It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army sergeant pleads guilty to sex trafficking of child in Washington State

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Published July 24, 2010 | Associated Press

TACOMA, Wash.

A 27-year-old Army sergeant from Joint Base Lewis-McChord in Washington state has pleaded guilty in federal court to sex trafficking of a child and attempted sex trafficking of a child.

Prosecutors say Sterling Hospedales set up one juvenile in a Lakewood apartment to work as a prostitute and had a second juvenile flown in from Wyoming to do the same.

Prosecutors agreed to seek a sentence of 10 to 15 years in prison, but he could get life.

The Army is dishonorably discharging him.

Lakewood police began the investigation in April 2009, when officers found out about a juvenile runaway from Seattle who was posting Craigslist ads that said she was a prostitute. The federal Innocence Lost Task Force then found that juvenile and a second girl.

FOXNews.com
- - - - - - - - - -

This guy needs to be put away for life. It's situations as this that make me feel sick, and confused on how a person could do such a thing.

It's just a damn shame that things such as this, keep coming up in the news, and will not cease.

Oh how we need a divine intervention so terribly in this time we are living in.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Ya its too bad people like that are leading our troops. I would be very surprised if he was working alone. But he`ll never rat out his superiors. I can`t believe they are just puttin ads on craigslist. Is it that bad now? Are they gonna try to bust any customers that may have used their, ugh..."services"? I hope so. I think they oughts give this guy the "UNTHINKABLE" treatment, just in case theirs a 4th bomb... Remember, there`s ALWAYS a 4th bomb! If you havent seen that movie go get it... you`ll never want to be a terrorist ever again! lol! No but seriously thats some messed up shizz. Id rather see a chimo get tourtured than a terrorist. Not sure why. But it makes sense in my mind. I just hope his accomplices are all caught, too. no way this was a one man operation.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
What he did is despicable and I hope he rots in prison, but I have a question. Why is it that only soldiers and cops have their career and job title announced in the stories when they do something like this? Why don't we ever see that it was "Bob Smith, Supervisor at the local factory" or "John Jones, Delivery Driver for the local Pizza Hut"?

And what the hell is wrong with people these days? They're children, not your own personal sex toys.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

I think the reason is it's a job with a reasonable expectation of trust. You really don't expect it out of police officers and military personnel because they are trained.

It sort of makes it worse (if that was possible)

Perhaps this is one time the guards can look the other way whilst jailhouse justice is dished out.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

True, but police and soldiers are no more immune to being horrible human beings than anyone else is. To expect them all to be perfect examples of humanity just isn't realistic. They're human beings first and foremost and people take stories like this and try to apply it to everyone who falls under the 'soldier' label whether they've done something similar or not. It just irritates me that the job of the criminal is always made into an issue if they are military or police. Doesn't matter what this guys job was, his actions would be just as despicable if he was a stockboy at Walmart.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oozii

Oh how we need a divine intervention so terribly in this time we are living in.

Hmmm.... so what does it feel like to expect that that is a possibility and nothing is happening?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It shows what my grandfather used to say: some people just need killing.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The corporate whore Pentagon pimps out the American taxpayer & unborn babies every single day.

This guy's just doing the same thing on a smaller,
arguably much less disastrous scale.

new topics

top topics

join