It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Art business advice please.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Is there any members on the board with their own Art business, shop, website etc?

I'm about to embark on a journey into the world of Art.

I'm creating a business model and was hoping that there could be some advice on here?

I can't make my mind up on the name all I have is a list of three possibilities:

Name:

Shambala.
Shangri la.
Wavespell.

I didn't anticipate how difficult it would be choosing a name

I'm looking to create high quality looking website, I do not want it to look cheap, Black and gold are the colours I have in mind for the design.

I will be creating commercial Art while also creating Abstract and symbolic work made with Oil or Acrylic on Canvas.

The website will not be just dedicated to my own work but to other Artists also,
other artist will have a page dedicated to them alone for a commision based fee.

My website will be categorized:

Artists name.
Genre.
methods,(oils,prints etc)
plus also in specific subjects like: Alchemy, religious, society, sport etc...
these categories will evolve themselves when more work is added to the website.

Networking:

When i get up and running I will be looking to link up with many other businesses.
My thoughts are with linking up Art shops that sell the Materials, Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Premises:
I have made a small studio in my friends furniture shop this is a very satisfactory location and at no cost.

Although I will need to sell commercial work to pay the bills I am more interested in the more creative an original side of the business, i do not want to enter the cheap market i want to enter the market of quality and originality with the ethics of creativity always in mind.

Any advice would be very much appreciated thanks

new topics

join