It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Above, So Below?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Space: the final frontier.

Well, not quite.

Ever since we crawled out of the slime mankind has dreamt of reaching out to the stars. First in fiction, thanks to the prominent fathers of science fiction writing such as H.G. Wells, Hugo Gernsback and even Edgar Allan Poe.

Eventually, thanks to advancements in rocketry in the 1930's/40's space flight became a reality and, spurred on by the Cold War space race, man finally set foot on The Moon in 1969. Since then massive amounts of time and money have been spent on satellites, probes, space shuttles and space stations alike - all in an effort to better understand the universe and the secrets it contains.

However, there was another father of science fiction that I have missed out - Jules Verne. While Verne also wrote of the possibilities of space travel (see here) he also wrote about another form of exploration, not up into space, but down into the depths of the oceans. This novel was called Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea and told the story of Captain Nemo and his submarine Nautilus as seen from the perspective of Professor Pierre Aronnax.

During their time on the Nautilus, the men experience exciting adventures. They hunt in underwater forests, visit an island with angry natives, visit the lost city of Atlantis, and fish for giant pearls. - en.wikipedia.org...

One hundred and forty years later and we still know very little of what lurks beneath the surface - in essence - the deep seas are still at the mercy of speculation. Science fiction more than science fact.

An estimated 50-80% of all life on earth is found under the ocean surface and the oceans contain 99% of the living space on the planet. Less than 10% of that space has been explored by humans.

Could it be that we have been covertly discouraged from deep sea exploration by those with something to hide?

What could these secrets be?

Aliens!

Sightings of UFO’s in the vicinity of large bodies of water are very common indeed, as are sightings of UFO’s directly interacting with said water – in the latter instance these UFO’s are known as USO’s or Unidentified Submerged Objects. According to some ‘experts’ the North Atlantic seems to be very significant and is possibly the largest sea base in European waters. Other reported underwater bases are in South America waters- in the areas of Puerto Rico and Brazil- in Antarctica and other deep unobserved areas of ocean. All of these bases are supposedly protected by a high level conspiracy.

Author and researcher Dr. Ivan T. Sanderson was one of the first to suggest that aliens could remain undetected by building their bases beneath the world's oceans. He cited one such case that occurred in 1963 when, on a training manoeuvre, a US Navy sonar operator detected a sub aqueous object travelling at over 150 knots. The technicians tracked this object for four days as it manoeuvred down to the incredible depth of 27,000 feet where they lost it. Incidents like this are far from unique and there have been numerous other sightings of USO’s by legitimate sources.

As farfetched as it may seem Earth’s oceans and seas would be the perfect hiding place for extraterrestrial life. The oceans cover two-thirds of the planet and considering that less than 10% of it has been explored they could, considering their level of technology, easily be hiding in the darkness of the deep.

So, could government funding for deep sea exploration have been restricted to keep these bases a secret?

It seems a bit of a silly supposition to suggest such a conspiracy exists, especially considering that the alternative is to send men into space – a place where seeing possible UFO/Alien life seems far more likely. But maybe those in charge saw space as the lesser of two evils, at least space can make as much money as is spent, and of course public pressure also plays a pivotal role.

So if not alien bases, what about top secret military bases?

Top Secret Military Bases

This idea seems a lot more plausible. For decades Area 51 existed in complete secrecy, operating within the United States Air Force's vast Nevada Test and Training Range. Even now it is universally known it still retains its intense secrecy - the very existence of Area 51 is barely acknowledged by the U.S. government.

So the thought of there being an underwater equivalent isn’t an extraordinary one, at all....

Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center[

The U.S. Navy's Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) is an instrumented laboratory that performs integrated three-dimensional hydrospace/aerospace trajectory measurements covering the entire spectrum of undersea simulated warfare: calibration, classifications, detection, and destruction. Its vital mission is to assist in establishing and maintaining naval supremacy of the United States through testing, evaluation, and underwater research.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3f2df903c00b.jpg[/atsimg]

The sophisticated facility includes three test ranges: the Weapons Range, the Acoustic Range, and the FORACS Range, all located in the "Tongue of the ocean" (TOTO), a deep-ocean basin approximately 100 nautical miles (190 km) long by 15 nautical miles (28 km) wide with depths as great as 6,000 feet (1,800 m). The main AUTEC support base and downrange tracking stations are on Andros Island in the Bahamas, just west of Nassau and about 180 nautical miles (333 km) southeast of West Palm Beach, Florida. - en.wikipedia.org...

