It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I admit, I am anti-west philosophy .....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Considering I am a Christian Mystic Nondualist ( I'll leave that to you to decipher).

Anyway, coming from a spiritual point of view and seeing the changes in American culture over the last 30 years I have to say I am anti-west.

First off I have been to Europe and have friends of many cultures, European, Arabian, Asian ...and I have to say the folks that live in the U.S. for the most part are in a dumbed down society.

Its like being surrounded by a bunch of dumbed down sleeping zombies. The education system has gotten worse, a college degree these days means nothing.

Spiritually this society is so super-ego based, me me me, mine mine mine, its all about money, everyone works more than enjoying life, stress, road rage, I got more than you, its just so pathetic.

I remember in the 80's and and before that, the west was powerful, smart, advanced, etc. But I see all of that shifting East now.

I see here a bunch of fast food eating, MSM watching, favorite sitcom tv dinner eating, uneducated clones and I have at least a few dozen or so intelectual friends who agree.

Oh, and try and see what happens if you bring up anything with even a bit of philosophy or deeper meaning in it ....they will destroy you for it.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
Considering I am a Christian Mystic Nondualist ( I'll leave that to you to decipher).

Well, may I humbly point out that being "anti" anything is both the definition of dualism and pretty much every Western philosophy.

You see the problem?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I too remember
the days when it wasn't
the asking of a question, but
which question is most interesting.
People would take turns, and help others
with their question first, but this has gone away.

One of the foremost leading Mathematicians
in the world explained it to me this way.
A high school diploma in Amsterdam
is equal to a US college degree.
That was back in 1995.
It may be even
worse now.

David Grouchy

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Hmm. I took "nondualist" to mean he doesn't believe in the polar God vs. Satan thing. That sort of dualism. But I may be wrong.
The Christian mystic part makes me think of the mystic book "Way of the Pilgrim"...
Perhaps the OP will at least confirm or deny this.

The thing is , though, that although Europe isn't in the western hemisphere, it is connoted in the term the "western world".

[edit on 24/7/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I appreciate the emotion your are trying to articulate here.

There is right in wrong in this world and that is a philosophy with no cardinal point fixed to it.

It seems the time has come for conquest to realize there is no longer a need outside of personal alchemy.

I love the Taoist statement that the ocean is the most humble. It lies low, as the source, that all water returns to. There is much truth in this process that repeats throughout the universe.

If Eastern or Western philosophy is where you resonate then you will cone to see that the current empire's actions are the fire, serving as the catalyst, that is forcing the purification stage of life on this planet.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Well, may I humbly point out that being "anti" anything is both the definition of dualism and pretty much every Western philosophy.

Yes of course ...from the nondualist point of view ...its hypocracy ...however it is stated as form to stir up the waters ...to see the sentiments out there ....besides being a nondualist ....Im still a work in progress ...even though the "I'm is just an illusion"

Hmm. I took "nondualist" to mean he doesn't believe in the polar God vs. Satan thing. That sort of dualism. But I may be wrong.

Yeah ...there just Is ...the Isness or Beingness is Infinite and is ABsolute is God ......I believe perhaps a Satan may exist as an extension of nonduality ...however I also feel the ego is an extension of Satan ..the veil of illusion. Truth is nondual, beyond words, thoughts ....

The Christian mystic part makes me think of the mystic book "Way of the Pilgrim"... Perhaps the OP will at least confirm or deny this.

Spot on ....of course ...... Awesome book ....very hard core!!!

If Eastern or Western philosophy is where you resonate then you will cone to see that the current empire's actions are the fire, serving as the catalyst, that is forcing the purification stage of life on this planet.

Yes of course, whats going on in the West now is a natural cycle that has taken place for eons we can say. I think the Ego is the cause of travesty all over the globe but feel that in Eastern Philosophy at least we have something closer to the core of the heart closer to nonduality.

I know Eu is considered West also ....although being there reminds as if it is in a cross roads between East and west ...over there people still tend to have an openness, humbleness, warmth, that seems to be lacking here.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by dominicus]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Well, Considering I am just a plain ordinary Christian ( I'll leave that to you to decipher). I have a different slant. We are living in a time of troubles - the world in not getting more peaceful, it's getting more violent. The problems you listed are only a few of thousands more through out the world.

If the government had it's priorities straight there would be more funding of education than funding of weapons and war.

Some nations have more problems than others but I'm going to enjoy life despite the nation and despite the era I was born into. I can even find enjoyment in talking to "zombies".

You would be surprised how many interesting conversations you can have with folks in public. I met a lady in the grocery checkout line the other day that didn't know about the gulf disaster. I enjoyed being able to teach her something and she enjoyed learning. Different people have different backgrounds and interests. Consider it a cultural exchange.

I would love to see you converse with an Amish gentleman.

Peace

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
What anti-west are you talking about? America? UK? Canada? Norway, well, any of the Scandinavian countries? Aruba? Cuba? You're going to have to be clearer on this.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by intrepid]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

What anti-west are you talking about? America? UK? Canada? Norway, well, any of the Scandinavian countries? Aruba? Cuba? You're going to have to be clearer on this.

How about anti-West (american) philosophy.....

Democracy ...while a good idea ...is corrupt by ego anywhere you go ....I just mean the zombie-ism of the youth by media, the fast food, everyone so fat, the whole system here is a sham ....and most have nothing deep to talk about besides drinking beers, burgers, farting, and burping.......

I think the only way it will work is a Theocracy or an Enlightenment-ocracy ...where it would be impossible to lie, be corrupt, everyone completely knew each other, can know lies, etc etc

new topics

top topics

join