It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Woman Kills Hostage Taker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
First of all, I know this is not absolutely breaking news or up to the minute current event, but it is pretty recent and the video is recent.

July 6, 2010 Canton, China - Undercover police woman kills hostage taker.

First of all, I wouldnt embed this even if I could. You should really be ready for seeing exactly what the title and quote say.

Here is the spoiler, for those that wish to know without watching.

Ok, so you have all seen the Demotivational Poster about Chinese Negotiation Tactics. You remember, the one with the Chinese LEO hanging out the window firing a shot into a hostage taker.

In Canton, China, a man is holding what looks like a knife in one hand while holding a young girl choke-hold style with the other. The video skips through the time that the man is standing in a doorway near a public street. Barricades have been put up and a few plain clothes officers are there trying to negotiate. As well, in the Liveleaks video, you see more of the LEOs around and how they have the area cleared of the public.
Of course, we all know how the Chinese negotiate. Basically, it goes like this:

"Stop and give up"
"No, I want [whatever] or I am going to kill him/her"
"Dont do this, let him/her go now. Lets work this out"
"No, give me what I want and go away or I will kill...BANG!

In the case of the video referenced here, it was more like

Bang.....BANGBANGBANG

No trial, no jury, no jail time, no enormous cost to the public, no psychology, no psychiatry, no drawn out appeals. Just give up or die.

As well, the Liveleaks video shows them hustling the your girl, physically unharmed it seems, out of the area.

Its what I would call the most serious case of Aggressive Negotiations ever seen.

Military dot com

Liveleaks

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I didn't watch it yet, but from your summary;

The bad guy was holding an innocent threatening the innocent's life...nuff said.

Shoot to kill...

No parade, no mess, no fuss...call the coroner, the street cleaner, and
provide the innocent with a "mental wellness" professional

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Ouch that's going to leave a mark...

two

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

That police woman did a good job, the moment he took the life of that girls in his hands his became forfeit in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Ummm, don't we do that in the U.S. to if there's a clear shot? Just asking.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Is it just me or did that police woman look kinda untrained?

The first shot she fires looks like the gun went off by accident as she was walking over. Luckily it went into the roof and not into the hostage's face. Also lucky that first shot scared the hell out of the hostage taker giving them a chance to rush in, grab the girl and put a few bullets in the bloke.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

Wow that hostage is really lucky because that officer did NOT know how to hold a gun.

It was flopping everywhere when she fired, not a good thing when making a shot that is life or death (for the innocent.)

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I think that police officer got a lucky shot off too.
The victim looked like she was bleeding, dont know if it was life threatening...
Better not take a chance.

Very lucky victim was not killed.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Ummm, don't we do that in the U.S. to if there's a clear shot? Just asking.

In a matter of speaking, yes, but a bit differently. US SWAT will use a sniper to kill from a distance or incapacitate just before a breech. However, I have never seen a police officer just walk up and start blasting like she did. In the US, I think the 2nd, 3rd and 4th shot would be considered excessive force or something.

I have to agree that she didnt look that skilled with the first shot, but it might have been adrenaline. You can see in the first video that she tossed him something to drink as a distraction/lure, then tries to quick draw on him and gets lucky that she didnt kill the girl.

new topics

top topics

join