It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extremaly strange sky color/cloulds (Any input)?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Ecidemon

Yeah its "Red Skies in Morning, Sailors Take Warning, Red Skies at Night, Sailors Delight."

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by minute2midnight

I've seen many sun rises and sets. This one was... Abnormal, I'm not saying "ZOMG1!1 ALRT FAUX NEWZ" I'm just saying.. Hmm. Odd, but more than likely a natural phenomenon. It was very very bright for this time of year, and really weird orange glow, as I've said. We were out there for a while before we got the camera and it didn't pick up the light well. These are pictures of the clouds anyways.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdills1196
reply to post by BigfootNZ

I defend myself by saying I am very familiar with the clouds (Yes there is a "storm" cloud in the pic at the horizon, but what about all the clouds overhead? I can tell you those aren't storm clouds) also I'm a storm spotter so I do look at clouds quite often.

Yeah sorry about that didnt mean you exactly, wasnt trying to be nasty.

If you mean the undulating clouds?.. their not all that uncommon, and those whispy thread like ones arent anything special either (to me at least
), although ive seen more of the latter than the former. We get some real hodge podge of clouds where i live in New Zealand, we live near two small mountains and the whole area is on a plateau of sorts, so the wind can be all over the place from time to time. We had a huge egg shaped lenticular cloud 2 years back (got photos of it), probably the neatest cloud formation we've had here.

Dont forget you get wind in layers where one layer moves faster than the other or more turbulently, those upper clouds look to be getting a real battering. im not sure what makes those undulating clouds, but im sure its some wind phenomena.

Im just saying from my own personal experience those clouds arent nothing too be to worried about

new topics

<< 1   >>

join