It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4-year-old in a fight for his life

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Doctors can't figure out what's wrong Reece LoCicero, and his parents can't afford the bills.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c47da9c99206.jpg[/atsimg]

"Reece LoCicero has been a regular at Childrens Hospital of Los Angeles for most of his life. Some employees there even know his favorite video games.

The 4-year-old is scheduled to be back again today, this time for a surgery that's never been done on someone so young.

He's been frequenting doctors since he was a 10-month-old, and in that time he's been treated for recurring skin sores, internal bleeding, asthma and fevers of up to 106 degrees.

It has perplexed doctors as much as it's drained the Montrose family's ability to make ends meet. With constant medical appointments to keep, Reece's mother lost her office job. His dad's work hours have been cut, and they've been forced to move in with his grandmother.

"He practically lived in a hospital the first years of his life," Reece's 29-year-old mother, Natalia LoCicero, said. "It's been a roller coaster."

Reece's condition baffles doctors no matter how many biopsies or scans or tests or surgeries or colonoscopies are performed. The most common explanations for Reece's bleeding have all been ruled out, said Byrnie Collins, a gastroenterologist who began treating Reece at Childrens Hospital of Los Angeles in November 2008.

"At this point, we're kind of at a loss," she said. "We have a plan to hopefully come up with a set of answers, and then the plan leads us nowhere."

Reece earned the nickname "Little Slugger" on his Little League team for his relentless effort. He can throw a baseball, kick a soccer ball and school anyone in Nintendo Wii.

"I like reading too," he said.

He's growing nicely and is at a healthy weight, Collins said.

But that's where the normaly ends.

"We don't know if Reece will live two years from now, five years from now, 10 years from now," LoCicero said. "We have no idea. We don't know what it is."

Glendale News Press
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This is very sad.
Just when at times we think we have it bad, we don't. Not even one bit.

I have faith, that this young boy will be able to live a normal and healthy life soon.

I cannot begin to imagine what it is like to be in the parents situation, let alone the child. But I know they'll overcome it, and everything will be well.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Oozii]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Really heart moving read OP. I hope this kid get well soon so he can enjoy his normal life as child. Childhood years are the best years and any kid not able to live it completely due to something unexplained is heart wrenching.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Can't imagine the anguish his parents go through..a bloody nightmare i'm sure.

The doctors say they have no idea what's wrong with him, but i'm willing to bet good money they wouldn't dare say what i'm about to say...

How many, and what type, and how old was he..when he was vaccinated?

10 months is when his symptoms started right? What age do your kids start the rounds of getting pumped full of these things where he lives?

Not saying it's definitely connected, how could i? But i'm betting the doctors wouldn't dare to even suggest it.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Let's all hope for the best for the young boy, and his parents.

They say that they are going to have him swallow a pill sized camera to view the inside of his stomach and whatnot.

Hopefully they will figure out what the problem is and get treat him asap.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
i pray to a higher power to please help and bless Reece LoCicero and family may the wind always be at their backs and the sun upon their face and may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

[edit on 7-24-2010 by Justaillusion]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
radiation sickness
sevearly moldy house / area of living

just seams a bit wierd that we have machines that find genes but we cant find an illness

to me the story smells

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
Can't imagine the anguish his parents go through..a bloody nightmare i'm sure.

The doctors say they have no idea what's wrong with him, but i'm willing to bet good money they wouldn't dare say what i'm about to say...

How many, and what type, and how old was he..when he was vaccinated?

10 months is when his symptoms started right? What age do your kids start the rounds of getting pumped full of these things where he lives?

Not saying it's definitely connected, how could i? But i'm betting the doctors wouldn't dare to even suggest it.

It is absolutely disgusting that you will use a child's tragic illness to push your personal agenda, especially when there is no evidence to support your stance. What kind of sick individual does this?

Also, no vaccines are given at 10 months. The only check-ups near the 10 month mark where any vaccines are even SUGGESTED (not necessarily given or required) are 6 and 12 months. So, again, doesn't fit with your theory, or your disgusting opportunistic use of this child's sickness.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565

just seams a bit wierd that we have machines that find genes but we cant find an illness

to me the story smells

How does finding a gene and finding the source of an illness even compare? When you're "finding" a gene (I'm not sure what genes you think we're "finding", it's not like any were ever "lost"), we're working with a known molecule (DNA) and a known set of protocols with an expected result. How does that relate to this child? Is his illness bacterial? Viral? Fungal? Parasitic? Genetic? Congenital? Developmental? Allergic? Auto-immune?

