It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

V shape bright UFO over Huntington Beach California

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This i found today and sorry but there is no information other than this.

Daytime V-shaped UFO was filmed hovering in the sky over Hungtington Beach in California, USA on Friday, 23rd July 2010.

July 23rd 15:30pm to 17:45pm
Source
Now the video the source shows is only 1min 47 seconds and this i am posting is 6mins 32 seconds of footage.
There are some still on the video as for what I think it is well some form of aircraft [Poss military]but again i am no expert.So what do you think?

[edit on 24-7-2010 by k3rm1t]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
seems too shiny to be military, and not moving straight or fast enough to be a plane - could easily be a huge mylar kite !

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Sometimes the best you can hope for , is a video or a picture about which the most you can say is, " I have no idea what the heck that is."
However, didnt look V shapped to me , but I dont have a geometry degree

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by k3rm1t

Unless at some point it darts off at amazing speed it might be a whole bunch of aluminum foil wadded around a balloon.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
looks like a kid's kite to me. Nothing exciting here but maybe a nice windy day.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Too bad the video is bad quality. I have seen Vshaped ufos before. I believe!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
As I posted in a thread with as similar video, Ive seen something like this before (at least how it looked in the beginning before it really looks like a V) over the chesapeake bay, so imo this video was not faked. I live by an area with a lot of military, the thing I saw looked like a hologram almost, maybe its some black op technology, I have no clue.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kalki11
seems too shiny to be military, and not moving straight or fast enough to be a plane - could easily be a huge mylar kite !

That's a good guess.. it does look like a highly reflective kite or something. Some reflections are steady like they'd be the edges of the kite, other flashes are random and quick, like silver mylar flapping in the wind. Second the shiny kite theory. Ultimately, it's definitely a "U"FO.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Could just be my eyes playing tricks on me, but after people mentioning kites, I feel like I can see strings or something, just below the kite. Almost like the video seems to distort slightly underneath the UFO, as though it's trying to show the strings, but the video isn't high-res enough.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
another video from the same youtube channel showing a triangle object

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I've seen boomerangs so I know they're real. But did anyone notice the sound on the second video is the same as the first one?? The freeway noise, a car starting up? I'm suspicious now.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by k3rm1t

k3rm1t.....

That could well be a plane that is being illuminated by the sun.

Have a look at this (you’ll need to use the slider bars to see the whole pic) …..

DepthOfField did a really nice study of how a plane can take on many bizzarre appearances under such illumination conditions, including that "orb" type effect in the photos.

Here it is:

DepthOfField Study of Plane Changing Appearance

Just one older example of mine... how a trivial airplane, flying maybe at 5 ..10 km up or so, without contrails, can appear later on the photo, when sunlight angles and perspective, along with powerfull optical zoom (12x) can stretch the things.

The following picture shows the same plane, and the time marks when the photo was taken, together with some relevant EXIF data (F-number, exposure time):

here another external version, since ATS media portal recompresses too much the file adding some jpeg artifacts):

img519.imageshack.us...

While when up from my head, the plane is easy to understand, later, when much far away and low to the horizon, along with sun glare on its body, the shape became much more "anomalous".

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Could be a AA American Airlines plane as a silver and shiny in appearance. There is no definitive shape that i can tell. The nutters would scream "it's morphing" it looks like a couple silver party balloons. I see no "V" shape. Looks like a allot of sun glare coming off of it. Im going with balloons.

Second video is indeed a Triangle. But that does not make it a UFO it means it has not been declassified yet. We call them the TR3B or Aurora programs on the skunk works forum.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Unknown Soldier]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

and another - this is getting busy huh??!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Looks like a high flying airplane to me.

it's shiny too.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It's an interesting video, but I'm inclined to believe it's filmed in the way Kruse does it. It really is an interesting illusion though, and since so many clips of UFOs of this type has emerged lately, it is likely that the answer lies in the out of focus blurring. Which means it's in fact an airplane, or even a helicopter.

It's good that clips like these gets posted though, so that people become more aware of what this phenomena actually is. It will eventually be classified as an identified object that's purely misrepresented.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Look at this person's youtube channel for crying out loud. Typical ignorant "youtube superstar" who thinks ever shiny thing in the sky, or light in the dark is some sort of ufo or alien. Time to throw the baby out with the bathwater here folks, or we will just keep doing this over and over and over and over and over

Rewarding his or her ignorance with this kind of attention only causes fools like him/her to become more delusional or whatever it is that allows him/her to think everything is a ufo.

People like this embarrass me, and they should embarrass you as well. This is NOT A UFO, NOT AN ALIEN SHIP, lol. Even trying to debunk this lowers all our iq points......

[edit on 27-7-2010 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Definitely too bright to be military or commercial. I believe you can also remove consideration of government black project aircraft because they are based on stealth, and that things shining like a Christmas tree. In my opinion its a alien craft or some moron willing to spend lots of money on air balloons with lots of mirrors... I take the alien craft

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Rewarding his or her ignorance with this kind of attention only causes fools like him/her to become more delusional or whatever it is that allows him/her to think everything is a ufo.

Who is rewarding anyone..? Though you are most likely right, tone it down guy...at least wait for the truly asinine to show up and post before going off.

I live in HB and I have seen this object several times - as part of the beach along that PCH in that area is dedicated to kite flying...

They get loose all the time and draw attention - especially the metallic ones.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Well, the purpose of these threads are to credit of discredit what is represented. Not everyone is known with how cameras and videocameras function and how it might produce an effect like this. These threads are a good way of providing information that clearly identifies this as what it is. I am not even familiar with how a camera functions, but I can compare clips with previously clips posted that has been identified. That's why, in my opinion, there should be a thread with references of identified phenomena for all members to review, making it easier to identify fake, and possible real UFOs. I was even in doubt for a slight second of what this was, it always helps to have someone to confirm what you were thinking, it's nothing wrong with that.

Eventually, at least hopefully, the information regarding clips like this will be common knowledge and regarded as such.

Besides, the person filming this is not getting rewarded with anything. He's being debunked.

top topics

join