It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's & the Military: What unit handles the phenomenon???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SupremeKnowledge

Originally posted by Compass_Call
navy seals do not specialize in any type of recovery, including SAR. they are completely combat oriented. i would stick with the air force on this one.

The Air Force has the least amount of training than any branch of the military,

Air Force basic training is 7 weeks,
Army is 13 weeks,

Air Force personnel dont even carry rifles, all they have are handguns,

So I dont think they would send the Air Force to pick up a crashed alien ship;
What if there are live hostile aliens inside?

If I was in charge I would send in the most elite units, which would be the "Navy Seals"

After the ship is recovered I imagine they would send it to an "Air Force" base for reverse engineering

Or if they wanted to be really super secret about it,
They would air-lift it to a huge Navy Aircraft Carrier in the middle of the pacific ocean

or one of their underground/underwater bases, if they even have one....

With the Air Craft Carrier holding the ufo in the center, you could have 20 to 30 Fighter Jets on board ready to fly anytime within minutes, nuclear missiles, Artillery bombardment guns, etc,
The Air Craft Carrier could have a rader covering 500 miles,
At the radius of where the Air Craft Carriers Ships Raders ends,
You could place 5 Nuclear Submarines all around the radius with 500 miles of radar coverage,

At the 500 mile radar coverage where the subs end you could place 10 Gun Ships, around the radius of the subs

If you dont call that security,
Then I dont know what planet youre living on

[edit on 25-7-2010 by SupremeKnowledge]

You are incorrect on many statements. AFSOC or Air Force Special Operations Command has some of the most highly trained operators in the world. When the Navy SEALs are incapacitated, it is usually Air Force PJ's who rescue them. They have the same level of training if not more than any special forces team in the world. Air Force PJ's are the ones who specialized in the recovery of astronauts and their space capsules. They would be a much better choice than SEALs. Not to mention, most military operations in space are under the command of Air Force Space Command. I have some great pictures of Air Force Special Forces, just so you know that they too play a ground combat role, even in Afghanistan and Iraq.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SupremeKnowledge

navy seals do not specialize in any type of recovery, including SAR. they are completely combat oriented. i would stick with the air force on this one.

The Air Force has the least amount of training than any branch of the military,

Air Force basic training is 7 weeks,
Army is 13 weeks,

Air Force personnel dont even carry rifles, all they have are handguns,

So I dont think they would send the Air Force to pick up a crashed alien ship;
What if there are live hostile aliens inside?

If I was in charge I would send in the most elite units, which would be the "Navy Seals"

After the ship is recovered I imagine they would send it to an "Air Force" base for reverse engineering

Or if they wanted to be really super secret about it,
They would air-lift it to a huge Navy Aircraft Carrier in the middle of the pacific ocean

or one of their underground/underwater bases, if they even have one....

With the Air Craft Carrier holding the ufo in the center, you could have 20 to 30 Fighter Jets on board ready to fly anytime within minutes, nuclear missiles, Artillery bombardment guns, etc,
The Air Craft Carrier could have a rader covering 500 miles,
At the radius of where the Air Craft Carriers Ships Raders ends,
You could place 5 Nuclear Submarines all around the radius with 500 miles of radar coverage,

At the 500 mile radar coverage where the subs end you could place 10 Gun Ships, around the radius of the subs

If you dont call that security,
Then I dont know what planet youre living on

[edit on 25-7-2010 by SupremeKnowledge]

You are incorrect on many statements. AFSOC or Air Force Special Operations Command has some of the most highly trained operators in the world. When the Navy SEALs are incapacitated, it is usually Air Force PJ's who rescue them. They have the same level of training if not more than any special forces team in the world. Air Force PJ's are the ones who specialized in the recovery of astronauts and their space capsules. They would be a much better choice than SEALs. Not to mention, most military operations in space are under the command of Air Force Space Command. I have some great pictures of Air Force Special Forces, just so you know that they too play a ground combat role, even in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Wow!!!
Ive never heard of the Air Force PJ's
If this is true then I agree with you

I think Air Force Space Command and Naval Space Command works together,
Including NASA....

[edit on 26-7-2010 by SupremeKnowledge]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
You can bet your bottom dollar NASA, Air Force Space Command and Navy Space command are all big time players in whatever is going on!

2.bp.blogspot.com...