AUTEC even has a British equivelant - BUTEC.

But AUTEC doesn’t seem quite ‘top secret’ enough for my liking – not enough to warrant the lack of deep sea exploration anyway. So, what else could be going on?

According to one ‘whistleblower’ there is A LOT going on. In January 2010 Project Camelot interviewed Aaron McCollum about his personal experiences with numerous top secret projects – the one most relevant to this thread being Project Seagate. The interview is below.

At a certain point, he was based in the area around the Caribbean where he found himself involved in a top secret project called Project Seagate at an undersea base. There, his experiences become even more bizarre involving experimentation with dolphins, time travel through portals and telepathic communication. - projectcamelotproductions.com...

Could the US government actually have these underwater bases where all manner of dark, secretive experiments and research is carried out? Well, according to a document released by the Naval Ordnance Test Station based in China Lake California entitled ‘MANNED UNDERSEA STRUCTURES - THE ROCK-SITE CONCEPT’, the government were looking into the idea of underwater bases as early as 1966!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d9560f396cf.jpg[/atsimg]

Abstract : Large undersea installations with a shirt-sleeve environment have existed under the continental shelves for many decades. The technology now exists, using off-the-shelf petroleum, mining, submarine, and nuclear equipment, to establish permanent manned installations within the sea floor that do not have any air umbilical or other connection with the land or water surface, yet maintain a normal one-atmosphere environment within. This presentation briefly reviews the past and present in-the-sea-floor mineral industry. The methods presently practical for direct access to and from permanent in-the-sea-floor installations are outlined, and the specific operations and types of tools indicated. Initial power requirements and cost estimates are included. - oai.dtic.mil...

As Richard Sauder states in his book, 'Underwater and Underground Bases':

“Astonishing, isn’t it? We need to adjust our ideas as to what is possible and what is not. Here is a US Navy Document from the 1960’s that plainly describes the capabilities of the underground construction industry at that time as fully able to tunnel out hundreds of miles beneath the ocean, at depths as great as two miles below the sea floor!”

The idea of these underground bases now doesn’t seem so outrageous. So, could this be the real reason why we haven’t explored the oceans of the world?

Alternative History

Another possible explanation could lie thousand of years in our past. What if the Oceans of today held the key to our civilisations history – our TRUE history? Would ‘they’ let us go snooping around the ruins of ancient civilisations that shouldn’t exist? I don’t think so!

I made a thread a couple of days ago called ‘7 Submerged Wonders of the World’ which looked at the numerous ancient ruins that have been found submerged all over the world - ruins that have even caused scientists to question the history of human civilization itself.

We have only explored 10% of our planets oceans. Could this also mean we only know 10% of TRUE human history?

[edit on 24/7/10 by LiveForever8]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
What Lies Beneath?

Last, but by no means least, we come to possibly my favourite theory – the theory that, hiding somewhere in the blackness of the deep, there is a creature so MASSIVE, so DANGEROUS, that those in the know, know better than to even dare enter it’s domain!

While this may sound like the stuff of a terrible low budget monster/disaster film (‘Mega Shark Versus Giant Octopus’, anyone?) there is at least a smidgen of evidence in its favour. I give you ‘The Bloop’....

The Bloop is the name given to an ultra-low frequency and extremely powerful underwater sound detected by the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) several times during 1997.

According to the NOAA description, it "rises rapidly in frequency over about one minute and was of sufficient amplitude to be heard on multiple sensors, at a range of over 5,000 km." The NOAA's Dr. Christopher Fox does not believe its origin is human, such as a submarine or bomb, nor familiar geological events such as volcanoes or earthquakes. While the audio profile of the bloop does resemble that of a living creature, the source is a mystery both because it is different from known sounds and because it was far too loud: it was several times louder than the loudest known biological sound. - en.wikipedia.org...

Along with The Bloop there are five other significant unexplained sounds that have been named by NOAA: Julia, Train, Slowdown, Whistle, and Upsweep - all unexplained.

