It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee Republican Floats Secession Threat

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Tennessee Republican Floats Secession Threat

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com

Rep. Zach Wamp, one of three candidates seeking the GOP gubernatorial nomination in Tennessee, told Hotline OnCall that Perry had the right idea. Wamp argued that mandates forced on the states by the Obama administration's health care bill have put secession on the table.

"I hope that the American people will go to the ballot box in 2010 and 2012 so that states are not forced to consider separation from this government," Wamp told Hotline OnCall Friday.

Wamp said he hopes voters send a message in November that the federal government should "strictly adhere" to the Constitution.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
We need more politicians like this. I'd vote for this guy just because he thinks the government should follow the constitution.

The thing that surprised me though were the comments people had made below the article. One person suggested hanging him as a traitor.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I believe there are things that the states should get together and work on in unity before secession starts to become feasible or a reality.

It's all about process. The governors need to start taking a stronger leadership position in this nation to reign in the boundaries of the federal government.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It needs to be understood that our true power comes from the states, our governors and elected sheriffs, they are the legal tool for dealing with the rogue fed.
As long as the bill of rights stands at all states rights are our salvation.
N.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

It's got to happen eventually though. We're going to have to finish what was started in the civil war.

It's easy to see that another revolution is not far away. The tensions between the states and the federal government is growing (especially in AZ). The ingredients for a revolution are all there, we just need a spark to ignite it.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

It's got to happen eventually though. We're going to have to finish what was started in the civil war.

It's easy to see that another revolution is not far away. The tensions between the states and the federal government is growing (especially in AZ). The ingredients for a revolution are all there, we just need a spark to ignite it.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
It seems to me that the federal government has been systemically neutralizing the states' powers...using whatever means necessary to grow itself and control the states.

"You get this highway funding IF you change your speed limit to NN."

"You get this school funding IF you enroll all the children in No Child Left Behind."

And this suing of Arizona is a turning point for the states. They NEED to band together and countersue the federal government for all the damages they've cause by not upholding out laws. In addition, for laundering illegal money and allowing the banks to do the same.

Strength in unity. The states are the only way we will actually be able to change the things that need changing in the federal government.

The ONLY way.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Then lean on your governors and REMIND them how this government is supposed to work.

The second thing they need to do after the countersuit, is get the 1995 SCOTUS decision about states being allowed to set term limits for Congress (representatives and senators) overturned.

Secession should happen only after all other avenues are exhausted. This gentleman's efforts should be refocused by the people.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Before we get too carried away with what Zach Wamp stated. You may want to view this article from Tennessean.Com

COLUMBIA, Tenn. (AP) -- Tennessee gubernatorial candidate Zach Wamp backed away Friday from his comment to a Washington-based news organization suggesting that states may have to consider leaving the union.

The article Friday in the National Journal's Hotline On Call quoted the Republican congressman from Chattanooga as saying: "I hope that the American people will go to the ballot box in 2010 and 2012 so that states are not forced to consider separation from this government."

Wamp did not deny the accuracy of the quote. However, he told reporters at a campaign stop in Memphis that he doesn't know how the writer of the article on was able to "extrapolate" from an interview that he had suggested secession could be considered in response to federal mandates like President Barack Obama's new health care law.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

When someone issues a threat they are not prepared and do not even actually intend to follow through...I seriously question their credibility, confidence and mental stability.

To any state that wishes to secede - I think we should let them go.

Allow them to form their own entity within our boarders.

Then take them by force and make them work for low wages in manufacturing jobs to produce cheap American goods.

Why do they imagine the US, which they left, should treat them differently than we do any other country?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
They dont have to make some glorious secession move. Just start ignoring the fed. When they come looking for a handout just ignore them. When they come in to town to enforce federal "law" ignore them. Of course dont take anything the fed offers either. What the fed is offering isnt it's property to offer. It's like accepting stolen goods.

Secession is such a drama-queen way to the same end.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

This is true.

The Illuminati, the Freemasons, Rosecrucians and other Satanic societies are doing what they do best.

Dividing the population so they can manage them.

Creating war because this is just what they do.
This is the one and only way they can think of to solve a problem.

You see how it works?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I think its hilarious that he is upset about having socialized medicine considering the fact that Tennessee had the Tenncare program which lost the state BILLIONS. It was mismanaged from the start. He thinks maybe this was BETTER? I don't think so.

And yes, I think if he is putting succession on the table that he is a traitor.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Thanks for the OP! I say whatever it takes to get out from under the hand of the criminals that have stolen our federal government from the people. Everybody who doesn't think this is an option, get a clue, the fed represents nobody but themselves, they being corporatist fascist, criminals and the real traitors here! S&F..

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Secession is a pipe dream.

These people who claim to support secession now are simply upset with the current administration. They had absolutely no problems with being a part of the federal government when Bush was in office for 8 years, but now that the Democrat Obama is in office (despite the fact that he is virtually replicating Bush's policies), they all have their panties in a bunch. Notice how all of the cries for secession are coming from the far right.

The fact is, the vast majority of the American public, even in states that have the largest secession movements, do not support ceding from the union. It is a buzz-word thrown around by politicians hoping to energize the radically conservative base and get votes. I can guarantee that none of the ones mentioning secession will make any attempt to follow through on their words.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I do wish that like Europe, the states were all their own separate entities.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

We need more politicians like this. I'd vote for this guy just because he thinks the government should follow the constitution.

The thing that surprised me though were the comments people had made below the article. One person suggested hanging him as a traitor.

That moron? Please, he's been blowing up people's phones with those damn prerecorded messages and annoying the hell out of me. Tennessee gets plenty of money from the feds.

Tennessee taxpayers receive more federal funding per dollar of federal taxes paid compared to the average state. Per dollar of Federal tax collected in 2005, Tennessee citizens received approximately $1.27 in the way of federal spending. This ranks the state 19th highest nationally and represents a rise from 1995 when Tennessee received $1.07 per dollar of taxes in federal spending (25th highest). Neighboring states and the amount of federal spending per dollar of federal taxes collected were: Kentucky ($1.51), Virginia ($1.51), North Carolina ($1.08), Georgia ($1.01), Alabama ($1.66), Mississippi ($2.02), Arkansas ($1.41) and Missouri ($1.32).

www.taxfoundation.org...

Old Wamp is talking out his butt again. Let's see how quickly he'd cry is the state lost Oak Ridge, Ft Campbell, The TVA and all those cushy federal dollars we get. Puts a damper on succession.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by antonia]

[edit on 24-7-2010 by antonia]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

I don't think so Tim. It has nothing to do with the puppet Obama. And I said the same thing while Bush was in office. They are both pure evil. It's not a left thing or a right thing it's Americans vs the elite corporatist fascists. Wake up man!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
How we forget the past !

Once upon a time The United states was 13 sovereign countries . Much how the European Union is today. The federal part of the government was for mutual protection not to be the be all end all of all laws and source of money .

Since the civil war the cope and jurisdiction of the Federal Government has increased ,

What we are seeing is not traitors wanting to secede. We are seeing a symptom of a over reaching Federal bureaucracy that is slowly angering a greater and greater part of the US population .

This isnt Obama this isnt Bush this is the cumulative effects of self serving Presidents and politicians over the last 100 years but the most damage has happened in the last 10 years though .

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Oh please leave. And take Texas and Arizona with you. And give back the TVA and Oak Ridge National Lab.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join