It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peru declares emergency over cold weather

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

The Peruvian government has declared a state of emergency in more than half the country due to cold weather. Most of the areas affected are in the south, where temperatures regularly drop below zero centigrade at this time of year. However, this time temperatures have dropped to as low as -24C. The state of emergency means regional authorities can dip into emergency funds to provide medicine, blankets and shelter to those most affected.

Quite odd weather.

I live in southern Australia and the winter so here so far has been coldest in a few years, which is interesting because the norther hemisphere seems to be having a warm summer.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
All your heat is belong to us.

Scientists are saying they have just seen the largest atmosphere collapse in quite some time, due I guess, to low sun output caused cooling.

Has Al gore sold his sea front mansion yet?

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

SOURCE: www.msnbc.msn.com...
The collapse of the thermosphere you're talking about happened in 2008/2009. It was recently reported by NASA and picked up by the MSM, but it happened quite some time ago. The event itself isn't unusual, it's the magnitude & timing of it that was odd. It's the largest since records began 43 years ago, but it's worth noting that its not something that's constantly monitored.

I don't think it's wise to try and connect that incident to the temperatures in Peru... the thermosphere collapse was global, the timescales don't match and there's no evidence that one leads to the other.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by eightfold]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Raining like crazy here and nearly 100 yesterday in South West Michigan. So were having typical summer weather nothing really out of the ordanary just weather. Hot all week and rain for the weekend.

new topics

top topics

join