It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Oceans Hold Alien Life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Do Oceans Hold Alien Life?

There has been a considerable amount of talk about the unexplained activity in the oceans for years, but now the evidence is yet again being reviewed, with a new focus on a point between several sites that are each considered significant in the UFO community. And now there is a theory for why these objects seem to drop by these places so often. What if there was an underwater laboratory or base where these objects and their occupants congregated? There have been a number of deep sea anomalies that seem to point to something lurking beneath the waves far beyond our comprehension. Tales of great beasts roaming beneath the ocean have been with us since the dawn of storytelling. But these new tales are accompanied by some very strange and convincing eyewitness accounts and further evidence gathered by researchers and sensing platforms. One of the more perplexing aspects of this theory of underwater activity is the body of scientific data collected by listening platforms that has suggested over several years that there is something (although what exactly we do not know) very large making quite a ruckus under the water. The infamous “bloop” signal picked up by deep sea listening stations is only the most well known example. One of the strangest aspects of the “bloop” was that from what scientists could gather the object making the sound had been organic in nature, but would have had to be several hundred times larger than any known fish in the ocean.

Source

Could Puffin Island be home to underwater alien base?

THE truth is out there – and a group of UFOlogists are hoping local people will help them find it. The UFO Investigations and Research Unit, based in Shrewsbury, have turned their attentions to Anglesey in their quest to gather information on extraterrestrial phenomena. Phil Hoyle, who runs the unit, said: “We are currently investigating numerous sightings that have taken place around Anglesey and, in particular, near Puffin Island. “Many witnesses, some ex-military and professional people, have witnessed unconventional lights entering or leaving the sea around Puffin Island.” In January, 1974, a number of people claimed to have seen large, structured objects leaving the sea near the island, and similar sightings have been sporadically reported up to the present day, said Mr Hoyle. “The people who have contacted us have all been unrelated, but have all told us the same thing,” he said. “We would be very interested to hear from anyone who might have additional information regarding these as yet unexplained sightings.

Source

My Comments
I have always thought that thier was something mysterious lurking beneath our oceans, i main ideas or very advanced beings originating from this planet that just live so far down. Or alien bases. But with the signals that were picked up that are mentioned in this article i am not so sure anymore, so many things can have so many natural explanations.

Eager to hear everyone elses views on this.

Edit: To add more information

[edit on 24-7-2010 by True-seer]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I'd bet money there is at least some form of base.

What with all of the credible Naval service men and women coming forward with stories, and declassified documents revealing there is at least some type of USO activity going on. There could be several explanations for what pilots the USO-UFOs and one of those (or several variations) explanations is that Aliens are behind it.

It is possible, there is no law preventing it. I don't see why not really.

I haven't seen any evidence of it though, but you could easily say it's neigh impossible to get video of a deep underwater base anyways. And that had you the capability, the military would scrub your pics.

So really, I'd go ahead and place money on it.

I still wanna see the goods. Who doesn't??

Humans are building underwater bases these days too. AUTEC is real. Oil corporations and various governments have rudimentary underwater facilities, though I'd assume somewhat limited. There are a few research/(tourist??) facilities being designed right now that are pretty futuristic looking.

If "they" are here, and we are already capable of that type of technology, than it only follows that they would be vastly more capable at it than we.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Considering the size of the oceans in comparison to the size of the landmass of the earth, the probability that alien matter would have entered the oceans is higher than the chance of such matter being present on the land.
However, I am refering to microbial life transported here by space junk which may have bought remenants of alien matter from a long dead planet to earth during one of the impacts our planet has weathered over its life time.
There may have been thousands , perhaps millions of years between present day ,and any potential arrival of the alien matter. This would allow for various possibilities.
1)At the time of the arrival of this matter, the impact of its arrival in the oceans wipes out the dinosaurs, altering the path of evolution and allowing the rise of the mammal from pre existing terran genestock. The alien matter either lies dormant locked in the rock it arrived in, or buried in the crater it may have made after flashboiling many billions of tones of water all the way to the sea floor. Perhaps over time the biological matter would have evolved in whatever circumstance it may have found itself and become whatever made the bloop?
2) As with the first possibility the delivery of the alien matter causes the extinction of the dinosaurs, but instead of allowing mammalian life to come to the fore, perhaps that alien matter was infact the catalyst to life as we know it coming to exist at all . We dont have a huge amount in common with dinosaurs after all , and I dont believe there is any record of proper apes or anything like them , predating the destruction of the dinosaur.
3) The arrival of the alien matter occured well before the existance of the dinosaur, and hell , why not before the existance of ANY biological matter on the earth. It fell into the soup we call primordial, and was infact the entire reason for ANY life on earth to come about in the first place.
However... the idea that any recent arrival of a full fleged species to our oceans, establishing bases, and making noise requires more than mere speculation. If there is something out there, then I personaly would wish to see more evidence before attempting to discern its origins, or indeed its nature. Give me DNA over sonar strangnesses any day !

