It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My absolute "last" post on the subject of LEOs!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

To the best of my knowledge... LE doesn't hire bimbos... but I could be wrong... afterall they've been known to hire JERKS and certified A$$HOLES in both sexes. Maybe she works undercover. WTF knows?

[edit on 24/7/2010 by Hedera Helix]

MBF

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
My father and I were recently stopped and held for about half an hour by 2 cops because our truck fit the description of one used in a robbery. One of the cops was a completely A$$HOLE and the other was professional. The problem is that too many good cops are leaving or being pushed out. I know one that left a department because he told me that it was almost impossible to find an honest cop there.It is sad that these two were forced out, but it looks to me they were the minority good cops in the dept. Looks like it will only get worse.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Yes, not all cops are bad cops. However that is NOT an excuse when things get so bad. "Not all Nazis are evil" either but enough of them were to cause us to eventually kill a few million of them (evil or not) and in the end I think we were much better off for it.

All the good cops can do is start resigning and let the inevitable take its course. All those d-bags like you talk about in the OP should concentrate themselves in police forces so they can hurry up and make enough people mad enough to be dealt with by rebels. Come on now, all you pigs on power-trips. Put up or shut up. Do you want a war or don't you?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Would you be willing to post this on Reddit? I think this story could do a lot of good there.

I'd be more than glad to show you how if you do not know... It should go in the IAMA section (I am A... or "Was")

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by VirginiaRisesYetAgain

They want a war on? Wow. Is that much ignorance painful?

Seeing as this is in the conspiracy forum, let me throw this out as well...as to "why this is belng allowed to happen. (Good question there anyway.)

One trend I'm noticing and finding very disturbing is the hiring of so many former military and even further former military who were also PMCs, or want to be PMCs. While this makes sense on some levels (basically, they know how to use weapons and follow orders) , it is also of note on other levels.

Many of these guys seem to be the ones getting the most disciplinaries and having some trouble with anger, and I wonder sometimes if there's a correlation and some deeper psychological testing or restrictions might not be in order. In the cases of three departments I am very familiar with, these people also seem to be getting abbreviated training similar to that which an LEO changing states might or departments might get.

And going out on a real limb, what if some of these are plants inside the departments to stir up discontent and animosity so that privatizing of the departments countrywide becomes a more popular option?

As I said in another similar thread, the police and fire departments in many places still have strong unions (love them or not, they serve and important purpose, and yes it can be argued that sometimes this leads to the closing of ranks type of behavior, but that's not really the point I'm trying to make here) and strong pensions, both of which as we've seen demonstrated time and again are not acceptable or tolerated in today's America.

Just another way to analyze what appears to be going on. This theory would also not preclude other types of corruption existing. We all know that's a given.

Could be a case here of careful what you wish for and support and might inadvertently open yourself up to. That's all.

[edit on 7/24/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Well said friend.

I hate that that happened to you. Reading it, and putting myself in your shoes made me angry enough.

Injustice will seem to prevail, but not until the people do injustice grow up. If they grow up, they will make their own lives miserable. You should help them grow, for when they grow, they will see the errors in their ways.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I know a few LEOs and I know you guys go through a ton of crap. Mistakes are made, bad decisions are made, does that mean when a cop does something wrong they should be fired? Not at all, it all has to be looked at depending on each situation. I believe everyone is responsible for their own actions.

I hate seeing LEOs doing bad stuff, it breaks my heart to see the people who are supposed to be the good guys act in a thuggish manner. When I was young in boyscouts, we always used to learn from police officers about various things such as proper gun safety, and learning about various aspects of the law. Nobody was intimidated by them at all, we always learned that if we needed help we can ALWAYS go to a LEO. Unfortunately today in this post-9/11 world of which we live, tensions are high and nobody trusts anybody anymore.

I think one problem is that we have too many laws and many are over-enforced in a robotic manner. Not looking at each situation as it's own issue. Take J-walking for example, the cop, I hope, would read the person and see if they were doing it deliberately or if it was an honest mistake. In Oakland, CA the LEOs are turning into a revenue based force. It's sad, just sad. I see the LEO as part of the many pawns unknowingly being used to continue the collapse of this country from within.

I hear a lot of this kind of stuff from my friends in the military also. Stuff happens, bad stuff, and everything must be taken in context.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
[

Originally posted by dizziedame
When I was a young woman my dad forbade me to ever date a cop.