Here is a pic of a PJ in Iraq, just to paint you a picture.
P.S. I have met one a PJ and they are pretty bad ass dude

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Hi there, I have a peer of doubts relationship to Spain UFO crashes casuistry.

Do you knows whether there has been some kind of UFO crash around the Spain throughout all these years, or like in United States, when a UFO crashes and have needs in emergency case a high-specialized UFO crash retrieval team, in Spanish territory, where Spanish military of the army and the Air Force have jurisdiction to operate, and my question is: ¿There any Unit or Group within the Spanish Army or Air Force which has the main task of the UFO crash recovery and subsequent emergency procedures to "clean up" the crash area?

Regards

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Freidman's MJ 12 docs refer to these type units as OPNAC units. Is anyone familiar with this term?
My research seems to indicate that the navy runs lead because they have the best security. I would imagine if some one were in an OPNAC unit their previous occupation would be irrelevant.The best operator for the job regardless of service.
Wouldn't that suck?knowing all these world shattering facts and dying, knowing that the truth would change the world.I bet the leash on these boys are tight and lethal.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

Yes, all British interest in UFOs officially ended on 1 December 2009.

Source

The MOD has no opinion on the existence or otherwise of extra-terrestrial life. However, in over fifty years, no UFO report has revealed any evidence of a potential threat to the United Kingdom.

The MOD has no specific capability for identifying the nature of such sightings. There is no Defence benefit in such investigation and it would be an inappropriate use of defence resources. Furthermore, responding to reported UFO sightings diverts MOD resources from tasks that are relevant to Defence.

Accordingly, and in order to make best use of Defence resources, we have decided that from the 1 December 2009 the dedicated UFO hotline answer-phone service and e-mail address will be withdrawn. MOD will no longer respond to reported UFO sightings or investigate them. The ongoing programme to release Departmental files on UFO matters to the National Archive will continue.

Further: any unsolicited UFO reports received by the MOD are now destroyed after 30 days; thus, are not subject to any future FOI (Freedom of Information) requests.

After studying the MOD's UFO files released by the National Archives it becomes very clear that if there is/was any branch of the UK military actively involved in any actual "UFO/alien business" then it is/was a highly secret and "invisible" department.

So much so that the Air Secretariat -- official point of contact for all government, military, law enforcement and civilian enquiries and reports -- DI55 -- the defence intelligence unit responsible for investigating "unusual" incidents -- and government ministers were completely unaware of it.

It is interesting that there is now no official channel for military, law enforcement and civil aviation to forward UFO reports to. At the very least it makes the task of receiving and collating said reports very difficult/impossible for any super-secret department should they exist...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Anybody with an interest in this area should read the book ' Eyes Only ' about the life of Clifford Stone (personally i do not think it does the great man enough justice) but it gives some insight into the military workings of this field.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: nanobyte

UFOs/ETCs (Extra-Terrestrial Crafts) are handled by UNIT (UNified Intelligence Taskforce). It's not just a thing from Doctor Who it's real as confermed by the former Canadian defence minister. He didn't name it or use the turm UNIT but he did say an international military organization exactly like UNIT exists to handle UFOs/ETCs and Extra-Terrestrials.
edit on 1-11-2015 by 1337F0X because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1337F0X
a reply to: nanobyte

UFOs/ETCs (Extra-Terrestrial Crafts) are handled by UNIT (UNified Intelligence Taskforce). It's not just a thing from Doctor Who it's real as confermed by the former Canadian defence minister. He didn't name it or use the turm UNIT but he did say an international military organization exactly like UNIT exists to handle UFOs/ETCs and Extra-Terrestrials.

I thought it was handled by S.H.A.D.O..

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

Different Britsh Sci Fi.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
How about the USAF, Foreign Material Command at Wright Patterson AFB? They have been doing this stuff since Project Paperclip in WW2. They don't wear any exotic berets or operate in secret.

edit on 1-11-2015 by buddah6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Please keep this on topic. Thanks and do not reply to this post.

Blaine91555

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
S4 UK MOD

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrashRetrieval
Anybody with an interest in this area should read the book ' Eyes Only ' about the life of Clifford Stone (personally i do not think it does the great man enough justice) but it gives some insight into the military workings of this field.

Clifford did fairly long AMA here a while back. I wasnt impressed with the guy myself, but to each his own.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join