It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge UFO Sighted In Tuaran, Malaysia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by k3rm1t

So the handphones "went dead?" That's very interesting. Reminds me of that guy's prediction that UFOs would appear at the World Cup, but that they wouldn't allow electronic recording devices.

But then how did this picture get taken? Perhaps being behind the window blocked the interference? ? And what's the point of their appearing, if they're not going to allow us to take pictures?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
It looks like one of the ships of the GFL or like the one from the old V.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
If it's a reflection how is it the object has cloud below it ?
If it's photoshopped how is it there are reports from multiple whiteness ?

I love this argument that seems to always pop up.

Since WHEN are translucent reflections on illuminated clear glass "soild things" that can not appear in front or "give an illusion of being behind" images seen through the glass?

Look...the "outer glow effect is right there. If you use the program you know the effect very well.

Reflections are all over the darn pic.

I'm not saying I know the truth...I simply know that the pic has reflections all over it, and there is apparent use of a very popular photoshop effect in the background trees and that one roof top.

Do you see how they are both outlined in a white light?

That is the "outer glow effect" if you ask me.

Unless trees and roofs glow when placed in front of dark backgrounds (such as the sea). But they normally do not... hence why us photo-shoppers use "outer glow" to inhance the shot and bring the background out.

Highly reeks of alterations...and the reflections are enough to prove anything "lit" inside would glow on the glass, just like all the other reflections.

My thoughts.

PS-witnesses eh? I see... And remember, they are only "reported" witnesses. Lets see them please. If they reek as bad of "forgery" as do these pics, I will hope I'm not the only one seeing it.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

If the report of handphones going dead is true, then chances are this picture is a fake.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
could this have been responsible for the earthquakes? Sabah and the epicenter of those earthquakes in the Philippines aren't that far from each other.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by toreishi
could this have been responsible for the earthquakes? Sabah and the epicenter of those earthquakes in the Philippines aren't that far from each other.

Could a reflection of a up lifter light shade be responsible for an earthquake in the Philippines ? Tough one that.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Until I see more photos I will call it a fake.

Meanwhile I was inspired. And my shadows are correct

Rendered with Vue 6 Esprit. I bet if I had enough time I could do a fair reproduction of the photo in the OP.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Ive just shot two ufo's outside my house.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

The title with Malaysia in it raised my curiosity.

With regards to sunset time in Sabah, it is about 5:30 to slightly after 6pm depending on the time of the year. Round the time of 4pm the sun is not yet at the horizon but on the way...sorry for the poor description for now (have yet to learn the proper technical term).

So I guess the longer shadow is ok. As for the transparent disc in the sky, I have no comment. The sky around Sabah and particularly in the west coast can be very clear blue at times.

Sabah is located on the northern part of Borneo Island, part of East Malaysia, that is separated by the South China Sea between Peninsular Malaysia and Sabah/Sarawak that forms East Malaysia.

There is an international airport located at Kota Kinabalu not that far away (maybe 50km radius) with radar facility for monitoring air traffic coming and going around the area. Wonder if they have pickup anything unusual. This is off-hand info and though I am a Malaysian, not from Sabah but has been to Sabah regularly, so please don't quote me on that.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
My bet Is on PhotoShop. The fella needed attention.

My 0.02$

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
maybe its a giant sts 75 ufo

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by gagol
My bet Is on PhotoShop. The fella needed attention.

My 0.02$

lol, close

according to this article, the pic was credited to
Mohd Azrone Sarabatin NOT James Dengil.
Now there's conflicting reports of where the
pic came from.

bengodomon.com...

Mohd Azrone Sarabatin is a photo journalist
for a big paper in Malaysia and has some awards
to his credit. Guess what his specialty is???

ENVIRONMENTAL JOURNALISM

sabahjournalistsassociation.blogspot.com...

that's why his photo is shot toward the sky.
he was shooting the clouds.

Why???

To promote tourism in Tauran.
Economics !!!! What better advertisement
for a Beach Resort than a UFO sighting?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
based on the location of the tuaran beach resort to Kota Kinabalu International Airport is about 34km by road.

maps.google.com.my...,+Sabah&cid=0,0,16734793915159651565&e i=a8xKTJu-FZDeOODr9JYD&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=2&ved=0CCEQnwIwAQ

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mab2571

Also, it is not my intention to do any promotion here, just to verify how far was the location to the state capitol/airport location.

I guess you guys will have a way to find out if it is hoax. As far as I know of the Borneo Post as a newspaper is ok in term of their news report. I don't see any reason for them to create this kind of sensationalism. They are many pressing socio-political and economic challenges that confront Sabah for which they focus on. It is a regional paper fyi.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
Until I see more photos I will call it a fake.

Meanwhile I was inspired. And my shadows are correct

Rendered with Vue 6 Esprit. I bet if I had enough time I could do a fair reproduction of the photo in the OP.

Pretty.

I star you.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Nice find,
There has been nothing on Asian news network regarding this.

PEACE,
RK

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Rigel Kent]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Mohd Azrone Sarabatin is a photo journalist
for a big paper in Malaysia and has some awards
to his credit. Guess what his specialty is???

ENVIRONMENTAL JOURNALISM

They will give awards to pictures taken through dirty windows, with blurred reflections and obvious digital manipulation?

Malaysia has low standards on photographers.

Thanks for digging. Keep it up.

People who do these hoaxes should be arrested.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

the truth can be stranger than your fiction.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Look at the sun, it's close to sunset.
Where on earth does the sun go down
at 4 pm in the summer time ???

I'm Backing Boondock.
He's pretty much put the pennies on the eyes of this one!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

lol
No, I don't think he won an award for that
particular shot
hahaha

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join