What the hell kind of comment is this? Sorry, and nothing personal, but this is not only irrelevant but beyond ignorant. Is this supposed to prove something?

Well it proves that her father was looking out for his daughter.('
')

[edit on 24-7-2010 by PresumedInnocent]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

Stereotypes exist and people who chose to identify with a nation, creed, religion, job, community, or some other group are going to have qualities that identify them with that group. I am so sick of hearing "not all cops are XXXXX" or "not all black people are YYYYY". There are cultural norms and mores that identify people as part of a culture. People who identify within a certain culture, be it a nationality or a professional culture need to take responsibility for the negative stereotypes. First step? BE AN INDIVIDUAL!!!!!! Sadly, this is very difficult for a large chunk of the human population.

No, not all cops are bad. MOST OF THEM ARE.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
Your story doesn't add up. Assuming you know the law, why would you open the door to your GF's house knowing that such would be taken as an invitation to allow officials in her house? If you did not technically live there, you usurped your authority and endangered her by opening the door with uninvited persons on her porch.

That just seems like a really stupid thing to do.

Why would an official business of firing someone take place in the dark of the night? Did the officials bother to knock on the door first to wake her up? As the householder, it should have been her decision as to whether she wanted to answer the door.

You were not a very trustworthy friend to allow the privacy of your GF to be disturbed in the middle of the night. You are the very one who caused her trauma, if you get right down to it. And you were irresponsible with the privelige she had given you with the keys to her home.

Rather than fess up to whatever your indescretion was that caused the initial incident, you resort to name calling of the offended party, making reference to her anatomy. If this is your bigoted attitute then I am glad you are no longer on the police force. You may consider yourself an "honest" cop, but that is subjective; you have a tainted attitude and show a lot of disrespect toward females, even toward your GF, by your actions.

Your story has more holes than a piece of swiss cheese.

It was daytime, Alathea. His girlfriend was asleep from working a late shift the night before. The people at her doorstep were her co-workers. He made the mistake, as most of us would have probably done, of not expecting they would act unprofessionally and abusively.

Give it a rest and get off of your attack mode.

[edit on 7/24/2010 by dubiousone]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I agree with the OP.

There are good human beings and bad human beings. Therefore -- just like all humans in general -- obviously every profession will have it's share of good people and bad people. I know a guy at my office who is a complete jerk. That doesn't mean that my profession in general is full of complete jerks.

I personally know three of the eight cops in my town. The three I know well are good guys. Out of the other five that I only know a little, one seems like a jerk and the other four seem OK. That's probably about the same for the average public (non-cops) in general.

I suppose if that one jerk cop does something wrong, many people may think that the cops in my town are bad people in general, which would be false.

[edit on 7/24/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Originally posted by seeashrink

She was a rookie and tried to correct me in an area, but she was wrong and I told her so in a professional manner. She and her breast implants went crying to the Sheriff and office politics kicked in.

You might think you have a professional manner, but stop, right there. Is this really what you have to say about this woman? How is this professional? This makes you sound like a "pig," to me.

First of all, you don't say what she accused you of, so it's hard to say whether or not she should have reported you for whatever, but if this is what you have to say about this woman, Lord only knows what she accused you of, but lets say, it's obvious! You also refer to this rookie as a "bimbo."

While you think you are helping your cause here, I can't help but think you come off sounding like a complete jerk!

He isn't trying to "help his cause". He's telling his story. It's now more than four years later and, taking his story at face value, he is justifiably bitter about what happened to him and the trauma they inflicted on his girlfriend.

There is nothing in his story to suggest that he used those characterizations then. So, cool off Ms. judgmental and try and comprehend what he says rather than merely the editing that automatically occurs in your head.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Hey man No one here is mad at you. Im sorry you had to deal with that. I know there are good cops out there but they DONT last long! If you dont follow along your black balled so most just turn their eye to EVERYTHING. My dads friend lasted 7 years as a LEO doing the "right thing" fired for letting too much revenue slip through by allowing every marijuana possession off with a warning and told them to do it in their own homes and dont drive. The system makes me sick and my problem is with the cops who are OK with the status quo! Thank you for being a REAL cop im sorry man I really am bro. Injustice on officers are our people too! It hurts the same bro!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

She was a rookie and tried to correct me in an area, but she was wrong and I told her so in a professional manner. She and her breast implants went crying to the Sheriff and office politics kicked in.

