It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 WRONG date - Correct is Year 2225

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
www.kopp-online.com...

machine translation

translate.google.com... -ergebnis-einer-falschen-berechnung-.html

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The world ends when you perish, die, croak, bite the dust, ect.

People need to just live their lives. If all this were true, there isn't one thing we could do to stop it from happening anyways.

edit; btw thats just my opinion. And nothing against you or this thread.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Oozii]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Why does this thread remind me of a "Choose Your Own Adventure" novel?
Translating and reading...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Due to my lack of knowledge on the subject, I can't comment constructively upon it. However, I did want to read more on the individual whose research the article contains; that is, Dr. Andreas Fuls.

From the "European Association of Mayanists":

Technical Assistent as surveyor for mapping and land surveying
Academic Degree(s):

Dr. rer. nat., Dipl. Ing. (FH)

Academic Affiliation:

Technical University of Berlin, Institut for Geodesy and GIS

Germany

Area of Interest:

Maya Astronomy, Correlation question, History of Science and Technic, Databases

Current Project:

Geographic, Epigraphic and Astronomical Database of the Classic Maya, Database of Indus script, 3D City models (CityGML) and Oracle database

Publications:

Fuls, Andreas: Reanalysis of Classic Maya Culture Dating the / investigations for the dating of the classic Maya civilization. (English-German) Amerindian Research, vol. 3 / 3, no 9 (2008), p. 132-145.

Fuls, Andreas: The astronomical dating of the classic Maya civilization (500-1100 AD): Implications of a back to 208 years Mayachronologie. Dissertation, University of Hamburg, Books on Demand, Norderstedt, 2007.

Fuls, Andreas: The enigma of the Mayan calendar. Research and Science, vol. 5 / 2004, p. 64-71, Barcelona Scientific Press

Wells, Bryan and Fuls, Andreas: Correlating the Modern and Ancient Western Mayan Calendars. ESRS (West) Monograph no 5, Berlin 2000

His listed website, from the same page

Archaeoastronomy

From the homepage:

Archaeoastronomy in space and time

The history of astronomy of ancient cultures is the subject of Archaeoastronomy. The starry sky has always fascinated people all over the world. He served as a guide in navigation, as the basis of different calendars, and for the prediction and interpretation of human destiny. Discover the interdisciplinary subject of Archaeoastronomy, which the subjects Astronomy, Archaeology, Surveying, history, religion, etc. combined.

There is a lot of information there, but without the time to review the material, or the knowledge to scrutinize it, that is as far as I'll go on the subject, how little it is.

I think I remember reading about the *Age of Aquarius occurring around this time Aquarius.

*I suppose not, depending upon to whom you inquire:

Eight researchers claim the Aquarian age will arrive in the 25th century while the 21st, 26th and 27th centuries have seven supporters for each century. Other centuries that have a number of supporters for the beginning of the Aquarian age include: 22nd and 23rd centuries (6 each); 19th century (5); and the 18th century (4). Age of Aquarius

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
2025 is bad for me, can I go with the apocalyspse after?
Seriously the world has been ending in ten years forever.
There will always be some reason someone will "find" that says the world will end in ten years.
Can we forget about the apocalypse and instead of living like wer'e dying, live like we will survive?
As long as the world is ending we forget about the bad things that are happening now.
We always say, "Karma will get him in the end".
That is nonsense, there is no karma there only is now.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by macssam

wah~?!

I still say oct. 28, 2011, is the actual starting point of the apocolypse. just look at how things are getting worse and not better.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The bet-hedging begins...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
2025 is bad for me, can I go with the apocalyspse after?
There will always be some reason someone will "find" that says the world will end in ten years.
Can we forget about the apocalypse and instead of living like wer'e dying, live like we will survive?
As long as the world is ending we forget about the bad things that are happening now.
We always say, "Karma will get him in the end".
That is nonsense, there is no karma there only is now.

karma is a word its not a religion. its simply a word used to describe cause and effect. for you to say there is no karma is about as ridiculous as saying there is no cause and effect. every action has an equal and opposite reaction that basic physics. the reaction or karma might not be immediate but it will get around to the person eventually. it cant not. the reason the whole world is so screwed is because our global karma reflects our selfish nature. the fish in the sea didnt raise the crime rate the animals in the jungles didnt pollute the rivers and oceans we did. we did it all either by action or inaction. and we suffer for it. this is karma. hope that helps.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

This is the quote of the thread.

I'm gonna level here; I'm only 17, and in my short time on this planet, I can honestly recall at least 10 instances when the world was supposed to end.

As much as I'd like SOMETHING to happen on 2012, what are the chances? Microscopic to none, I'd say.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
aww you jumped the gun on this post.

these types of threads are supposed to be started on Dec 21/2012.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by macssam

translation by machine or otherwise is only as good as the programming and data put in.

the Gregorian calendar is false.

the translation of the calendar is validated by astronomy and mathematics without the empire's time keeping system muddying the waters.

great article and find but i don't buy it personally

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Too bad you are a pessimist. I see many things as getting better.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Fuls' work on the Mayan calendar shows that the astronomical observations by the Mayans were rough. It is not a simple matter to match the actual movements of the planet with the Venus tables.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
No it's 2012 12 21 were going to have a end of the world party

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mr20121221

So what is this cover up. I have extensive contacts within IBM. Tell us which IBM site and some high level names so that we can verify your tale.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Actually, 2025 works for me. If I'm still alive, I'll be 72. If I can get 15 more years out of this body, I'll be happy.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
i totally reject this notion and refuse to allow it to continue. i've waited far too long and have salivated way too much in waiting for the big nothing of 2012. i shall do a happy dance and broadcast my perpetual "i told ya so!" on the date we have all already previously agreed to. thanks.

new topics

top topics

join