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I have Just added another news article, that involves the whole alien/under the sea scenario.

Be sure to Re-read First Post.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I am going to tell you guys this, so remember it and always take into consideration. What makes you so sure that these are space aliens? These are one of two things, the first ones, original sentience of Earth, or the more frightening option which may be the case. They may be extradimensional beings, our old gods who are truely outsiders by all means. Never be so quick to say space aliens because when you look up towards the stars you desire to see a mirror.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by TheOneElectric]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Very interesting post.

Does anyone know if this scenario is possible? That post-dinosaur life could be from a different origin than the dinosaurs. I could be wrong, but I think that all animal life (perhaps all life on earth) is scientifically known to have come from the same source ... which would make this impossible.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

We have always known that thier was sea-life to deep downa and we dont know all of the species, its highly likely that thier is alot more down thier. But untill we have something that can travel to those depths then we just wont know for sure.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
You know I always thought there were aliens under the sea but not anymore.

Why haven't they made themselves known by helping with this oil spill?

They have to be very intelligent or they couldn't be here.

Where are they when this Earth really needs them?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by True-seer
reply to post by Hadrian

We have always known that thier was sea-life to deep downa and we dont know all of the species, its highly likely that thier is alot more down thier. But untill we have something that can travel to those depths then we just wont know for sure.

Yes, sure, but I'm specifically referring to TrueBrit's supposition:

As with the first possibility the delivery of the alien matter causes the extinction of the dinosaurs, but instead of allowing mammalian life to come to the fore, perhaps that alien matter was infact the catalyst to life as we know it coming to exist at all

This would require there being no biological connection between dinosaurs/pre-dinosaur life and us/contemporary life. And like I said, I think, though I don't know, that all life on earth and all known life that has existed on earth is known to have originated from a single source. I guess this is evidenced via DNA or something?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

Hmmm, so aliens aren't real or here but you know what they would do if they were here in our oceans?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Theres no proof obviously..but if you accept the conceit that Aliens have travelled here at all and continue to visit, an underwater base has many things going for it. Given how much of the earths surface is Abyssal or Hadal (about 30%) theres a lot of places to hide.

If we were advanced enough and wanted to spy on another species like us in centuries past, its probably where we would camp out.

If they were there its unlikely any localised pollution event would spur them to give the game away. That also assumes they have any particular interest in humans. There a lot of this world that interesting to study even if you ignore us.

We just tend to assume we'd be the main attraction :-)

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
great post

Yup, i have thought this before.. the oceans never made me comfortable.. its beautiful to look at, but i wouldnt swim in it for a lot of reasons, but Earth is more water than land mass so that covers a great deal of areas for anything to take place down underneath the surface, especially to the depths humans have not managed to safetly get far enough down to investigate (San Andrea trench for example).
Also, think of all the biotoxins, chemical waste, failed experiments, and all out junk is thrown into the seas, i wouldnt trust what that could create out of the creatures naturally in the oceans of the world. scary indeed.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

I realise the gravity of your post, and its contents, but until some physical evidence is aquired, I will be after more information. Sonar recordings and eyewitness reports aside, theres nothing to study... thats not science to me, thats journalism at best! More I say ! Charts and graphs, and some undersea pictures, for starters, then a concerted effort on the part of the investigators to set up a comprehensive system of dives to investigate the undersea situation completely. And I dont mean strategicaly planned dives, Im talking look at every rock for two miles in any direction from the shores of the island. Thats the sort of thing I want to see and hear about from this sort of claim.

new topics

top topics

join