Hey, I think I know what exactly happened here.
A rookie (AKA, a New Employee) comes to you and tells you something that you know is not right, you correct her, then all of the sudden she goes crying to her boss. Do you know what I think happened? I think that your boss was already finding a way to fire you, maybe because you were too honest for him to see you there every day, then he turned away and talked to one of his "bimbos" and probably offered her a deal to provoke a crisis between her and you in such a way that he can take as a reason to fire you. And there you go, she (the bimbo) comes to you and plays "Hollywood" on you, tells you a simple wrong statement, you correct her, then she goes crying like a b***h to her boss, you boss then says...your fired! Yep, sounds very suspicious to me.

You offering a valid constructive criticism to a newby f**ktard employee shouldn't be a reason to get you fired UNLESS they already wanted you fired.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Cop: tell the truth:

-how many times have you planted evidence on someone to make an arrest ?
-how many times have you lied to obtain a warrant ?
-how many times have you kept property that was not yours?
-how many times have you used your badge to get sex ?
-how many times have you used your badge to get free things?
-how many times have you stretched the numbers to give a ticket to meet your quota (don't say they don't exist) ?
-how many times have you used your tax payor financed vehicle for personal use?
-how many times have you shot someone when they were not armed and used a "throwdown" to make it look like they shot at you?
-how many times have you used drugs while on duty?
-how many times have you SOLD drugs while on duty?
-how many times have you looked the other way when the people who have paid you off are doing crime?
-can you cite the 4th amendment; can you described what it means?

Protect and serve: PLEASE !!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hello boys and girls, I have been lurking on this sight for well over a year. I absolutely love it here, with that said, I have to say this thread has forced me into my first post for the sole purpose of, if this happened in the good ole US of A this op is so far from reality it is laughable...

Has your Dept ever heard of the policeman's bill of rights ?
Has your Dept. ever heard of the fraternal Order of Police ?
Has your Dept ever heard of the 4th amendment of the Constitution ?

This Lil scenario you posted would never happen, can't happen, Ever !

This post was either, posted from someone outside the USA or from someone who has no Law Enforcement Background whatsoever.

Ridiculous.

Take it from a retired 25yr LEO.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sararainmaker
reply to post by Blanca Rose

So basically just because he has angry words to say about the woman who "allegedly" ruined his life, you doubt his whole story.

We didn't GET the whole story.

Unless you know what happened between him and Ms "Bimbo-Implants" that started this whole debacle, because I don't.

All he said was "I did something she disagreed with."

That's not enough.

It must have been something serious in order to result in the termination of himself and his girlfriend from the police force. That doesn't happen over a simple disagreement.

I'd need a little more detail in order for me to just accept this story outright.
Any rational person would.

The OP needs to elaborate further.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I'm not a cop, no one in my family is a cop. Every man in my family (including me) has either been a Marine, Army or Navy guy - but no cops.

That said, without the vast majority of the "Thin Blue Line" who are the salt of the earth and who have some damned thankless jobs that can turn lethal in a heartbeat, the US would look like the narco-havens of Mexico where no one is safe and chaos reigns.

We had a highway patrol officer down here who pulled a guy over just to tell him his brake light was out; the meth head killed him.

I couldn't be a cop: I'd shoot the first SOB who smacked his wife or kid around in front of me.

Thank you all who do serve and protect - you are appreciated and God knows we need all the good folks we can get.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

The story isn't full of holes, you just didn't read it carefully enough.

Or maybe it was changed after I posted. The OP edited three times; maybe he couldn't get his story straight.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

so, your telling us, that you are a good cop jaded by bad cops that has because of such lost interest in remaining a cop so much so you would gladly take any other job for the same pay, and yet this is supposed to reassure us that there are still good cops out there?

sounds to me like you have reassured us that all the good cops are being forced out and loosing any desire to remain if they even can.

sorry but i cant comprehend how that would comfort me into thinking there are still good cops out there, if anything it increases my doubt of such,

im not saying you arent a good cop, what im saying is you are a good cop and because of this you want to leave the force, thats the point.

the force attracts bad and repels good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join