The reality is, like nearly all advanced/severe cases, it's a mixture of these things. It may have begun as a viral infection which led to a hypersensitivity and auto-immune reaction, and so on. It's amazing to me how people outside the medical field think everything is just a checklist with a few options.

[edit on 7/25/2010 by VneZonyDostupa]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
We went through something similar with my middle child when we learned he had an auto immune disease.

It takes a special kind of parent and avery special kind of child to deal with such events in life. Especially so early.

He will come out stronger and his parents as well. It's a real shame that the only thing standing between them and comfort in this little boy's time of need is money.

How ridiculous has it become when children can no longer be afforded care? Especially those where doctor's are basically shooting in the dark with treatment.

My heart and meditations go to these folks who have obviously been through a lot already, and there's more to come.

Good luck little guy!

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Sorry, I agree with spikey here. Who else gets paid before there are results? Only doctors. And they really don't know which direction they're headed half the time.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg

Sorry, I agree with spikey here. Who else gets paid before there are results? Only doctors. And they really don't know which direction they're headed half the time.

Spoken like someone who has never even dipper their toe into the fields of human physiology and medicine.

"Don't know what direction their headed"? Do you think this child's doctors were just picking tests willy-nilly? The tests are chosen based on symptoms, the likelihood of certain diseases to present in such a manner, as well as which diseases are common at that age range. It's hardly without direction.

It might be worth looking into what sorts of mistakes make up the majority of medical errors. It's not poor testing, it's not wrong treatments, it's not operating on the wrong person or part of the body...it's improperly filling prescriptions.

[edit on 7/25/2010 by VneZonyDostupa]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Prescriptions? Bandaids with really flippin' high prices.

And I'm afraid you're a little wrong. I studied Clincal Lab. I know my way around doctors, their tests, their treatments, lad. I know their failings all too well.

Just fyi, I do energy healing now (and they do it at UCLA Med School too) and I've had great success with it.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Prescriptions? Bandaids with really flippin' high prices.

And I'm afraid you're a little wrong. I studied Clincal Lab. I know my way around doctors, their tests, their treatments, lad. I know their failings all too well.

Just fyi, I do energy healing now (and they do it at UCLA Med School too) and I've had great success with it.

UCLA doesn't "do" energy healing. They hired two in their pediatrics ward due to patient demand. They aren't recognized as physicians, they aren't offered as standard therapy, and they aren't give much credibility.

Next lie, please?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
What a gorgeous wee lad and I must say he looks very healthy in that photo.

Wonder what the problem is/are? Not a lot of info in the story to even make a guess. Reporters might have researched a bit further before going to the press. With a more accurate description maybe some doctor somewhere would know what it is. Are all the symptoms even connected?

[edit on 25-7-2010 by wigit]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Also, no vaccines are given at 10 months. The only check-ups near the 10 month mark where any vaccines are even SUGGESTED (not necessarily given or required) are 6 and 12 months. So, again, doesn't fit with your theory, or your disgusting opportunistic use of this child's sickness.

I just had to check this because I remember this differently. They get HepB, Rotavirus, DTaP, PCV, Hib, and IPV by 6 months. You're talking out your a**, mate.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

It's not a lie. Keep working on that denial though. Energy healing is very effective. It doesn't matter whether you accept it or not. It works, kid.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I just had to check this because I remember this differently. They get HepB, Rotavirus, DTaP, PCV, Hib, and IPV by 6 months. You're talking out your a**, mate.

I would like everyone to note that in my post, I stated that you receive vaccines at 6 and 12 months, but none at 10 months. CosmicEgg then decided to call me a liar by ignoring my statement and implying I said something I didn't.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Energy healing is very effective.

Source, please.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Do a search in Google Scholar for "energy healing". Shall I wipe your nose for you too?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Do a search in Google Scholar for "energy healing". Shall I wipe your nose for you too?

I'm asking you for sources, not search results. Please provide me with a paper showing that patients benefit from energy healing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join