It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you know what's inside your Coca Cola?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Great drink but I like Pepsi better

I consume it in small quantities, it tastes good.
Anything is dangerous if consumed in large amounts, like medicine, food you name it. Anything in this world is toxic if abused, there is no exception.
Small everything is the answer

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
My previous comments where a little hastey for that I appologize, in response; Vegans dont need to take special pills to keep their bodies from eating themselves, for that i appologize. But they since it does take a much larger portion of vegtables to equal the same intake from a small portion of meat. vegetarians and vegans are adviced to take a multi vitamin preferabley one designed for vegans and vegitarians to regualte their protien and vitamin intake. But i doubt very many vegans decided to even bother consulting a doctor before they drastically changed their diet......but thats just my opinion ;p my vegan ex-girlfriend doctors advice was, since we humans are by nature designed as Omnivorse. There are Herbivorse with specially designed teeth and different digestive system which only allow them to eat fruits and vegtables. But we as humans are over thousands of years developed as omnivorse designed specifically to eat both meat and fruit. Hunting and Gathering. So for anyone to decide in their short 20-60 years of life to decide that they know better then thousands of years of human evolution just smacks of that typical "higher then thou" vegan thinking. I never met the man and i never laughed so hard. but she stopped seeing him lol... me and her broke up shortly there after...
good times........... not hating on no one just letting u know my opinion and what i heard.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Judohawk
A couple days ago I had a pretty bad headache from getting off the caffeine but now I'm starting to feel better again.

Caffeine is likely the least harmful of all compounds found in Coke!

You could try black coffee to help you feel better. I have 2 small cups a day (espresso) and it feels pretty good. No calories.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I do drink coffee occasionally, and drinking that would be better.

But after getting a big headache from being off of caffeine I don't know if I want to go back to drinking it regularly. However, caffeine does work wonders when paired with painkillers like aspirin and tylenol for knocking out a headache.

And I'm trying to give up soda not for the caffeine. That's honestly the least of my worries, but I'm giving it up because I should do myself some good and lose some weight. Cutting out foods and drinks that really don't have sustenance is the best way. Along with being more active too

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Judohawk]

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Judohawk]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

......My dad, who was in the grocery business for many years, always said that people who ate fruits/vegetables/meat in moderation, etc., were called 'health nuts'.......but the ones who ate all the processed, over-refined, heavily-sugared foods were not.......they were considered 'normal'....he always got a kick out of that comparison.....also one of his favorite sayings was '....your'e either going to pay the grocer or the pharmacist'.......amen to that!!
So, people, drink your water....even fruit juices can be high in natural sugars, which are still added calories, no matter how you look at it!!!.......for me it's water & coffee......I"ll enjoy my calories in the food I eat!!!!!.........and who the heck pays over $2 for a fancy frapucinno? what nonsense!!!!!!!!!! oh well, to each their own!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The fact is soft drinks are laden with addictive or harmful material - be it sugar, or as is the case with Coca-Cola, harmful pesticides (see article on this arch1design.com...
The frightening thing is the government is aware of this but does nothing to stop production.

Too much money involved?......

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Pour some coke on some pork chops or steaks before you fire up the BBQ. Wait a couple of hours.

It will not only put you off of drinking coke, but also for ever eating pork!

Don't believe me? Try it!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

What will happen? Please tell me now I feel ill in my stomach!
Second line.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

If you pour coke on some pork, the nasties inside of it, will come crawling out.

You have to wait a couple of hours.

I was turned on to this test for my husband, who has MS, by a person who swears the disease comes from eating contaminated pork, and the worms that come from it, that will eventually infect the brain, causing lesions. I tried this with pork sold at the local market, that looked ok.

I am vegan, and don't indulge in pork, or any kind of meat, but my husband loves it.

He still doesn't believe his MS came from undercooked pork!

He loves his coca cola, so, two very toxic substances he refuses to believe cause illness.

Yuck!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Everyone has to come to point where they decide to give it up for themselves. It was the best decision in my life. I've been addicted to it for almost 30 years and I was like some of the younger ones here stating they drink tons and are feel fine but there comes the time when you get older where the problems occur.

I've had allergies all my life with a constant runny nose and my skin looks horrible and I was diagnosed with gout and early arthritis because my joins and bones ached so bad.

I gave up soda and after a while I decided to have a can (bad day
) and within a minute my nose was running. I was thinking wow ..I havn't noticed my nose running in a while. So, I tried a little experiment. I waited 2 weeks with no runny nose and drank a few sips...within minutes my nose was running and did until I went to bed. I did this a few times and realized that was the culprit. My mom still drinks it religiously and her nose runs constantly but even after telling her, she won't give it up but hey, that's what addiction is.

I decided if I was going to change then I was going to CHANGE so I gave up all sugar and processed flour and try to only eat meat and veggies with some fruit here and there. Let me tell you, my life is forever changed. My skin got better, my gout is gone, my bones don't ache anymore, I started working out and exercising and I've lost 25 pounds!

yeah..I'll never go back.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I once had a patient who claimed he never smoked or drank alcohol in his life. But he did drink a six pack or more of coke everyday for 25 years. That patient developed diabetes lost his vision and had a below knee amputation. He was also put on dialysis. He would swear to me that he developed his illness's from his love of cola.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join