It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extremaly strange sky color/cloulds (Any input)?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I live in Extreme northwest GA and yesterday we noticed something very odd. It was nearing 9PM EST (around sunset or a little after) and I went outside and noticed the sky and ground (from skylight) was this orangish color. Very odd, as today there wasn't any light other than very little sunlight. I'm open to anything (Conspiracy theories to Science) and I will post some pictures (It didnt catch the light well, but the cloulds are odd too)

So here I go. (this is at 9pm, the skies are unusually bright as well)

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
OH man, for some reason I can't see the pictures!

Just x's, anyone see them?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

It shows up here, I can send you the tinypic links in U2U if you want.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Beautiful sunsets and sunrises like that are common where I live due to pollutants in the air. I would imagine you are getting your fantastic sunsets due to all the things going on in your neck of the woods. Temperature can also effect the sunset's colors, as winter sunsets tend to be more colorful than summer sunsets here.

When Mt. Saint Helens erupted, we had the most astounding sunsets over the ocean!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I can see them....very pretty.

Perhaps it is due to the approaching tropical storm?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Sararainmaker

Thats it. We were thinking of the temperature thing (I.E. the fact that we are having record temperature waves)

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I'm still open to anything though

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Looks pretty normal to me. Usually sunsets here (in Detroit) right after storms are an awesome yellow. I'm guessing it has to do with amount of moisture in the air, temperature, clouds and light angles.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
This reminds me of an old saying my father used to tell me“Red sky at night, sailor's delight. Red sky in morning, sailor's warning” . Not sure what causes it but you may try google. I can say it was a common sight when we would visit the central Florida coast when I was a kid and it was an amazing site.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
GA right a few ideas..... harrp......methane mixing with other elements.......chemtrails.......everything in the usa happens for a reason.... i got more ideas though let me see what the posters have

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by thecause

Are you kidding and just trying to be so over the top. This is an event that has been documented for 1000's of years and you try and make into some goverment conspiracy. Stop grasping at straws and enjoy a show of nature. It is a spectacular sight to behold.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Possibly, last week over here, after some thunderstorms when the sun was setting the sky turned into a weird a desert yellow that I've never seen before

[edit on 24/7/10 by Discotech]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Birddog26

It was dry and there hasn't been any storms that day. I don't think its some gov't conspiracy like some people do, I just want to figure out what it is.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Hmm looks like your typical late evening sunset before bad weather clouds to me... seen clouds identical to those hundreds of times where I live.

No way at all is it extremely strange, maybe rare for their area but the OP is being quite over-reactive using the term 'Extremely Strange'.

Do people ever actually look up? Its strange how the ordinary these days is so foreign to so many.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Iam in oz,we had an orange glow sunrise this morning,strange weird glow shining off the clouds.
Iam 3hrs drive from any major city so i rule out pollution,but its not uncommon here.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I'm in Las Vegas and several days ago we had pink clouds at night. The temperature here has been at a high of 114 F for about 2.5 weeks and gets down to about 106 F by 10 or 11 at night. Light pollution and air pollution (spraying etc.) remain constant with an actual break in the spraying for a week or so. There also seems to be a pink haze surrounding Frenchman Mt. when viewed from on high driving northwest down into the valley. Anyway...these clouds were pink - not sort of pinkish - and it was at night, after sunset.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

I defend myself by saying I am very familiar with the clouds (Yes there is a "storm" cloud in the pic at the horizon, but what about all the clouds overhead? I can tell you those aren't storm clouds) also I'm a storm spotter so I do look at clouds quite often.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
So, this is your first sunset huh? Those are fairly normal here on our planet. Welcome to Earth, enjoy your stay.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Looks like a sunset to me. Haven't you heard that old sailor saying "orange sky at night, sailors take delight, orange sky in morning, sailors take warning"? (something like that, anyway).

Either way, nice pictures of a sunset. I've seen some pretty striking orange sunsets.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join