Although the idea of sea monsters seems ridiculous today there have been reports in the past -

Dr David Clarke, an expert in unexplained phenomena, said the Navy showed an interest in sea monsters in the 19th century.

The National Archives in Kew, west London, contain several historic Royal Navy files about strange sightings on the oceans, he said.

These include an 1830 report sent to the Admiralty in London by the captain of the ship Rob Roy about a ''great thundering big sea snake'' measuring about 129ft long seen by his crew in the waters near the remote island of St Helena in the South Atlantic.

Another file records how Commander George Harrington, captain of the Castilian, saw ''a monster of extraordinary length'' rear its head out of the sea, again near St Helena, in 1857.

The MoD stated that The Royal Navy may hold records about possible sea monsters but it does not collect them centrally - which means that any possible sightings would probably just be ignored and forgotten over time.

''They should be recording those kind of things, but I don't think anybody is recording them,'' said Mr Clarke.

''It's short-sightedness – but that's bureaucracy.'' - www.telegraph.co.uk...

So could the governments of the world be burying this information to stop a mass panic? Could this be the REAL reason why so much of our oceans remain unexplored?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully I have left you asking some questions as to the possible true nature of why we have spent such little time, money and effort (compared to space travel) exploring our own planets oceans.

I am fully aware of the political and economic reasons why this might be the case but this is a conspiracy website and there is nothing wrong with a bit of speculation

All opinions are welcome.

Forget space travel. The ocean is our final frontier

Sources and Resources

www.etfriends.com...
projectcamelotproductions.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
oai.dtic.mil...
projectcamelot.org...
www.telegraph.co.uk...
www.timesonline.co.uk...
marinebio.org...
www.crystalinks.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.crowdedskies.com...
ufo.whipnet.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.forbes.com...
freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
All of these things are things that interest me.

The bloop, in particular.

I do not believe that a sea monster would be enough to hide anything over. The natural biology of the planet is not likely to be hidden on purpose.

I believe it has to do with a mix of aliens and human origins. The US Navy has extensive records that it will not release. They have surveyed everything down there. I bet the other governments with subs have as well.

I also believe that the UBoat was a major source of power because it gave them insight into human origins and possibly alien tech.

The trick, i think, is to find naval officers who served on submarines. If any of them will share stories we could get something to work from.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
All of these things are things that interest me.

The bloop, in particular.

Yep, The Bloop is fascinating. Here are the other unidentified sounds:

Julia - recorded on March 1, 1999
Upsweep - recorded August, 1991
Train - recorded on March 5, 1997
Whistle - recorded on July 7, 1997
Slowdown - recorded May 19, 1997

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I have often wondered what kind of strange events can be caused by galactic or solar system wide energies interacting with the Earth.

Sounds like that, which have no real or plausible explanation, would be candidates for such ideas.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Its a shame this thread isn't getting a little more traffic. It is well presented and informative.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I'm a bit surprised this hasn't interested more people too, after all, it's got a little bit of everything. Underwater alien bases AND sea monsters in the same thread, what more do these people want!?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

I'm a bit surprised this hasn't interested more people too, after all, it's got a little bit of everything. Underwater alien bases AND sea monsters in the same thread, what more do these people want!?

if you follow Hollywood, you might consider adding in some CGI, some boobs, and some explosions.

AUTEC is something that amazes me. There is a big, big story there somewhere. Zorgon had just started digging into AUTEC when he disappeared.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

My mind isn't made up on AUTEC to be honest. I do find it interesting that it finds itself in amongst the Bermuda Triangle, although the BT is another subject that is yet to win me over.

I might arrange a visit, see if I can dig up some dirt on the place

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I believe "the bloop" was explained last year or the year before but I can't remember what the explanation was.

Harte

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
I believe "the bloop" was explained last year or the year before but I can't remember what the explanation was.

Harte

Now Harte, i would never question your integrity. But you are a hard core skeptic. YOu can't just drop something like that without something to help it out a little, you know?

LOL, but i would LOVE to hear something to explain it.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I think I read somewhere last year that God had been 100% disproven, I can't remember where or how but I'm sure I did

top topics

join