding out some of the more conventional sightings.. i.e. "lights in the sky" sort of UFO report. Vallee has been at it for quite some time now, KUDOS to him!

It's also a very well written thread on your part, thanks for sharing.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Scramjet76]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
Perhaps the 10-11pm timeslot is when more people engage in excess drinking and recreational drug use. Could have some impact on what they're seeing.

Hi sorry but I have a problem with this, as someone who has a) seen several UFOs and b) someone who occasionally indulges in excess.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Student X]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
how do you know what's a satellite in the night sky? When staying on the great lakes I often see weird fast movers high in the night sky, no strobes or noise, (I know mil and comm aircraft) they look just like stars but go from horizon to horizon in a minute or two which dont usualltychange directions.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Great thread K. You are very good at piecing your points and my favorite posters are always replying to your stuff. Nothing of real value to add but it did strike me that even when considering all known hoaxes out of over 4000 sightings per year in the last decade we have no real proof. THAT SUCKS EH?!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
has anyone tried looking for ufo's at local apparent sidereal time 13:30?
I heard it mentioned but people seem confused. its not the same time every day.
it is the time when the spot on the earth you are standing is facing directly away from the center of the milky way. the time changes daily and has to be calculated. you can use the naval observatories website to find out the time at your location. just enter your city and state. search for "local apparent sidereal time" and you will find the site.
the hour around 13:30 local sidereal time is when remote viewing ability has been reported to increace by 350%. according to the book psi spies they dont know the reason for this.
I have talked to alot of people about this and nobody seems to get it. this is when the military rv'ers have supposedly made mental contact with aliens.
there seems to be somthing that happens when the earth shields us from the center of the milky way. I dont know why it does this. but I have also heard that on dec 23 2012 the sun will lign up with the center of the milky way from our position on earth the sun will then be shielding us in a way it hasnt done in 25000 years. I wonder if that will make it easier to remote view. remote viewers have reported having mental contact with aliens at lst 13:30. It would be interesting if this alignment allows the rest of us to have experiances like thise reported in the book psi spies. it could be rather, illuminating.
what do you guys think?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
excellent thread.

where i live in southwest Missouri near Springfield, the sky's are full of them.
its true that you will mostly start seeing them around 9:00 to 11:30 at night. its very rare to see them past 1 am, but what you will see is stationary or hovering ones in the earlier morning hours. Ive witnessed some massive ones that time of the morning from the highway, with other cars that were pulled over watching as well. SPOOKY STUFF!, when they're hovering.

maybe it has something to do with our sleeping schedule? we're more easily accessible when our minds are shut down and locked into a state of suspended animation. they enter us during our dream faze

maybe thats why i stay up all hours of the night keeping an eye on the lil sneakers. so they stay the hell out of me....lol

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by aliengenes

Maybe you don't have to lose sleep. You could try performing a banishing ritual before bed.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Student X

I like sleeping during the day

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Kandinsky,

I want to answer your question about no Avatar.

I have only seen one that was me and someone had that Avatar. It belonged to a member here the name S.......dog I believe I don't know how to spell.

It was a hand with a plant in it. This member offered to give it to me because he was going to change his Avatar but I declined because I didn't know how to do the Avatar thingy...I really suck at the computer I wing my way around and am pleased when I figure something out.

I thank you for your offer.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
If you are interesting in the question at which time of the day UFO sightings happen you should also read this blog post by "The Professor":

The Law Of Times: is there a Close Encounters Pattern?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Kandinsky!

On a tangent...

Do you think that you could make any sense out of the recent animal deaths enough to track one or two 24 hour periods to see if there is a pattern of movement around the planet?

I was wondering if electromagnetic problems from an errant or purposeful satellite might be the cause.

I am not trying to be uber conspiratorial about this, but I really wonder about it. There seems to be too much of it to be some strange random event. But then possibly that's a mere perception.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join