It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Iran to send man into space by 2019'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says the Islamic Republic has plans to launch its first manned shuttle into the space by 2019

Ahmadinejad made the announcement on Friday at the closing ceremony of the National Festival of Iranian Youth, a Press TV correspondent reported.

He also said Iran's Sanjesh Satellite would be launched from an Iranian launch pad and controlled by an Iranian control station.

I wish Iran all the best in this endeavor, I personally feel the more countries interested in space exploration the better and it is good that Iran is making some noise in the field.

However I have to say I don't see this happening. Assuming Iran isn't bombed into the ground over the next few years the plan is plausible. But I just can't see them pulling it off.

The president added that the project of sending man into space was originally planned to take place in 2035, but the launch date was reviewed in a cabinet meeting this week.

Apparently due to the next round of UN sanctions the plan was moved forward. IMO 2035 if ever, was more realistic. As per usual the end of the PressTV article tails off into the usual garbage, talk of enemies etc. All in all the article is quite a short one, and the second half seems to be an excuse to throw a few digs at the west.

What do you think ATS plausible or complete fantasy?

www.presstv.ir...

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
well i guess frank hubert is a prophet.

dune!! now if we can get white guys to be the guild....

[edit on 24-7-2010 by fooks]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
[edit on 24-7-2010 by fooks]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
pashir gimme a break. muhajdeen? wtf? dessert lol. cave dwellers, what more does obama want?

jihad on the universe? nawwwwwwwwwwww!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
i only think man has gone to space nothing else, the moon landing are a lie and Mars stuff is a lie, NASA are fooling us all, so what makes the story believable?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Iran also recently announced a nuclear Fusion program. Perhaps they're just trying to make it seem like UN sanctions are not doing anything to their ambitions.

BBC - Iran launches nuclear fusion bid

I wish them luck on these ventures. Because they really will need it.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
What do you think ATS plausible or complete fantasy?
Can we believe their denial?

Iran denies that its long-range ballistic technology is linked to its atomic programme.

It seems to me like working on a space program could be a pretty good cover for developing better missile technology to deliver their nukes.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
the more nations in space the better if you ask me. for one it will keep NASA in check. "there's no water on the moon"NASA..... "there is water on the moon" India..... "yes there is water on the moon but moister in samples etc" NASA

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by danielhanson420

I totally agree, I'm looking forward to developments in the European Space Agency too. There was something quite sporting about the original space race. It was as though there was a competitive element but in good spirit at least on the part of the scientists. Of course alot of the tech that came out of it was used for the arms race.

Arbitrageur unfortunately that will be the attitude that is taken towards the Iranian space program no doubt about it. Adds more fuel to the fire for the looming Persian conflict, and might hasten any military action that is in the works.

I suspect the missile tech developed for this particular ambition, will indeed be harnessed in parallel by the Revolutionary Guards. Lets face it they would be crazy not too, but as for nuclear tipped ICBMs?

I can't see it. Perhaps some conventional or chemical weapons. Once we have incontrovertible proof that the Iranians are developing Nuclear weapons then we can make assumptions about long range nuclear weapons.

Of course by this point they will already have the missile technology in the bag..

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Does Iran think they are going to find Allah up there? Or perhaps 72 virgins?

Iran will be stuck with their stone age ideals for a long time to come, and will certainly not be putting a man up in space.

[edit on 7/24/2010 by pjslug]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Hope someone tells them that it takes a little more technology to send a human into space than some worms and a turtle..... I'd hate to be the first Iranian ginny pig...... I hope their space program runs a tighter program than their air-force..... just saying...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

If you told them that there were the infamous "72 virgins" in space, they would have made it there years ago.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
See, I think this is a good thing, a return to the gung-ho, get it done, man is expendable attitude of the early big balled first steps beyond the Earth.

Hopefully they're mango balled antics will teabag the rest into stepping up to the plate - we do need the folks with the capital, and know how, to really lead the species out beyond the stars.

I mean I'm not a Robert Zubrin, I think that hearing where someone approached him with something along the lines of "do you think you've been cheated out of..." was right, but we can't be too prissy in our steps outward, otherwise we'll never get anywhere.

Since the 80s, we've been the equivilant of an agrophobic unwilling to leave their home because of "that and them out there". Throw some more money at it, get back some of the 'get it done' sorts who just went nutty and jetted off into the unknown! Give us something to look forward, expand our minds, because right now we're counting coppers and are so uninspired our main port of thought is preoccupied with whether to drag that razor down or across!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
reply to post by pjslug

If you told them that there were the infamous "72 virgins" in space, they would have made it there years ago.

That's racist.

It is also dumb.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
Does Iran think they are going to find Allah up there? Or perhaps 72 virgins?

Iran will be stuck with their stone age ideals for a long time to come, and will certainly not be putting a man up in space.

[edit on 7/24/2010 by pjslug]

Nice generalisation there.

I like your "attack" on Iran with the whole 72 virgins thing, which by the way is a myth, (wisdomtoislam.com...) It's very original of you!

I myself think it's a good thing more countries are getting involved, because just like in business , the more different companies get involved in something, the more competitive spirit there will be, and the more it will all evolve because of that, which is great.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

It isn't a myth. I've worked for several Iranians. I work for 2 now at one job. I've asked them all this question, and they all acknowledge it.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
reply to post by pjslug

That's racist.

It is also dumb.

That's not racist, it is disparaging to Islam ...gee whiz.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
reply to post by _Phoenix_

It isn't a myth. I've worked for several Iranians. I work for 2 now at one job. I've asked them all this question, and they all acknowledge it.

If what you say is true, then I can also assure you there are also Muslims who are ignorant about their religion. That's how some of them get messed up in the head or brainwashed and end up as suicide bombers, they are extremely ignorant people.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Well at least Iran has a space programme and goals whats NASA up to these days,O thats right they're helping Muslims feel good about their contributions to science and mathematics under Obama

top topics

join